Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

The saddest thing about PVP in ESO

• JJOtterBear
    JJOtterBear
    ✭✭✭✭
    ESO requires skill?

OOLqsjw.jpg

(not intended as bashing, just a joke)
  • Eshkerigal
    Eshkerigal
    ✭✭✭
    Mixing pve and pvp is very bad idea. It's impossible to balance it.
  • Rebirthment
    Rebirthment
    ✭✭✭✭
    LeonAkando wrote: »
    This is set is being nerfed into oblivion in three days. How is that you guys are still complaining about this?

Because it's not getting nerfed to oblivion? The second pull removal is great but even with the initial dmg nerf, the scaling buff means that if anything it will probably be stronger next patch with how easy it is to use against groups.
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »
    Dark convergence, proc sets and etc. Just press one button and set will do the rest
    The problem is many players still haven't figured out you can..

1) hold down block
    2) dodge roll out
    3) mist form out
    4) elude up and laugh as DC does nothing to you
    5) streak/charge/leap out

I can't believe how many players stand on top of the DC orb helpless, not knowing what to do.

The damage is high w/ Dark Convergence but the double pull from 12 meters out is the main problem. It's a positional disadvantage that makes you vulnerable to huge Dawnbreakers, Necro bursts, etc.

The occasional lava pull is pretty funny and lots of WTF moments getting pulled through walls/stairs. Most teams I see using Dark Convergence end up losing battlegrounds anyways, at least against other teams with good healers.

None of this matters in 3 days anyways. The set is getting nerfed.

1. holding down block is helpful, but makes you a standstill easy target against ballgroups/zergs

2. Unless you dodge roll out the huge radius in time, you will be dragged in regardless which isn't always possible

3. mist is vamp only so having to be a vampire AND give up an ability slot isn't good and shouldn't be forced

4. major evasion only reduces the damage by a small amount like 2 maybe 3k? most of the time its paired with colossus, negate, volcanic rune etc. Not to mention you would need to wear 5 medium so gg mag players?

5. Doesn't matter because DC pulls you in anyways.

Not to mention DC is a bugged mess where it tends to ignore cc immunity at times and you end up getting ping ponged even if you just broke out of it recently.

Most infamous set to have been released IMO
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bro. The set is going to be able to pull more people which will scale it's damage even higher! Them VD crit. It's not getting any better.

The sad part of PvP in this game is it could have been the best MMO PvP by a mile; but has been crushed by horrific performance and design decisions of these sets.
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    Vevvev wrote: »
    That the skill of most players is determined not by actual skill, but by sets

Dark convergence, proc sets and etc. Just press one button and set will do the rest

using a controller, having nimble fingers and bouncing around like a kangaroo on speed is not skill.

The quick fingers and twitchy muscle memory does though. Not so much the controller and jumping.

quick fingers are a factor of age not skill.

There's stuff that gives up a leg up due to skill, stuff that gives you a leg up due to biology, and stuff that's a combination of both.

I think quick fingers falls into the latter. The dexterity means little if you're not practiced with them (which is skill) but at the same time, practicing won't matter if you weren't biologically blessed with them in the first place (which is luck).

when you get to 70 let me know how quick your fingers are.
  • Thecompton73
    Thecompton73
    ✭✭✭✭✭

using a controller, having nimble fingers and bouncing around like a kangaroo on speed is not skill.

The quick fingers and twitchy muscle memory does though. Not so much the controller and jumping.

There's stuff that gives up a leg up due to skill, stuff that gives you a leg up due to biology, and stuff that's a combination of both.

I think quick fingers falls into the latter. The dexterity means little if you're not practiced with them (which is skill) but at the same time, practicing won't matter if you weren't biologically blessed with them in the first place (which is luck).

Well if you start out with enough dexterity to play an instrument or use a controller at a very high level and lose a bit as you age you'd still likely be able to kick some butt.
    Check out this guy and tell me he wouldn't be able to keep up with someone in their 30's:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7TKB7jO22A
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is why I feel BG's should only have non-deathmatch queue's available, because in non-deathmatch games the balance issues aren't as prevalent. Due to those games being more about tactics.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I never said or implied that 70 year olds had quick fingers? I said the literal opposite.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on October 31, 2021 8:38PM
  • huntgod_ESO
    huntgod_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure how this "nerf" is going to make things any better, the radius is smaller, which isn't an issue as you are generally dealing with 5-6 overlapping DC's so you still can't roll free and blocking helps but often just means you die to something else. Of course you will die much faster now as the damage has increased significantly.

It is rare that my CC immunity seems to factor in when I get swamped with multiple DC's and I've been pulled off so many walls and actually into the keep a few times.

Remove the pull component, I'm fine with it, add a working CC immunity after you get hit the first time, I'm good, I'd love both.
    --- HuntGod ---
    Officer of the Unrepentant
    www.unrepentantgaming.com
  • aurelius_fx
    aurelius_fx
    ✭✭✭
    ESO requires skill?
    this but unironically
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Well if you start out with enough dexterity to play an instrument or use a controller at a very high level and lose a bit as you age you'd still likely be able to kick some butt.
    Check out this guy and tell me he wouldn't be able to keep up with someone in their 30's:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7TKB7jO22A

and you can do that?
  • Thecompton73
    Thecompton73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have fairly nimble fingers so I'm sure with enough tutoring and practice I could, but I'm not 70 so that's really beside the point.

Your OP Makes it seem like anyone that is 70 is going to inevitably be too slow and uncoordinated to be a good player. But the 81 year old man in the video I linked easily has enough dexterity and coordination to enable him to animation cancel and drop combos as well as anyone on a game controller if he learned how to play.
    Edited by Thecompton73 on October 31, 2021 11:57PM
  • Adremal
    Adremal
    ✭✭✭✭

Quick fingers are a matter of training, if practical shooting taught me anything. When I started going at the range I had to take 2 seconds between shots to stay on target with a .357; now I can stay on target better, at longer ranges and fire two or three rounds per second depending on the distance and placing of the targets. Current world champion Jerry Miculek is older than me and can fire 8 rounds in a second, among the other superhumanly things he does. A gun is different than a keyboard and mouse (or controller) only in the way that the latter requires a lot less strength. That's not to say Dark Convergence isn't broken, I hate it even though it rarely gets me, then again I take PvP in ESO a lot more casually than I do practical shooting.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I fall into this with finger dexterity. I really wanted to play a musical instrument. I can read music that was no problem and I had no problem spending time practicing but it just wasn't going to happen. I know where my fingers are suppose to go they just don't go there. Kind of odd because I've always had really good hand/eye coordination. Adjusting to a 94 MPH fastball with movement I could do without to much trouble. That doesn't translate into anything useful in game though. I still do decent in PvP because I am usually situationally aware and can react fast when surprised. When ganked I survive a lot more than I used to but quite a bit of the time I can't kill the ganker before he runs away so I guess it is a draw. I've gotten pretty good at getting the hell out of the way when a group is about to come rolling through so that isn't all bad.

And most important it still doesn't bother me much when I die.

and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."