Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The 3 things needed to defeat unkillable ball groups that wont break the game...

• LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LarsS wrote: »
    Having played ESO since open beta, I have noted a sucessive widening of the gap between new pvp players and hardcore players. This increased gap is due to the introduction of the CP system and the build diversity, especially the proc-sets. I think we have abundant proofs that new proc-sets wont solve this problem.

The problem is not easy to solve, good players or raids should have an advantage, on the other hand if the advantage gets to big, as it has been for a while, its not fun for anyone. People who are new to pvp leave again, when they are consitenty killed by hardcore raids and those raids run into a problem, because most people try to avoid them. So the power gap is at the core of the pvp problem.

I see only one solution and that is to remove proc-sets and CP from pvp and start a new from that base. I know that many experienced players want to be able to use their full power in pvp, so did I until a few months ago. Still ESO pvp have to change direction to stay fun, for both new and hardcore players.

You can already do this in Raven.

Yes we are on Raven, I think more people should check it out, its better balanced, balls are still good and they should be, but they are easier to kill.
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • Einstein_
    Einstein_
    ✭✭✭
    i am a part of a organized group. I already pointed out that a group with years of pratice and a highly optimized setup should be able to kill atleast the double/tripple amount of unorganized Pugs.

So 12v36 seems totaly fine to me if its 36 randoms without organisation.

On top of that i can take 2-3 buddys and we can kill EVERY ballgroup playing on EU-GH while they are fighting zerg.
    If a optimized group isn't expecting a 40k AOE burst they will die.....and its super EZ to do that when you zergsurf.

like lars already said:" theire is just a massiv skill gap between players and especially optimized groups"
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Einstein_ wrote: »
    i am a part of a organized group. I already pointed out that a group with years of pratice and a highly optimized setup should be able to kill atleast the double/tripple amount of unorganized Pugs.

So 12v36 seems totaly fine to me if its 36 randoms without organisation.

On top of that i can take 2-3 buddys and we can kill EVERY ballgroup playing on EU-GH while they are fighting zerg.
    If a optimized group isn't expecting a 40k AOE burst they will die.....and its super EZ to do that when you zergsurf.

like lars already said:" theire is just a massiv skill gap between players and especially optimized groups"

It's still possible to whipe 2-3 times you number on Raven, but limited resources (no CP) and no free dd/heal (proc-sets) give the zergs a better chance. It is obvious that the "skill gap" have to decrease, but it can't be done with yet another proc-set. Thats why I think ZOS should change direction. In fact I challenge all pvp players to try out Raven and see for themself. As long as a majority of us play on CP, ZOS will continue to try to fix the gap with new sets, which we know wont solve the problem.
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another solution to be ball groups, request that buffs only apply within a group and group size be limited to 4 players in PVP.
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another solution to be ball groups, request that buffs only apply within a group and group size be limited to 4 players in PVP.

I don't understand why people want to punish everyone just because you don't like dealing with a ball group. They already dropped it to 12 which has had a lot of unintended consequences.

I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't understand why people want to punish everyone just because you don't like dealing with a ball group. They already dropped it to 12 which has had a lot of unintended consequences.

I agree, also why wouldn't / shouldn't a rehearsed and optimized full group be rewarded for their efforts? It's next to impossible to find 12 players who get along and can all play at the same time.

The only issue with ball groups is their propensity to exploit / undermine the map game for the purposes of farming AP. Nothing about their overwhelming combat effectiveness should be regarded as a problem. That's my take, anyhow, and I RP a solo fisherman who only fights other players to keep their mitts off my delicious fish.

Edited by Urzigurumash on October 20, 2021 2:16AM
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • gamma71
    gamma71
    ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't played on PC for years and that's we're I saw what I considered a ball group brought that over from Daoc. Now I play on PS4 server and for a bit x box one I don't see these unkillable ball groups it s normally just zerg vs zerg on the consoles.

Is that what most people think?