The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Armory Station and Inventory Issue

JHartEllis
JHartEllis
✭✭✭✭✭
Considering that using the armory station (or assistant) necessitates having the different gear in your inventory, this has the potential to really strain inventory management for those with many slots purchased.

A solution to this would be to expand the carrying capacity of a character by, say, 5-10 for each slot upgrade they purchase. This would at least partially cover the additional inventory strain, and it would make the slot upgrades far more marketable.
Guild leader of Spicy Economics and Spicy Life on PC/NA
ESO Stream Team Partner on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/jhartellis
Twitter: https://twitter.com/JHartEllis
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/JHartEllis
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would welcome any solution to this problem.
  • The_Wunderboy
    That's why they sell space upgrades in CS and for gold. I don't see this happening as they would potentially cut income.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Inventory Management as a whole needs to be looked at, there is a fine line between promoting spending money for extra space and creating a bloated MMO with billions of items worth of trash. In my opinion, they've gone way ove the line.

For starters, why do we need crafting style materials for every new style in the game. I'm willing to bet 99% of the playerbase just uses Outfits for their appearance, rather than relying on crafted item set pieces for specific styles. The last time I did that was before the Outfit system released, now everything I craft is in 1 of the main race styles, just look at the TTC prices for style materials and you'll see how much people actually care about them.

Why do we need crafting materials for anything but level 160 cp gear? The leveling experience in this game from 0-50 is rather short for anyone doing it on the second or third pass who would be creating gear in the first place. The game uses horisontal progression systems, my main has been max level since One Tamriel, so 6 years? Instead of using different material types, just increase/decrease how much mats is required from the current max, to the lowest.

Eg. if it costs 140 rubedite to make a heavy chest as cp 160.. it should take 130 to make cp 100, 120 to make cp 50, 110 to make level 50, 90 to make level 40, 50 to make level 30, 25 to make level 20, 10 to make level 10 and 5 to make level 1... obviously a more accurate and gradual range from minimum to max, but you get the general idea.

Would this hurt sales for ESO +.. NO. Why? Because you still need stacks of 200 for materials and it costs like 800 to make only 5 pieces, thats only mats. What about Tempers? Potion ingredients. List goes on and on, you'd still want ESO + as a crafter, but at least we wouldn't be bogged down by literally 100s of different materials and style mats.

It's just bad game design. Simplify it.

How about trash items that are purely only available to be sold to NPC's for gold? Automatically sell it! Why do we need add-ons to do this for us? It serves no other purpose than as a transaction to earn gold.. hell, get rid of them entirely for all I care and give us Gold instead, cut out the middle man. The only thing lost is a bit of RP, but we never needed to steal Dolls from NPCs in other Elder Scrolls games, the gold and equipment was enough, Dolls and other misc items like that typically made 0 money for theiving, not sure why they're like 250 gold here.

Anything that doesn't stack like Treasure Maps, STACK them. Why do they need to take up more than one space. Any currencies, change them to behave like Keys, Gold and AP where we don't actually hold them in our inventory (if they still exist, can't think of them right now).

In regards to Armory. I don't really want more inventory spaces, I think 200 is plenty and is already annoying enough to manage. The approach should be to simplify what we collect, rather than increasing how much we can hold.

Think about allowing us to create box sets.

Eg. We're able to box 5 items of a completed set into 1 item in our inventory (I believe Runescape does this).
    Edited by MashmalloMan on October 15, 2021 6:42PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A better solution. Gear that is not currently used will be placed in the armory slot pockets. Thanks to this solution:
    1. you will not throw to the bank, destroy or lose such equipment.
    2. you do not clutter your inventory with 100 build items among which you have to search for dung items etc.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Aaxc
    Aaxc
    ✭✭✭
    Ppl who activly raid, have been running around with multiple sets in their inventory for years. And if you have to swap roles from DD to, lets say, a Tank, you pull out the banker and quicky take the items.

This is basic tactics. Introducing the Armory does not change any of this. In fact, apart from console ppl, no experianced player will actually use the Armoy, as it's faster and more efficient, to do this with basic addons who even have the option to swap gear directly from your bank.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me, all inventory issues revolve around housing.

Make a crafting style “furniture bag” and I could get away with just about anything the armory could throw at me.
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah inventory/trash management is insane and barely manageable even with ESO+, inventory pets, all housing storage, maxed out bag/bank space, multiple mules and multiple fine-tuned inventory management addons, it is still very very tedious and takes away a lot of experience. Each new dlc only introduces more trash that is not even compatible with ESO+, I think it started with dragons giving you literal trash as reward, then harrowstorms, deadlands, mirri bags from chests, bastian's passive puts three additional types of trash pots into your inventory. You go into PD for skill point on alt, you get some "scraps" which you need 10-50 off, and you have to manage that (hold/sell) too now. You go cyrodiil, and you need another 10-30 slots to hold cyro stuff for comfortable play.

For me, fun is in variety. Of course I could run one character with one build, but I would have dropped the game long ago.

ZOS, I already paid all the money you wanted from me for inventory, and I am still not satisfied.
  • LeonAkando
    LeonAkando
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aaxc wrote: »

This is basic tactics. Introducing the Armory does not change any of this. In fact, apart from console ppl, no experianced player will actually use the Armoy, as it's faster and more efficient, to do this with basic addons who even have the option to swap gear directly from your bank.

Truly? As a PC user with Dressing Room, I didn't know the addon could swap my attributes, my curses, my champion points, my skill points and morphs...
    I wonder how one unlocks all that, would eliminate the need to go to shrines and reconfigure CP everytime I swap builds.