The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

2 Quality of Life Requests for Console

Kezzic
Kezzic
✭✭
Hello all,

First time posting on the forums, but I have always wanted these two features and I’d like to rid my conscience of needing to ask so here we go!

Is there any way we can get custom keybinding on console? For example, want to be able to change weapon swap/sheathe from left on the D-Pad, to R3 and/or Cycle Enemy to Right on the D-Pad. These are just examples, and I know custom keybinds are available on PC, and it would be great to have this functionality on Console as well.

Secondly, It would be really neat to get the ability to keybind, or even Quickslot “Screenshot Mode”. At the moment it is really cumbersome to have to fumble around the settings menu, deep into video, and then down in between two random screen adjustment sliders to take a quick, beautiful screenshot of the game with no UI.

Thank you for yalls time, I hope this can be added to some workflow corkboard and at least be considered as a possible QoL update for a future patch. Also if anyone thinks I need to move this post, or have a better place for suggestions please let me know,

Thank you!
Edited by Kezzic on November 2, 2021 9:53PM
  • festegios
    festegios
    ✭✭✭
    You can already remap buttons on PlayStation, most likely a Xbox too.
  • BreakaerB
    BreakaerB
    ✭✭
    I’m about to blow your mind bud. You can do all of this with an elite controller or some other after market controllers via the settings app on Xbox. However, it won’t solve the screenshot issue of removing the UI. That one is on ZOS.
    Edited by BreakaerB on November 3, 2021 11:29PM
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    festegios wrote: »

But you have to remap for everything you do on console, you can't just remap for ESO. You have to choose one of the templates and you can't adjust them
    Soupy twist
  • festegios
    festegios
    ✭✭✭
    fizl101 wrote: »

But you have to remap for everything you do on console, you can't just remap for ESO. You have to choose one of the templates and you can't adjust them

Yeah, I’m aware of that, but it does solve the issue. For the 2 minutes it takes to switch settings around compared to the hours you would most likely be working for, it works.

Or as suggested by another user some after market controllers have modified buttons that you can re-assign.

Neither are a perfect fix, but that’s almost the price we pay for playing on console 🤷‍♂️

There plenty of other things I’d prefer then to work on compared to controller mappings.

Assigning the screenshot mode to the hot wheel would be nice though
  • Syrpynt
    Syrpynt
    ✭✭✭
    Kezzic wrote: »
    Hello all,

First time posting on the forums, but I have always wanted these two features and I’d like to rid my conscience of needing to ask so here we go!

Is there any way we can get custom keybinding on console? For example, want to be able to change weapon swap/sheathe from left on the D-Pad, to R3 and/or Cycle Enemy to Right on the D-Pad. These are just examples, and I know custom keybinds are available on PC, and it would be great to have this functionality on Console as well.

Secondly, It would be really neat to get the ability to keybind, or even Quickslot “Screenshot Mode”. At the moment it is really cumbersome to have to fumble around the settings menu, deep into video, and then down in between two random screen adjustment sliders to take a quick, beautiful screenshot of the game with no UI.

Thank you for yalls time, I hope this can be added to some workflow corkboard and at least be considered as a possible QoL update for a future patch. Also if anyone thinks I need to move this post, or have a better place for suggestions please let me know,

Thank you!

Come to PC, we have nearly limitless keybindings, and you can still play with an Xbox controller (I do).

😈

With the microsoft merger, are the servers still split for crowns/collections?
    Edited by Syrpynt on November 4, 2021 8:21PM
  • Kezzic
    Kezzic
    ✭✭

Yeah, I’m tracking— but that is unsatisfactory and tbh a huge hassle remembering to swap back and forth. It should be something available to change in game— PC has it, there is no reason we can’t.
    Neither are a perfect fix, but that’s almost the price we pay for playing on console 🤷‍♂️

Yeah… but it doesn’t have to be… hence why I’m asking for a change?
    Edited by Kezzic on November 5, 2021 8:07AM
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stacking items in guild bank would be so nice
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Jman100582
    Jman100582
    ✭✭✭✭
    how about...hear me out...console just gets keyboard support? Why can we only use a keyboard to type? There's no reason that a game ported from pc over to console shouldn't have keyboard/mouse play support
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know someone who runs keyboard and mouse on xb.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr