The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Crow Houseguest 2500 crown?!?!?!

huntgod_ESO
huntgod_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
Way to make you supporters feel exploited...I've bought all the houseguests so far and felt a bit exploited, but bumping the price and extra 1000 crowns for the crow feels abusive.
--- HuntGod ---
Officer of the Unrepentant
www.unrepentantgaming.com
  • six2fall
    six2fall
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stop buying crowns. The price on stuff imo was already overpriced but for past months they have been upping it for crown items for gem items etc testing to see what they can get away with & guess what people still buy so it's only gonna get worse over time
    Options
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you bought everything at a lower price, what do you think they'll do? Clearly (by their logic), they were pricing it too low if you bought it all.
    Options
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As long as people keep chucking money at them, they'll keep raising prices.
    Options
  • deleted220614-000183
    2500 is a bit expensive but it is not the first crownstore houseguest having this pricetag.
    Options
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They realized people like crows since they bought the re skinned asisstants.
    Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
    ESO plus status: Cancelled
    ESO currently uninstalled.
    Options
  • Paulytnz
    Paulytnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBH I wouldn't buy ANY Houseguests no matter what the price until they give us a decent amount of slots for them in our houses......

Sharing slots with Mounts and Pets is just such a bad idea. Give us extra slots JUST for Houseguests.
    Edited by Paulytnz on October 30, 2021 10:48AM
    Options
  • deleted220614-000183
    To be honest I had always mixed feelings about previous banker/merchant combos.

Skinny greeny oldy elf and a wannabe pirate lady ?
    They don't fit anywhere.
    Some people use elf as a priest but I don't have Patherfang yet.
    Lady could be maybe used as a cook but I have better and cheaper :) cooks .

Cats were maybe cute but you dont expect banker on the table, do you.

I found crows to be the first really good looking combo as you can place them both easily on one
    Telvanni Shelves and they look natural, good animated there.

So I bought them because I postponed previous assistants half an year.

3rd crow would probably confuse house visitors only :smile:
    Options
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    trpajzla wrote: »
    3rd crow would probably confuse house visitors only :smile:

Third crow is much smaller then the first two. It’s more “crow” sized.
    Options
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought it. Not that happy about the price, but I rationalize it that it is not a “one off”, or in other words I can place it in every home if I wanted to as compared to the statues, etc.

In the end I had to get it. I mean look at my forum name I have had for 7+ years now. 😆
    Options
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Only Worthy house Guest is Sereyne

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Sereyne

Sereyne is an alcoholic Alfiq mage who can be found drowning her sorrows in The Stitches. Tasnasi asks that you recruit her for a heist against Khasda at Meirvale Keep. She was previously available to obtain as a houseguest. Sereyne has a third cousin named Janessa.

Houseguest Dialogue
    ON-icon-houseguest-Sereyne.png
    An outlaw with a talent for magic but a thirst for alcohol, Sereyne wants a cozy place to drink her troubles away. Perhaps you can provide? After adding Sereyne to your home, you can set her on a path, plus you and your visitors can speak with her.
    Sereyne is also available as a Houseguest as a limited-time Crown Store purchase. While she is in your home she can be spoken with.

Sereyne as a houseguest
    "Big people never pay attention to where they step. You wouldn't believe how often people trip over me when I'm lying in the middle of the room. How do they miss something in such a prominent location?
    Makes my fur furl, it certainly does."
    "Did I ever mention that I learned how to brew in the Mages Guild?
    That's not what the assignment called for, but my instructor got too sloshed on my Dremora blood beer to complain."
    "Don't ever touch me while I'm sleeping. Or throw things at me. Even if I'm snoring!
    Those who interrupt my beauty rest get the Evil Eye. And the Stabby Claw."
    "Ever had moon-sugarcane cider? So sticky sweet it coats your tongue and the little bubbles tickle your throat. Like Jone and Jode showering you with kisses. Ah, but it sours too quickly. You only find it brewed on sugar farms."
    "Haha, did I ever mention …? Did I ever tell you…what was it…that … when I was doing the thing? With the words and the glowing?
    No, I'm sure I told you. That was great, wasn't it? Good times!"
    "Have you been back to the Stitches recently? Tasnasi is really turning that place around. I even saw her smile once. I think it was a smile. I guess it could have been a frown. I was lying on my back at the time, so everything was upside down." (Appears if Tasnasi became the leader of the Stitches)
    "Have you seen my focus? I need my focus. I can't cast my sleepy-time quiet spell without my focus and I need my sleepy-time quiet—oh, it's around my neck. Goodnight!"
    "Hey, hey Baandari girl, swing your tail in stride! Woo! I love that song.
    Say, why am I the only one singing? Where's the music? Don't you know how to play instrument? We need music, damn it! Now!"
    "Hey. Why don't you fetch some more pillows, or maybe a nice box? I'm running out of places to nap."
    "Hmm? What? I was just starting to doze off! Now I'm going to have to start counting bottles again. But these are empty. I can't count empty bottles. Bring me some new bottles!
    And make sure they're full this time!"
    ^ "I have a third cousin, twice removed, who woke up in a bag the other day. She gets carried away with her drinking—not like me—and then gets carried away. In a bag.
    Maybe I'll chaperone next time. Drink her wine. For her benefit, of course."
    "I heard once that it was Sangiin who gave Khajiit the secret of wine by spilling the blood of the grapes. I don't care much for Daedra or Divines, but him?
    Him I like."
    "I may not know how to turn lead to gold, but I can turn any booze yellow just by drinking it. Hee hee."
    "I was—hic—working out a spell to—hic—stop the hiccups, but—hic—I can't finish the damn—hic—incantation. Ugh."
    "I'm keeping an eye on any buckets I see. Every now and again I still get a whiff of whatever I was drenched with back in the Stitches.
    Maybe one of Vole's degreasers would help."
    "Mmm. Not so loud. Use the itty-bitty voice if you must. I've had, perhaps, three bottles too many. Now it feels like broken glass between my ears.
    One day, I will create a spell to deal with this. Then the gold will roll in!"
    "Nazdar's practicing has paid off. He hasn't improved, but he broke all his strings. At least there will be some peace and quiet until he gets new ones.
    Don't worry. Humble Zaham is doing his best to smuggle all the strings out of the Stitches."
    "No matter where I travel, it's the same every time. Shave-skins flock to me, babbling in squeaky idiot voices. "Ooo, who dressed up this pretty little kitty?"
    Feh! Do Khajiit not wear clothes where they come from?"
    "Oh, you live here, too? This is much nicer than those dumps in the Stitches. Much less excrement in the corners.
    Except that one. Sorry."
    "Ohh. No talking now. Massive headache.
    Only two known cures for headache. Not talking. And wine. I need both. Now."
    "Ooo, excuse me. That was a big one. The fizzy drinks always do that to me, but I like the fizzy drinks.
    The bubbles tickle my whiskers."
    "People say you should never mix hard liquor and beer, but—hrng, ugh—it's wine and fur that are real trouble. Ulp ….
    Which way to the little Khajiit's room?"
    "Some might abandon the last dregs at the bottom of a bottle, but I know a trick to make sure not a drop goes to waste. Azurah gave Khajiit tails for a reason, yes?
    I don't know what that reason was, but mine soaks up alcohol quite nicely."
    "Someone vomited by the cooking fire. Very inconsiderate.
    You should probably clean that up. I'd prefer not to step in it when I go to get a snack."
    "Stand right there. Lift up your pant leg. Perfect!
    Now, don't mind me. I need something to scratch."
    "The host of this establishment is much better than the Averno brothers. Always inviting people to sit in their laps. Sometimes sitting on each other's laps. I think they did it to annoy me. But it takes more than watery drinks to get me to cozy up."
    "There's perfectly good food and drink going to waste in the pantry. It could be better used to show guests some hospitality. Guests like me.
    Not anyone else who might be hanging around, though. All for me."
    "What are you looking at? You're staring at my tummy? I see you staring at my tummy.
    Don't even think about it."
    "What kind of inn is this? I've been sitting here for hours and nobody's brought me a drink. This is why I refuse to be a paying customer.
    Are you the proprietor? Bring me some wine!"
    "What? I was not just staring at nothing! There was definitely something there. Something … unusual. You just couldn't see it. Takes the proper mix of alcohol and magecraft to see what isn't there.
    And now I need more alcohol …."
    "When you're thirsty, never sample flasks from a tinkerer's bag. Vole either keeps his grease in old whiskey bottles or makes the worst mixed drinks in the world.
    Both could be true with that one."
    "Why do people keep offering me mice? Is it customary to bring a guest a flea-ridden rodent in this part of the world?"
    "Your hand. Keep it where I can see it. I know my fur looks soft and inviting, but if you attempt to pet me, you will lose it.
    My claws are very sharp, just so you know."
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
    Options
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn.

Zero house guests here (apart from original banker/merchant/reseller), they have no real importance or utility.
    Invite me and I'll walk around your house and say some catch phrases!
    'A crown must be well spent, mi Lord..' *bites into a crown and continues his 'path node'*
    Edited by Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo on October 30, 2021 3:08PM
    Options
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never bought any houseguest, not because of prices, it's because they're lifeless. If they interacted with the Player or even another houseguest the same way a regular NPC does (i.e. speaking without having necessarily to be interacted with) I'd certainly endorse the initiative and Sereyne would be an amazing addition.

Right now, the only faintly possible reason I'd buy the crow is to lock him/it in an enormous cage, hang them high in a tree and make them fly inside it to give some life to my house
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
    Options
  • Gaebriel0410
    Gaebriel0410
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that it's expensive for a houseguest, but I don't think they've recently raised their prices at all. I've always found the store quite consistent in pricing over the years.

It's probably more expensive because it has more voice lines, iirc 10 as opposed to the 3-4 that the 800 crown guests tend to have. I guess it's probably that good voice acting doesn't come cheap.

As someone who loves both those birds as well as knightly stuff in general I think the voice lines for Squire Caw are absolutely hilarious and I'm actually tempted to get it.

But alas, it's still expensive for what it is and if they give me a time limit to purchase it it's probably gonna be a no. :D
    I always skip on time-limited offers unless I know for sure I want them right away, I'm pretty immune to fomo, and everything eventually returns anyways.

I still believe they'd probably sell more if everything was available all the time, at least to people who think like me, I can't be the only one immune to the limited time carrot.
    Options
  • Einar_Hrafnarsson
    Einar_Hrafnarsson
    ✭✭✭✭
    As long as you keep buying them, they will raise the prices. It is simple logic TBH. Now, if most people would stop buying things, the prices might drop. They will not stop though, they want the shiny new item.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People want the Crow stuff, and some of them are willing to pay. These house guests are voice acted, and that does cost real money, so it is not like ZOS can just change them to another bird and sell them again.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • BronzeCaiman
    BronzeCaiman
    ✭✭✭
    The only houseguest I bought is Makes-Many-Soups. I felt like 1500 is an acceptable price for any houseguest. Though soup is my favorite food so I am biased.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only houseguest I bought is Makes-Many-Soups. I felt like 1500 is an acceptable price for any houseguest. Though soup is my favorite food so I am biased.

You _ate_ your house guest? Rude.

:smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I can only put a few guests in any of my houses, so I see no reason to buy anymore houseguests.

was kinda PO'd when they came out with the cool bird bank. Already had a banker so no reason to buy it.

:#
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    M'aiq, Sereyne, etc were 2500 as well weren't they? I think the special ones with tons of dialogue all cost that price. The plain ones with a decent amount of dialogue are 1500. And the basic ones with only a couple of lines are all less than that.
    Options
  • Mandragora
    Mandragora
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, from what I saw all special guests from quests did cost that and I didn't buy any of them - I was surprised that Adusa was "just" for 1.500,- , so I bought her - it is so good they don't like vamps :p
    And I agree with those who said that guests need to be separated from pets and mounts and have the possibility to set up their auto speach to make them feel more alive. Plus ability to use seats and so on.
    Maybe if they would separate the requirement - like you can have more of "alive" furnitures, but you can have only certain amount of them with set up pathing?
    Edited by Mandragora on October 30, 2021 9:18PM
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    Options
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was initially interested in the guests with more personality like M'aiq and Adusa, but then I saw the dialogue and was disappointed because it sounded like some stranger who had never seen you before. I guess I was expecting more relevant dialogue based on how much you've interacted with her via quests, but that would have been too complex I suppose. The crow is mildly entertaining but definitely not worth the asking price, lol.
    Options
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Obscene prices - which were too high to begin with. I bought M'aiq and I haven't even placed him yet, so I'm not falling for that again. I was excited about the seasonal mount - the deer with red eyes, forget its name - but it's 4000 crowns. Why? Why does a mount need to be so bloody expensive?
    Options
  • trackdemon5512
    trackdemon5512
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WiseSky wrote: »
    The Only Worthy house Guest is Sereyne

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Sereyne

Sereyne is an alcoholic Alfiq mage who can be found drowning her sorrows in The Stitches. Tasnasi asks that you recruit her for a heist against Khasda at Meirvale Keep. She was previously available to obtain as a houseguest. Sereyne has a third cousin named Janessa.

Houseguest Dialogue
    ON-icon-houseguest-Sereyne.png
    An outlaw with a talent for magic but a thirst for alcohol, Sereyne wants a cozy place to drink her troubles away. Perhaps you can provide? After adding Sereyne to your home, you can set her on a path, plus you and your visitors can speak with her.
    Sereyne is also available as a Houseguest as a limited-time Crown Store purchase. While she is in your home she can be spoken with.

Sereyne as a houseguest
    "Big people never pay attention to where they step. You wouldn't believe how often people trip over me when I'm lying in the middle of the room. How do they miss something in such a prominent location?
    Makes my fur furl, it certainly does."
    "Did I ever mention that I learned how to brew in the Mages Guild?
    That's not what the assignment called for, but my instructor got too sloshed on my Dremora blood beer to complain."
    "Don't ever touch me while I'm sleeping. Or throw things at me. Even if I'm snoring!
    Those who interrupt my beauty rest get the Evil Eye. And the Stabby Claw."
    "Ever had moon-sugarcane cider? So sticky sweet it coats your tongue and the little bubbles tickle your throat. Like Jone and Jode showering you with kisses. Ah, but it sours too quickly. You only find it brewed on sugar farms."
    "Haha, did I ever mention …? Did I ever tell you…what was it…that … when I was doing the thing? With the words and the glowing?
    No, I'm sure I told you. That was great, wasn't it? Good times!"
    "Have you been back to the Stitches recently? Tasnasi is really turning that place around. I even saw her smile once. I think it was a smile. I guess it could have been a frown. I was lying on my back at the time, so everything was upside down." (Appears if Tasnasi became the leader of the Stitches)
    "Have you seen my focus? I need my focus. I can't cast my sleepy-time quiet spell without my focus and I need my sleepy-time quiet—oh, it's around my neck. Goodnight!"
    "Hey, hey Baandari girl, swing your tail in stride! Woo! I love that song.
    Say, why am I the only one singing? Where's the music? Don't you know how to play instrument? We need music, damn it! Now!"
    "Hey. Why don't you fetch some more pillows, or maybe a nice box? I'm running out of places to nap."
    "Hmm? What? I was just starting to doze off! Now I'm going to have to start counting bottles again. But these are empty. I can't count empty bottles. Bring me some new bottles!
    And make sure they're full this time!"
    ^ "I have a third cousin, twice removed, who woke up in a bag the other day. She gets carried away with her drinking—not like me—and then gets carried away. In a bag.
    Maybe I'll chaperone next time. Drink her wine. For her benefit, of course."
    "I heard once that it was Sangiin who gave Khajiit the secret of wine by spilling the blood of the grapes. I don't care much for Daedra or Divines, but him?
    Him I like."
    "I may not know how to turn lead to gold, but I can turn any booze yellow just by drinking it. Hee hee."
    "I was—hic—working out a spell to—hic—stop the hiccups, but—hic—I can't finish the damn—hic—incantation. Ugh."
    "I'm keeping an eye on any buckets I see. Every now and again I still get a whiff of whatever I was drenched with back in the Stitches.
    Maybe one of Vole's degreasers would help."
    "Mmm. Not so loud. Use the itty-bitty voice if you must. I've had, perhaps, three bottles too many. Now it feels like broken glass between my ears.
    One day, I will create a spell to deal with this. Then the gold will roll in!"
    "Nazdar's practicing has paid off. He hasn't improved, but he broke all his strings. At least there will be some peace and quiet until he gets new ones.
    Don't worry. Humble Zaham is doing his best to smuggle all the strings out of the Stitches."
    "No matter where I travel, it's the same every time. Shave-skins flock to me, babbling in squeaky idiot voices. "Ooo, who dressed up this pretty little kitty?"
    Feh! Do Khajiit not wear clothes where they come from?"
    "Oh, you live here, too? This is much nicer than those dumps in the Stitches. Much less excrement in the corners.
    Except that one. Sorry."
    "Ohh. No talking now. Massive headache.
    Only two known cures for headache. Not talking. And wine. I need both. Now."
    "Ooo, excuse me. That was a big one. The fizzy drinks always do that to me, but I like the fizzy drinks.
    The bubbles tickle my whiskers."
    "People say you should never mix hard liquor and beer, but—hrng, ugh—it's wine and fur that are real trouble. Ulp ….
    Which way to the little Khajiit's room?"
    "Some might abandon the last dregs at the bottom of a bottle, but I know a trick to make sure not a drop goes to waste. Azurah gave Khajiit tails for a reason, yes?
    I don't know what that reason was, but mine soaks up alcohol quite nicely."
    "Someone vomited by the cooking fire. Very inconsiderate.
    You should probably clean that up. I'd prefer not to step in it when I go to get a snack."
    "Stand right there. Lift up your pant leg. Perfect!
    Now, don't mind me. I need something to scratch."
    "The host of this establishment is much better than the Averno brothers. Always inviting people to sit in their laps. Sometimes sitting on each other's laps. I think they did it to annoy me. But it takes more than watery drinks to get me to cozy up."
    "There's perfectly good food and drink going to waste in the pantry. It could be better used to show guests some hospitality. Guests like me.
    Not anyone else who might be hanging around, though. All for me."
    "What are you looking at? You're staring at my tummy? I see you staring at my tummy.
    Don't even think about it."
    "What kind of inn is this? I've been sitting here for hours and nobody's brought me a drink. This is why I refuse to be a paying customer.
    Are you the proprietor? Bring me some wine!"
    "What? I was not just staring at nothing! There was definitely something there. Something … unusual. You just couldn't see it. Takes the proper mix of alcohol and magecraft to see what isn't there.
    And now I need more alcohol …."
    "When you're thirsty, never sample flasks from a tinkerer's bag. Vole either keeps his grease in old whiskey bottles or makes the worst mixed drinks in the world.
    Both could be true with that one."
    "Why do people keep offering me mice? Is it customary to bring a guest a flea-ridden rodent in this part of the world?"
    "Your hand. Keep it where I can see it. I know my fur looks soft and inviting, but if you attempt to pet me, you will lose it.
    My claws are very sharp, just so you know."

Sereyne is probably the best houseguest ever. Voiced by Tara Strong who has done practically EVERYTHING under the sun for voice acting including Harley Quinn in the Arkham games, the lines are perfectly delivered.

The crow being so much isn’t bad imo. It does fly around based upon the path you put it and crow lines have often been super funny. I’d gladly pay double the price just to have a guest that says “Flap my feathers and call me a pigeon” without having to do a Clockwork City fetch quest.
    Options
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Destai wrote: »
    Obscene prices - which were too high to begin with. I bought M'aiq and I haven't even placed him yet, so I'm not falling for that again. I was excited about the seasonal mount - the deer with red eyes, forget its name - but it's 4000 crowns. Why? Why does a mount need to be so bloody expensive?

The Great Dark Stag did always cost 4k crowns,I agree it is expensive but at least it is direct purchase and not hidden in some crown crates.
    Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
    ESO plus status: Cancelled
    ESO currently uninstalled.
    Options