The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The amount of time I spend managing inventory in this game is obscene. Why can't we buy more space?

vinnyml
vinnyml
✭✭✭
Yes I have max inventory on 11 characters and yes I have max bank space and yes I have both pets. Just to get that out of the way. (Edit: my bad, should have said this originally: I have never not had ESO+.)

But seriously, why wouldn't ZOS want to sell additional space? I genuinely don't get it. In and of itself, selling additional bank space for Crowns would be nearly pure profit. What form of technology is moving faster and getting cheaper than data storage?

Even more perplexing is why we can't purchase additional item slots in homes. Let there by no ambiguity here: I pass on buying furnishing packs every cycle because I don't have enough item slots in a given home. Basically I'm asking them to take my money for the sole purpose of taking more of my money.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capitalism

Where are we lost?
Edited by vinnyml on October 31, 2021 1:05AM
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, from one point of view, they do sell additional bank space for $. It's called ESO+.

---
    Every MMO I've played has had a max bag/bank space. Some of them have slowly increased over time (like WoW having bigger backpacks every expansion or so), others haven't. People juggling junk between mules & "private" guild banks has existed in the genre since it's beginning.

I can only assume that there are reasons for those limits (like, the more each character can stash away, the more database space it takes for each character record).

edit:
    But seriously, why wouldn't ZOS want to sell additional space?

They don't want their server databases to collapse even further? o:)
    Edited by Kiralyn2000 on October 30, 2021 7:48PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vinnyml wrote: »
    But seriously, why wouldn't ZOS want to sell additional space? I genuinely don't get it. In and of itself, selling additional bank space for Crowns would be nearly pure profit. What form of technology is moving faster and getting cheaper than data storage?

Data storage, that is easy. Data management, that is the tricky thing, and the more storage you have, the harder it is to manage.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it would be nice if they added more storage chests for us to store stuff in, so we can move more stuff out of our bank accounts and characters' inventories.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I have max inventory on 11 characters and yes I have max bank space and yes I have both pets. Just to get that out of the way.

Even more perplexing is why we can't purchase additional item slots in homes. Let there by no ambiguity here: I pass on buying furnishing packs every cycle because I don't have enough item slots in a given home. Basically I'm asking them to take my money for the sole purpose of taking more of my money.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capitalism

Where are we lost?

Probably because they want to encourage people to buy ESO plus.

More space would be nice though. It's pretty messed up we still have the same amount of bank space we do 100 expansions later. My best advice is try to join a lot of new guilds and hope one of them dies leaving you with a guild bank.
  • BomblePants
    BomblePants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You want to buy more inventory space… you got it…£10 a month dude…
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You want to buy more inventory space… you got it…£10 a month dude…

and you can do it for only one month dump everything into the craft bag and then let it lapse. Do it again six months later or wait until the free week of ESO+ and load the craft bag up again.

The housing space limit is because of performance issues. You can search through the housing forum and find a thread with a post that explains well why the limit is set at the current level. ZoS has told us a few times the performance issue is something they are working on as they would like to provide us with more space.
    They know housing is a huge money maker.

When I was having inventory problems I bought a 2nd account and shoveled everything I didn't think I would need for a while over to that account. Mostly motifs and gear I didn't want to decon in case it became good again. I checked that account a couple of days ago and had over thirty Witches Festival Writs sitting there. Sent them back to the main and stuck them in the guild trader.

ESO+ is a bargain though. If you play more than three hours a month it is cheaper per hour than going to see a movie.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I too feel I have to spend too much time managing my inventories on all my characters. Our inventories should atleast be 500 slots right now, and our bank atleast 1500 slots. Also, the housing furniture and storage slots should be doubled.

And this isn't just about managing my inventory, but also about me having to go back to town after every two quests to deconstruct/sell everything I gathered. As I kill everything, and pick up everything!

PS: I have the maximum amount of slots currently available, including pets and ESO+.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Character bag space limit of 210 often seems low. Would love to see this increased to 280-300.
    PC NA
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although I'd love to have more inventory, bank, and storage space, I must admit that having more space just tends to delay the chore of managing what I have.

A huge percentage of my inventory, bank, and storage slots are filled with treasure maps-- in many cases, multiple duplicates of maps that won't stack together-- survey maps, multiples of runeboxes for things I already have (and that won't stack), many multiple stacks of free potions and other things that I haven't gotten around to use yet (and maybe never will), not to mention all the various types of AvA siege equipment (that won't stack). If I could just bring myself to destroy or give away half of that stuff, I would have a lot more space available-- which would just get filled up with more stuff.

Having limited numbers of slots might actually be a blessing in disguise, in that it keeps us from just dumping load after load of junk into our inventories, bank account, and storage chests. If you could see the contents of my main storage chest in my main house in TES5:Skyrim, you'd laugh at how much stuff I've dumped in there. It's almost impossible to find anything in it, and for that matter it takes a long time just to open it up and look inside. Nearly infinite storage space can be more of a curse than a blessing.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • belial5221_ESO
    belial5221_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't matter how much they give,you'll always fill it.You need to learn to jsut decon,and sell things,lol.You get 210 inventory max,8 coffers total of 360 spaces,bank 240(480 with eso+)maxed,get 10 ppl to join a guild you make,or buy more eso copies when affordable for 500 spaces per guild(10 chars = 10 guilds = 5000 spaces).
  • codierussell
    codierussell
    ✭✭✭✭
    One thing I would like more than the inventory space is being able to see other characters inventory. I feel like I would be able to better keep track of what I need and don't need if I can see every characters inventory at once. Instead of keeping something on the off chance I need it on another character turns into having 10 best traited gear pieces because I don't know how many I need. I am currently going through this with yolnakriin on all my tanks. I never know if I need a sturdy piece or not.
  • Blinx
    Blinx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I gave up trying to manage my inventory, it's exasperating in this game, they do it so we're forced to buy ESO+, but even then it's no picnic.
    If it's not currently being used, I'm selling to merchant, deconstructing, or destroying. There's just way too many drops and not nearly enough space, I don't bother picking up companion gear anymore, I'll look if its purple tho.
    If I could give Bastian back his useless keepsake, I would, it would save me the trouble of deleting all those potions!
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing I would like more than the inventory space is being able to see other characters inventory. I feel like I would be able to better keep track of what I need and don't need if I can see every characters inventory at once. Instead of keeping something on the off chance I need it on another character turns into having 10 best traited gear pieces because I don't know how many I need. I am currently going through this with yolnakriin on all my tanks. I never know if I need a sturdy piece or not.

If you're on PC, there's an addon for that: Leo's Altholic
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »
    Character bag space limit of 210 often seems low. Would love to see this increased to 280-300.

People would have that filled up by the afternoon that the update dropped and be asking for more the next day. :smile:
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We do have the Sticker book so at least you dont have to horde every set in hopes it becomes relevant again.

The Craft Bag really helps.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• codierussell
    codierussell
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »

I am not on PC.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »

I am not on PC.

Sorry about that then.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarannah wrote: »
    I too feel I have to spend too much time managing my inventories on all my characters. Our inventories should atleast be 500 slots right now, and our bank atleast 1500 slots. Also, the housing furniture and storage slots should be doubled.

And this isn't just about managing my inventory, but also about me having to go back to town after every two quests to deconstruct/sell everything I gathered. As I kill everything, and pick up everything!

PS: I have the maximum amount of slots currently available, including pets and ESO+.

You are basically in the same spot I am in. No matter how many inventory slots we get it will never be enough because we will fill them and want more. My healer still carries around sets she hasn't used for a couple of years at least. I finally bit the bullet, or more game friendly a suppose fell on the sword and got rid of a whole lot of stuff I haven't used for ages. I do have more than thirty homes in the game and most those are just storage for furniture I might want to use. Gotta deal with that some day.
    My inventory is filling back up and I send all the worthless or near worthless motifs such as the Dremora we are getting to a 2nd account. We hoard things and we are always going to want more inventory slots no matter how many we get.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would really love more inventory or storage chests just for furnishings! Since the wonderful addition of the stickerbook, I am very selective of what gear I keep and my characters must carry that. I give away or sell treasure maps, motifs, etc. that I don’t intend to use myself. I only keep potions I actually use. My crafter holds all the survey maps I get and goes out to collect when I feel like it or when bag space starts to feel tight. I think I have around 50 spaces empty for gear to be deposited for my crafter to decon.
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    Sarannah wrote: »

You are basically in the same spot I am in. No matter how many inventory slots we get it will never be enough because we will fill them and want more. My healer still carries around sets she hasn't used for a couple of years at least. I finally bit the bullet, or more game friendly a suppose fell on the sword and got rid of a whole lot of stuff I haven't used for ages. I do have more than thirty homes in the game and most those are just storage for furniture I might want to use. Gotta deal with that some day.
    My inventory is filling back up and I send all the worthless or near worthless motifs such as the Dremora we are getting to a 2nd account. We hoard things and we are always going to want more inventory slots no matter how many we get.
    Never do I keep sets, treasure maps, or furniture in my inventories, and I only keep surveys and motifs in my bank. I do not hoard things actually.

I keep the daily crafting writ stuff on me, one stack of each potion, account bound stuff, repair kits, zone collectibles(clockwork spine/hands, skyrim tapestries, etc), some event containers, master writs I cannot store in bank or complete yet, and probably some other small stuff. Which comes down to a total of around 80-90 slots for just basic usage. Some characters use more slots, as they still have traits to research or on which I do the current in-game event, those usually have around 120-160 inventory slots filled. This goes for all of my characters except my main. My main also holds all master writs I can complete, some CE treasure maps, daily login rewards, etc. My main has around 180-190 inventory slots in use. Due to these inventory issues I actually stopped doing events on my main, and stopped buying crownstore items on my main.

For all those characters this is not including stuff I pick up while out questing. Which fills up my inventory too quickly in my opinion.
    Edited by Sarannah on November 1, 2021 10:28AM
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never quite get why people think that their inventory would be easier to manage if only there was more of it. Yes I understand it would all be in one place such as the bank rather than split up, but there's a much simpler solution - there is no reason to hoard in this game. If you do, then it's a given that you need to subscribe as well as buy all the chests, maximise all the bank and inventory slots, create mules incl on a second account if necessary, and have plenty of houses. If after all that and despite having your own guild bank you still run out of space then you really do need to cut back on the hoarding :wink: !
    Edited by Tandor on October 30, 2021 11:06PM
  • Nanfoodle
    Nanfoodle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be happy at this point if companion gear had its own inventory system. It's taking up too many bank and bag slots. Tue patch will have us using more sets on each character, so we do need a better system. If Zeni wants us spending crown on Armory Slots, we need something.
  • Nanfoodle
    Nanfoodle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

People would have that filled up by the afternoon that the update dropped and be asking for more the next day. :smile:

I think we need it now. How am I going to use the Armory System on all my chars? On one char, running one spec has 4 sets of gear I swap between on the regular. So for every armory slot I have on a character, I will need to carry 1 to 3 more sets. IMO we need more bag space to enjoy the Armory System. And I will hold back on spending crowns on Armory Slots till I see more bag space. That does not even get into Companion gear.
    Edited by Nanfoodle on October 30, 2021 11:54PM
  • Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nanfoodle wrote: »

I think we need it now. How am I going to use the Armory System on all my chars? On one char, running one spec has 4 sets of gear I swap between on the regular. So for every armory slot I have on a character, I will need to carry 1 to 3 more sets. IMO we need more bag space to enjoy the Armory System. And I will hold back on spending crowns on Armory Slots till I see more bag space. That does not even get into Companion gear.
    Correct me if I'm misunderstanding: even accounting for 14 pieces in each set -- which isn't the case most of the time and it would be a setup rather than a set; 7 body pieces + 2 rings + necklace + front bar weapon + other back bar weapon of choice + two piece monster set -- that would be 56 item slots. Add in an additional 3 setups (not sets), that's still only 98 slots out of 220? Include 3 or 4 different types of food and a couple stacks of each type of potion, you're still under 110. Why do we "need" more slots?

Don't get me wrong, I'd like more inentory space. I have several different setups -- different groups want different setups -- that I need to juggle on a single character, but that's on me and I'm able to manage with minimal frustration.

Need is a strong word.
    @Troodon80 PC | EU
    Guild: N&S
    Hand of Alkosh | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
    Deep Dive into Dreadsail Reef Mechanics
  • Nanfoodle
    Nanfoodle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Troodon80 wrote: »
    Nanfoodle wrote: »

Correct me if I'm misunderstanding: even accounting for 14 pieces in each set -- which isn't the case most of the time and it would be a setup rather than a set; 7 body pieces + 2 rings + necklace + front bar weapon + other back bar weapon of choice + two piece monster set -- that would be 56 item slots. Add in an additional 3 setups (not sets), that's still only 98 slots out of 220? Include 3 or 4 different types of food and a couple stacks of each type of potion, you're still under 110. Why do we "need" more slots?

Don't get me wrong, I'd like more inentory space. I have several different setups -- different groups want different setups -- that I need to juggle on a single character, but that's on me and I'm able to manage with minimal frustration.

Need is a strong word.

[snip] Your right, 90-100 bag space is the perfect amount of space when your play sessions are just about an hour. I will stop playing for many hours a play sesion so I don't have to do banking runs 2 to 3 times a night. I see the light. The invantory is designed to play for an hour or so. [snip]

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 31, 2021 12:32PM
  • vinnyml
    vinnyml
    ✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    I never quite get why people think that their inventory would be easier to manage if only there was more of it.

I could have probably chosen my words better here. I said "inventory management" to be succinct. All the stuff I have is something for which I have a definite plan, or items from a limited-time Crown Store showcase. For the latter, let's say it's a cool fire-breathing dragon statue, but I'm not currently working on a the specific house where it will eventually go. My choices are get it and store it or maybe never have it. What an absurd business model that is. Strictly from ZOS' perspective, the options there are earn revenue or don't earn revenue. No gray area. That's what confuses me.

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    I never quite get why people think that their inventory would be easier to manage if only there was more of it.

I could have probably chosen my words better here. I said "inventory management" to be succinct. All the stuff I have is something for which I have a definite plan, or items from a limited-time Crown Store showcase. For the latter, let's say it's a cool fire-breathing dragon statue, but I'm not currently working on a the specific house where it will eventually go. My choices are get it and store it or maybe never have it. What an absurd business model that is. Strictly from ZOS' perspective, the options there are earn revenue or don't earn revenue. No gray area. That's what confuses me.

This is why the free houses exist, like the Psijic palace and this one we get from the 2021 events... They are warehouses for unused furniture. :smile:
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    We do have the Sticker book so at least you dont have to horde every set in hopes it becomes relevant again.

The Craft Bag really helps.

This. I go through my stuff and weed out the armor that I am not using and decon it. No reason to keep it just hanging around. I keep ahold of good quality jewelry and even some weapons that I am more likely to use than more of the junk I have sitting around.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually usually don't find much criticism in hardcore housing guilds of anyone's house. I find most of them are really supportive and appreciate everyone's efforts from the new to housing person to the master architect and everyone in between. Everyone loves being supportive and encouraging. That's one of the reasons I love housing so much.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on October 31, 2021 2:19AM
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I dont understand how people het inventory problem in this game, for the eso+,member to be specific

Currently most of my charscters ave around 50-60 used bag space with the resdtfree to fill up trought gameplay
    All my, treasure maps, surveys, writs and siege amd some to be sold motif are stored in my housing chest
    I keep no unused gear exept gold jewelery and purple companion gear due to stockerbook
    My bank still got three upgrade not purchqsed after playing since console lauch in 2015 and current ly dont feel the need to spend that gold

Mats are in the craft bag and i currently have about 600 housing furniture stored in unused house

I dont need more space at all