The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Markyn Ring of Majesty Leads

• gliant
    gliant
    Crimson Diamond.anyone got it in solo?i soloed Falkrearh almost 30 times,no luck. i start to think it wont dorp in solo.
  • HedgeHugger
    HedgeHugger
    ✭✭✭
    Is the lead from the daedrats bugged for Xbox currently? It would be good to know either way. Haven't killed that many so far, as I have other leads I can find, not turned up yet for either myself or OH.

I can answer this for myself now. Not bugged at all :) just needed to kill a lot more than I/we had already. Random Daedrat wandering somewhere in the Deadlands.

• kalimar44
    kalimar44
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nerhesi wrote: »
    rdk wrote: »
    What about Mindcleaver Loop? Can't get this lead for a 2 days

Everything else drops where it is stated - I've got 4 now. But the nature of RNG is such that some people will get it in their first drop, and others... like me... well lets say my MMO RNG luck has crap since EQ and Jboots (bonus points if you get the reference).

I remember camping for jboots, and hated it!
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC EU here. Got all the leads from:
    Daedrats - The Deadlands creature
    The Deadlands dailies
    The Unmaker - One of the bosses in The Deadlands
    Clodharbour treasure chests
    Banished Cells II trash mobs
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Marcusorion1
    Marcusorion1
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC - NA , trash archer from BC 1 gave me mine :)
  • huntgod_ESO
    huntgod_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For daedrats, it is actually easier just to run along the road and kill them, it's faster than waiting for respawn on fixed locations.
    --- HuntGod ---
    Officer of the Unrepentant
    www.unrepentantgaming.com
  • HushAzrael
    HushAzrael
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone confirmed that the CRIMSON diamond lead for belharzas band is dropping?? And where? I’ve ran falkreath a quite a few times and nothing is dropping.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gliant wrote: »
    Crimson Diamond.anyone got it in solo?i soloed Falkrearh almost 30 times,no luck. i start to think it wont dorp in solo.
    HushAzrael wrote: »
    Has anyone confirmed that the CRIMSON diamond lead for belharzas band is dropping?? And where? I’ve ran falkreath a quite a few times and nothing is dropping.

Yeah it is definitely dropping. It took me around 30 runs of falkreath, 60 chests, before it finally dropped for me last week. And it dropped in a solo run.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone gotten the Morpholith Shank for the Markyn Ring of Majesty from Coldharbour chests lately? I've opened 98 chests and no lead. If so where did you get it? In a chest in a delve or in overland?
  • AdricEdwistyr
    At this point I have oppend something like 50 Deadlands daily reward coffers and did'nt got the lead Firescourge Band.
    I think that ZOS should really reconsider the way those leads drop because right now it's in my opinion it's the most boring system in the game...
  • bzz86
    bzz86
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nevidyra wrote: »
    Has anyone found the Searing Gem yet? I'd like to involve the community in the hunt. I've heard rumors that it drops from COA II, final boss. No luck yet.

unknown.png

Somebody must have said it before, but - deadrats... Just run around and oneshot them. Took me about 20 mins.
  • bzz86
    bzz86
    ✭✭✭✭
    gliant wrote: »

Yes - this was the longest one for me. I dont know how many times I run it - but it took 'forever' ;-) You can solo find it - I hope you will get it soon mate! :D
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    VixxVexx wrote: »
    Hey all, just wanted to pop in and let you know that this Lead is actually bugged and not dropping from its intended source. We're working on getting it fixed as quickly as possible, though!

What about the Crimson Diamond lead for Belharza's Band? Is that one bugged too?

Just double checked and yes, that one is also bugged. We'll make sure to get that fixed in the first incremental as well.

I don't even know what these are, but I appreciate the response, not just moving it to the "bugs thread" to die.

Hopefully this indicates some annoying long-term bugs will also see attention over time.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Pink_Pixie
    Pink_Pixie
    ✭✭✭
    Been trying to find the crimson diamond myself. Over 40 runs so far, that is 80 chests and it's driving me insane. It's absolutely tedious to grind a lead in such a fashion. There seems to be such a low chance to find the lead I really think I'll never find it.
  • akdave0
    akdave0
    ✭✭✭✭
    I finished my markyn ring yesterday, the daily jobs broker was the most painful part.
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In all these RNG driven mechanics we need either a softcap or a hardcap (or however they are called).

In the case of the Crimson Diamond for example either every time that a chest is opened and it doesn't yield a lead exponentially increases the odds of getting a lead in the next opening instance or there is a limit to the number of instances (for the sake of argument let's say 10) that can fail to produce a lead before it has to yield one.

Recent changes would indicate that the devs are taking an approach that is more respectful of people's time, hopefully this will be a continued trend.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As this thread is now over a year old we've decided to close the discussion. You are welcome to start a new thread on this topic if no recent threads exist in the General Discussion forum.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.