The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

October Daily Rewards

Edaphon
Edaphon
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
TAfM5kJ.png

The day 21 reward is a pet:
Bj2VCND.png

Edited by Edaphon on October 1, 2021 12:07AM
  • Alarde
    Alarde
    ✭✭✭
    At least now they align trash in a fancy way.
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    2, 4, 6, 8
    what do we appreciate
    crown food
    crown food
    yaaaaaaaaay
    crown food
    go, team, fight!
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • jlmurra2
    jlmurra2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spectral Mudcrab is awesome!
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I still miss free crates, but the mudcrab is so cute
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • stefj68
    stefj68
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    totally disappointed :( not enough ap, each month we have only 1 good rewards... this month is a pet!
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A pet ghost mud crab. :|
  • Paulytnz
    Paulytnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the many crabs I have killed farming their Chitins, poor guy......come back to haunt me!
    Edited by Paulytnz on October 1, 2021 5:29AM
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've not been crazy about previous "ghosts" but this one...

I want him
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    2, 4, 6, 8
    what do we appreciate
    crown food
    crown food
    yaaaaaaaaay
    crown food
    go, team, fight!

Hey crown food was nice when I decided to level four characters at the same time. I used like 12 out of my full stack until all of them are 50...
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Phantom chilli mud crabs 🦀 . This one approves.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't agree that crown repair kits are worthy of a week end, corner starred, special reward. The other rewards are fairly standard and fine overall. I'll use the consumables and cooldown reducers at some point. The unique pet reward is fine as well as we typically see only one unique collectible or large reward monthly.

I've been liking the mimic stones and wouldn't mind seeing a few more of those. They can be worth upwards of 8k a piece under the right circumstances. Repair kits are maybe 200g each for in game versions. The 2k and 5k gold rewards are more worthy of a week end reward to be honest. They may be a bit more special for those that want that one button repair without repairing individually, but as a PC player, I have addons to do that for me.
    Edited by redspecter23 on October 1, 2021 8:16AM
  • Coatmagic
    Coatmagic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks okay. This one is actually (finally!) running low on the tri-pots so those will be welcome.

More AP would have been nice, as my lastest lil won't be levelling her skill line in BGs as usual since they've been ZoS'd.

Appropriate mudcrab ghost yay!
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ghost crab is cute, I like the noise that they make.
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last month we were saying well at least it cant less useful than this. And it did. I guess in November we will just get crown soul stones.

Good thing is I dont have FOMO moment this month with login rewards :D
    ""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
    PC|EU
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    stefj68 wrote: »
    totally disappointed :( not enough ap, each month we have only 1 good rewards... this month is a pet!

complaining about free stuff...

what has the world come to?
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crown food, tri-pots and mimic stones are useful and a ghostly pet is appropriate for October and I much prefer mudcrabs to bears!
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We should figure out a way to rate which daily login rewards are the most appreciated. Maybe one of those poll changes where you vote one off every round?
    My personal ranking would look something like this:
    1. Cosmetics/DLCs/actual Crown Crates (duh)
    2. preview Crates
    3. crown poisons (they are equivalent to BiS poisons)
    4. crown tristat/spellpower/weaponpower potions (always useful, saves some alchemy mats)
    5. Repair kits
    6. Telvar
    7. Crown Mimic stones (for those exclusive styles like Stalhrim Frostcaster)
    8. Gold (bad for the economy, but still neat)
    9. XP scrolls (I am swimming in those by now and they make Ambrosia irrelevant)
    10. AP (too little and too niche to matter)
    11. Soul Gems (identical to Grand Soul Gems in every way, but they don't stack and you don't even need so many Soul Gems)
    12. Crown Food (much much lower burn-through rate than potions/poisons and also not nearly as useful)
    13. Research Scrolls (entirely useless unless they add more than 9 traits to old crafts one day, which I don't think I'd like)
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coatmagic wrote: »
    Looks okay. This one is actually (finally!) running low on the tri-pots so those will be welcome.

I really should start using them. :/
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't agree that crown repair kits are worthy of a week end, corner starred, special reward.

Does anyone actually use repair kits? I always just repair at a merchant. I think the only time I've ever used one is when I've died multiple times and I can't visit a merchant for whatever reason (in a dungeon trying to solo a boss or something). So for me anyway, they're definitely not worthy.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    We should figure out a way to rate which daily login rewards are the most appreciated. Maybe one of those poll changes where you vote one off every round?
    2. preview Crates
    4. crown tristat/spellpower/weaponpower potions (always useful, saves some alchemy mats)
    5. Repair kits
    6. Telvar
    11. Soul Gems (identical to Grand Soul Gems in every way, but they don't stack and you don't even need so many Soul Gems)
    12. Crown Food (much much lower burn-through rate than potions/poisons and also not nearly as useful)
    13. Research Scrolls (entirely useless unless they add more than 9 traits to old crafts one day, which I don't think I'd like)

Really? The poisons are that good? I will have to use them more. I rarely use poisons outside of stam PvP and then I use a poison that also slows movement, or at least that’s the stated effect. The Crown Food seems to me both good all-purpose and good for tanking. The mimic stones are also useful for crafters, for completing master writs that might otherwise need a rare or expensive style mat. Souls gems are basically worthless unless you’re new to the game. I always set in settings to use the Crown store soul gems first so as to recover the inventory slot. Agree about research scrolls, alas, although I did appreciate them on my way to grandmaster crafter.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AzuraFan wrote: »
    I don't agree that crown repair kits are worthy of a week end, corner starred, special reward.

Does anyone actually use repair kits? I always just repair at a merchant. I think the only time I've ever used one is when I've died multiple times and I can't visit a merchant for whatever reason (in a dungeon trying to solo a boss or something). So for me anyway, they're definitely not worthy.

I used to always just repair at merchants, too. But once I learned how to use the repair kits and actually started using them, I have found them to be well worth their weight in gold-- and then some!
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    2. preview Crates
    5. Repair kits
    6. Telvar

I would rank the food much higher, I use that pretty much exclusively. Not as beneficial as sugar skulls, but free food is the best tasting food. So I wasn't completely joking with the crown food cheer above. I don't use poisons or potions all that much. I hardly use any of the scrolls; maybe an XP scroll now and again. I don't use repair kits at all. I'm swimming in soul gems, I'd rank those dead last.
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AzuraFan wrote: »

I did that too and then I realized I was spending so much money on repairs when I could do it myself. I wait till my armour gets pretty low (60% or less) though.

• whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am happy with anything that could have been in the crown store or crates: pet, cosmetics, costume, etc.

I don't care about consumables at all. I have like eight stacks of those restoration potions, and poisons which I never use unless the daily endeavour is to poison enemies with them.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2. preview Crates
    5. Repair kits
    6. Telvar

Really? The poisons are that good? I will have to use them more. I rarely use poisons outside of stam PvP and then I use a poison that also slows movement, or at least that’s the stated effect. The Crown Food seems to me both good all-purpose and good for tanking. The mimic stones are also useful for crafters, for completing master writs that might otherwise need a rare or expensive style mat. Souls gems are basically worthless unless you’re new to the game. I always set in settings to use the Crown store soul gems first so as to recover the inventory slot. Agree about research scrolls, alas, although I did appreciate them on my way to grandmaster crafter.

Yeah, the poisons are BiS in PvE for stam dps.
    The crown food is, as you said, good for all-purpose and tanking, but once you have 200, that will last you 400 hours and in my experience you are getting crown food faster than you can use it up. Perhaps I put it a bit too low on the list, but it's not like regular tri-stat food is even all that expensive so you really don't need it.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A crown crate would be nice. Just one a month. Don't care if its just another spectral mudcrab inside. Its the crate that counts
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    2. preview Crates
    5. Repair kits
    6. Telvar

Yeah, the poisons are BiS in PvE for stam dps.
    The crown food is, as you said, good for all-purpose and tanking, but once you have 200, that will last you 400 hours and in my experience you are getting crown food faster than you can use it up. Perhaps I put it a bit too low on the list, but it's not like regular tri-stat food is even all that expensive so you really don't need it.

I try to spread the food around my various alts. None has a full stack of the food yet, much less more than one stack. I have a couple alts with more than one stack of poisons and potions though. I just don't like how poisons suppress my enchantment (unless that's changed). I went to the bother of putting an enchantment on my stupid weapon, I'd like for it to be useful. As for potions, I just get caught up in a fight and forget to use 'em.