The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Add an analogue of Voledrang for magic classes. (Maybe the Staff of Magnus)

• DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Merllow wrote: »
    Kwoung wrote: »
    I run it all the time on my magplar. There's no disadvantage.

I believed it, of course)

Just curious, exactly how many times have you had the hammer and exactly what went wrong when you did, to make you feel there needs to be a staff as well? Only asking because I exclusively play a MagSorc in PVP and have ended up with it numerous times (generally by accident), and the only issue I experienced was not remembering which button did what. Other than that, I felt fairly all powerful and did some very serious damage.

When you learn how and what to press, you will notice that you do not have enough stamina and stamina regeneration, because you have developed this resource, as for a magic class. And your ability damage will be low, even lower than some regular players, because you don't have that much spell power. Once I ran into a crowd of enemies with the ultimate with a hammer and didn't kill anyone, it just shows how low the damage is. And in addition, you will see a 60k magic reserve, but it does not give you anything at all, there is little justice in this.

To be fair, the hammer's primary purpose isn't to beat people to death. It has two main draws.

Cracking open buildings.

Ulti wiping the opposition.

This is why the best hammer runners are actually tanks who usually sit at 25k or less stamina.

Respectfully, probably what you aren't used to is sustaining a stamina rotation.

On my stam toons, I sit between 28 and 31k stamina. I would wager you clear that with the hammer bonus unless you aren't running sugar skulls (which you really should).

99% of my dozen + hammer runs were on a magplar. But I'm used to stamina characters so it was never hard to sustain for me.

In fact, the best hammer runners avoid running into a fight unless absolutely necessary because that's how you lose hammer. When you have no choice, you focus should on building ultimate as fast as possible via light and heavy attacks with skills in between, but again, you're not trying to cut down a zerg with your hammer skills. You're just getting that ultimate up which then can be dropped to kill.

Otherwise you really just want to focus on your main job of beating down walls and doors while being shielded by pocket healers.

For some reason you forgot about the regeneration of stamina. And there was no talk about the destruction of everyone around

Respectfully the Regen doesn't matter. What matters is knowing not to spam the attacks. But you could carry stam recovery food for when you have hammer. Though really it's not going to make a difference if you aren't properly using the skills, ya know?

I can understand that it sucks to have that much mag and not be able to use it.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • Merllow
    Merllow
    ✭✭✭

Just curious, exactly how many times have you had the hammer and exactly what went wrong when you did, to make you feel there needs to be a staff as well? Only asking because I exclusively play a MagSorc in PVP and have ended up with it numerous times (generally by accident), and the only issue I experienced was not remembering which button did what. Other than that, I felt fairly all powerful and did some very serious damage.

When you learn how and what to press, you will notice that you do not have enough stamina and stamina regeneration, because you have developed this resource, as for a magic class. And your ability damage will be low, even lower than some regular players, because you don't have that much spell power. Once I ran into a crowd of enemies with the ultimate with a hammer and didn't kill anyone, it just shows how low the damage is. And in addition, you will see a 60k magic reserve, but it does not give you anything at all, there is little justice in this.

To be fair, the hammer's primary purpose isn't to beat people to death. It has two main draws.

Cracking open buildings.

This is why the best hammer runners are actually tanks who usually sit at 25k or less stamina.

Respectfully, probably what you aren't used to is sustaining a stamina rotation.

On my stam toons, I sit between 28 and 31k stamina. I would wager you clear that with the hammer bonus unless you aren't running sugar skulls (which you really should).

99% of my dozen + hammer runs were on a magplar. But I'm used to stamina characters so it was never hard to sustain for me.

In fact, the best hammer runners avoid running into a fight unless absolutely necessary because that's how you lose hammer. When you have no choice, you focus should on building ultimate as fast as possible via light and heavy attacks with skills in between, but again, you're not trying to cut down a zerg with your hammer skills. You're just getting that ultimate up which then can be dropped to kill.

Otherwise you really just want to focus on your main job of beating down walls and doors while being shielded by pocket healers.

For some reason you forgot about the regeneration of stamina. And there was no talk about the destruction of everyone around

Respectfully the Regen doesn't matter. What matters is knowing not to spam the attacks. But you could carry stam recovery food for when you have hammer. Though really it's not going to make a difference if you aren't properly using the skills, ya know?

I can no longer read the messages in which the players in the stamina tell me that nothing is actually needed and they themselves use it. Many people play with a small resource reserve, but the restoration of stamina is always about 1500, there is also a power of arms. What you are talking about is not supported by anything, it is more like hanging noodles on the ears.
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Cracking open buildings.

I can no longer read the messages in which the players in the stamina tell me that nothing is actually needed and they themselves use it. Many people play with a small resource reserve, but the restoration of stamina is always about 1500, there is also a power of arms. What you are talking about is not supported by anything, it is more like hanging noodles on the ears.

I pay mag and stam characters regularly. Of the 20 or so times I've had hammer all but once has been on my magplar. Like I said though, I can understand the frustration.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sure, a staff that does player based negates every 30 seconds would be so awesome. Then again, I have the feeling we would be adding lag to a system already having difficulty outside midyear mayhem. I'd rather see less lag overall, if that's at the cost of super weapons, so be it.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Ostonoha
    Ostonoha
    ✭✭✭

This just goes to show you have never actually used the hammer. bc hammer abilities do not use any stamina. They are casted for free.

Cracking open buildings.

Why would you need stamina regen? The skills literally cost zero to cast on the hammer. If you are not doing damage with the hammer. Your build in general is not much of a damage build. Mag or stam. I have seen mag users with the hammer tear zergs apart. i can understand wanting a mag idea version of the weapon. But with the way the game is set up with all the hybrid gear and stats. This is really a user issue not a gameplay issue.
  • SimonThesis
    SimonThesis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So glad Zos doesnt listen to us when people suggest things like this! They need to fix the lag and the constant crashes first. Everyone sighs when that things spawns.
  • AJones43865
    AJones43865
    ✭✭✭✭
    So glad Zos doesnt listen to us when people suggest things like this! They need to fix the lag and the constant crashes first. Everyone sighs when that things spawns.

1000x agree. Only thing ZOS should be thinking about is servers to support their game and other performance fixes.