The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Toxicity in pve

Ringing_Nirnroot
Ringing_Nirnroot
✭✭✭✭✭
[xbox NA]

Just wondering what’s up with all the toxicity? I usually ignore these things but sometimes it gets to me. Today a guy was looking for people to help him with a vdsa and I figured why not? Halfway in the arena he died and started calling everyone all types of slurs/insults and how bad we were. (this was on The Circle of Rituals and he did not assign the dps to their alters) I just told him how toxic he was and left. Are there any guilds that aren’t toxic? I’m currently looking for a guild that isn’t filled with elitists. One of the issues I’m encountering is that I don’t use mic because of my bad anxiety. If the guy sees this (I won’t put his name here because it’s against the rules), please. Get some help. I’m done ranting now 🙂
Edited by ZOS_Volpe on September 28, 2021 6:25PM
  • Grandchamp1989
    Grandchamp1989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have been in maybe 6-7 different guilds, many of them start off great and then they either get frustrated when they hit their skill ceiling plateu, or its the same core of players playing together, and the rest of the guild is just tempoary replacements for said core.

That is usually around the time I leave to find somewhere else.

In my quest to clear content I also noticed the tell tale sign of a bad player is one who dies, and blame the team.
    Even if it is the fault of the team you should be able to form a constructive conversation about it. If you can't do that you should probably leave the situation instead of getting frustrated...

When it comes to forming groups I have had much more succes with Pugging even though they're hit or miss.

I enjoy Pugs because if the team isn't up to the task I can leave the situation before I get frustrated.
    If I form a group from guildmates I feel obligated to stay around, even when things don't go well...

Also with PUGs if I'm gifted with a good group I tend to ask if I can add them, if I feel like they got the same mentality to clearing content as me. That has been rather rewarding for me in many situations.

In my experience this approach has worked much better than guilds runs.

• Its_MySniff
    Its_MySniff
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know, toxicity seems to be soooooooooo overused these days. Sure you aren't just looking for negatives? Good grief that word is played out.
  • Ringing_Nirnroot
    Ringing_Nirnroot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know, toxicity seems to be soooooooooo overused these days. Sure you aren't just looking for negatives? Good grief that word is played out.

Being called a R word and shouting all sorts of insults and offering zero advice sounds pretty toxic to me 🤷‍♀️
    Edited by Ringing_Nirnroot on September 28, 2021 6:06PM
  • notachik
    notachik
    ✭✭✭
    What’s an “R” word?
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Toxic people are just the vocal minority. It seems like there's a lot of them since they are louder than the rest. The majority are just people that quietly queue for content and say nothing for a dungeon run or BG.
  • Ringing_Nirnroot
    Ringing_Nirnroot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    notachik wrote: »
    What’s an “R” word?
    The forums censor the word, it’s pretty much being called a dumb person

• notachik
    notachik
    ✭✭✭
    notachik wrote: »
    What’s an “R” word?
    The forums censor the word, it’s pretty much being called a dumb person

Got it..that was the only word I could think of..ty for confirming
  • Ringing_Nirnroot
    Ringing_Nirnroot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toxic people are just the vocal minority. It seems like there's a lot of them since they are louder than the rest. The majority

Agreed.
    Edited by Ringing_Nirnroot on September 28, 2021 6:16PM
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I know this is an MMO and players who are in a group are expected to have different roles, but being primarily a solo player myself I have this crazy notion that each member of the group should be ready to self-heal and/or self-buff if needed, instead of always expecting the rest of the group to look after them and pamper them.

From what I've read in the forums, it sounds like some DDs act like the divas of the MMO universe, expecting the tanks and healers (and "lesser DDs") to grovel and pamper them. Then when they die, they get all toxic toward the rest of the group. To me, that sort of reaction is basically a big flashing neon sign that the player isn't nearly as good as they think.

But like I said, I'm primarily a solo player, so what do I know about it? /shrug
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find that toxicity usually occurs when players of differently minded playstyles mix together. One or the other isn't necessarily wrong, they just don't mix well so when conflicts arise, one or more sides perceive the other sides as toxic. The best situation is to try to find like minded players to run content with. As to your question about if any non toxic guilds exist, of course they do. The issue is that "toxic" can be a relative term. Toxic to you might be perfectly acceptable to the players that are in that guild and enjoying it. Try out guilds until you find one that works for you. If you are finding a particular guild unenjoyable, leave and try again.
  • PandaSticks
    PandaSticks
    ✭✭
    I'm on xbox and will run with you. :) and yeah, just try different guilds. Usually, if they expect me to be on mic or be uber sociable....I'm out lol. And yes, I've met my fair share of toxic ppl. But most are pretty helpful. Not sure why some ppl behave the way they do....it's like they never grew up or refuse to. Msg me and I'll send you my gt :)
  • C3NTUR1ON
    C3NTUR1ON
    ✭✭✭
    Simple answer. Lots of people in an MMO find comfort and confidence hiding behind a character and game achievements. It makes them feel empowered but in reality they are far less in real life. No different than the whole social media bully issue. Ignore the clowns and find people worth playing with.