The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

remove some stats

• Styxius
    Styxius
    ✭✭✭✭
    I fear how far homogenization will continue. I want more stats and complexity with unique ideas to expand our creativity as players.
    Hybridization of things can be good!
    Homogenization is extremely bad.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syrpynt wrote: »
    "Crit is king, crit is king!" Bleh. Time for a new era of diversity in builds.

DPS is King. Crit is more like the Hand of the King. :smile:
    Styxius wrote: »
    I fear how far homogenization will continue. I want more stats and complexity with unique ideas to expand our creativity as players.

Agreed. Hybrids bring options and expand what we can do. Homogenization does not add options or expand what we can do, but it does expand the words we use to describe those things, making it seen like we have more options than we actually do.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Syrpynt
    Syrpynt
    ✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    "Crit is king, crit is king!" Bleh. Time for a new era of diversity in builds.

DPS is King. Crit is more like the Hand of the King. :smile:

So then you all wouldn't be opposed to splitting Critical damage and Critical Healing done? By that I mean, critical chance for damage, and critical chance for healing are now 2 different stats.***

Because I'm for homogenization of POWER. But I am for splitting power, healing, and buffing/debuffing/defense.

If DD is King, then the king won't mind leaving the cleric to the healing, right?

End-game content, players need to build for role-only and the buffs/debuffs/heals would be most effectively applied to the group from a tank or healer with proper builds.

"But what about my little cousin who can't solo WB's??" Solo content, players would need to build between DD and buffing, or DD and healing. With hybridization, we have that opportunity again.
    Edited by Syrpynt on October 18, 2021 5:32PM
  • KhajiitLivesMatter
    KhajiitLivesMatter
    ✭✭✭✭

yea i agree with u
    but to stop homogeniziation it is to late the changes already have been done - now u can only make it more user friendly / Qol
    i mean litterly if i have on most my character the exact value of a stat like pen than why have 2 stats for it
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So then you all wouldn't be opposed to splitting Critical damage and Critical Healing done? By that I mean, critical chance for damage, and critical chance for healing are now 2 different stats.

I have to wonder how many people reading the first paragraph would stop right there with, "wait, we can critical heal?" :smile:

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus