The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

"Ancient Daedric motif... can be excavated as Antiquities" PLEASE STOP WITH THIS!

• Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    whitecrow wrote: »
    Daedra don't have ancestors.

But female daedra have milk glands. Surely there must be baby daedra then?
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
    Options
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    Daedra don't have ancestors.

But female daedra have milk glands. Surely there must be baby daedra then?

So do female Argonians but Argonians come from Eggs.
    Options
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The drop rates on all motifs are so low I've stopped doing this part of the game, like I stopped PvP because of the lag.
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
    Options
  • Grandchamp1989
    Grandchamp1989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't even bother collecting them. I mean, if I get one, nice, but I don't actively seek them. There are so many motifs in the game at this point it's overwhelming to be honest.

Agreed
    I would much rather they go back to their old (IMO) outdated 5 year old low rez motifs and update the resolution.
    Edited by Grandchamp1989 on November 15, 2021 12:10AM
    Options
  • GrahamJoyce
    GrahamJoyce
    ✭✭✭
    Since the update dropped I have yet to see a single Deadlands treasure map in my loot. There are some for sale but of course they are all overpriced since it's a new motif.
    Having the motif only accessable by digging for antiquities is fine but PLEASE stop tying it to getting the leads from treasure maps.
    We can only get Deadlands treasure maps from loot RNG. And even when we get the chest it isn't guaranteed to get a lead. That makes them rare and of course in high demand. I only just finished the ancestral reach motifs last week for the same reason.
    The current system makes the motifs only accessible by either endlessly grinding yourself or by paying large amounts of gold for someone else to do the grind for you.
    It's annoying and really makes me just not want to even try to get the set.

It's a bad system and I really REALLY hope that it doesn't continue in future patches.
    Edited by GrahamJoyce on November 15, 2021 3:52AM
    Options
  • Hymzir
    Hymzir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember when Buoyant Armiger was considered ludicrously rare drop? Remember when Glass was considered unbearable grind? Ah, how naive we were back then... Happier times indeed.

Asking ZOS to decrease grind is pointless. They will only ramp up the grind even more with future motifs.

As for me, I tapped out long ago. I got way more cosmetic styles and options as is, and all motifs ever up to, is to be used in crafting master writs. Couple of times a year, especially after the anniversary event when lot of copies are floating around, I go through the guild stores and spend like 2m gold to buy whatever pages I'm missing that are offered for semi-sensible prices. If I don't find some pages, then so be it. Not like it makes a licking difference in the end. There is such a stupid amount of them already, and each year over a dozen more are added to the game. I don't even know all the ones existing now, or even tell them apart to be honest.

Other than that, I pretty much ignore the whole motif grind at this point. It's clearly made as obnoxious as possible by design, no doubt to promote crown store versions, and I refuse to waste my leisure time on such nonsense.
    Options
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've drawn the line at this one too.

'Historically' ancestral motifs have not dropped in the Jubilee event so maybe if there is some kind of 'Deadlands' celebration next Autumn/Winter (or further in the future) like the Blackwood one we just had that drops zone treasure maps (I had drawn the line at Ancestral Akaviri but the event enabled me to complete it) I will look into completing this one too.

Otherwise I will just sell the MWs that require it and that's it. In the very unlikely chance that I get a relevant treasure map I will just vendor it; with all said an done I was averaging 1:7 with the Blackwood maps, with those odds is just pointless to dig them out.

Options
  • Nezyr_Jezz
    Nezyr_Jezz
    ✭✭✭
    Since the update dropped I have yet to see a single Deadlands treasure map in my loot. There are some for sale but of course they are all overpriced since it's a new motif.
    Having the motif only accessable by digging for antiquities is fine but PLEASE stop tying it to getting the leads from treasure maps.
    We can only get Deadlands treasure maps from loot RNG. And even when we get the chest it isn't guaranteed to get a lead. That makes them rare and of course in high demand. I only just finished the ancestral reach motifs last week for the same reason.
    The current system makes the motifs only accessible by either endlessly grinding yourself or by paying large amounts of gold for someone else to do the grind for you.
    It's annoying and really makes me just not want to even try to get the set.

It's a bad system and I really REALLY hope that it doesn't continue in future patches.

Ancestral will be available in 1 year on Crown Store for a "mere" 5k crowns :).

This motif should be a direct fix to ugly Daedra set that was outdated by the time it was released.
    Options
  • Parasaurolophus
    Parasaurolophus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't done daily quests in Deadlands yet. I'm waiting for the release of all the motives of this dlc. But I heard that treasure maps can be obtained from rewards for daily quests. This is true?
    PC/EU
    Options
  • Nezyr_Jezz
    Nezyr_Jezz
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't done daily quests in Deadlands yet. I'm waiting for the release of all the motives of this dlc. But I heard that treasure maps can be obtained from rewards for daily quests. This is true?

Did 120+ quests and so far i haven't seen a single map :). Good luck tho (probably 0.0000001% lol)
    Options
  • Sythen88411
    Sythen88411
    ✭✭✭✭
    Keep as it is cause it's good money maker.
    Options
  • Curryganz
    Curryganz
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not against it, the game needs something super rare, some ultimate money sinker. The system in question achieves just that (haven't found a single map either, and neither did with Reach or Akaviri). If you have 350k to spend on a map you buy a lottery ticket. If you're lucky, that's two to ten millions in your pocket
    Options
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Curryganz wrote: »
    I'm not against it, the game needs something super rare, some ultimate money sinker. The system in question achieves just that (haven't found a single map either, and neither did with Reach or Akaviri). If you have 350k to spend on a map you buy a lottery ticket. If you're lucky, that's two to ten millions in your pocket

Yeah, nothing wrong with it being a rare drop. And I even farmed for the Akaviri ones during the Blackwood event. So far I have gotten every single lead in the game for every antiquity outside of the Deadlands stuff (hasn't dropped on console yet). Did it cost some gold to get treasure maps? Yes. But, the maps were dropping like crazy during the event. I maybe spent 2 or 3 million on maps and made around 5 million gold selling the duplicate Akaviri pages.

And for the Reach, I just spent a year buying any maps that were priced under 20K. Farmed the maps, sold the duplicates.

And I'll do the same with Deadlands. No big deal. Whether it is a month or a year, I'll get the leads and the motifs. I don't need them to drop on day 1.
    Options
  • Awnia
    Awnia
    ✭✭✭

But it's not a gold sink. It just redistributes gold. (Unless someone suggested to add the ability to buy it from npcs above and I just missed it.)
    Options
  • Curryganz
    Curryganz
    ✭✭✭
    Awnia wrote: »

But it's not a gold sink. It just redistributes gold. (Unless someone suggested to add the ability to buy it from npcs above and I just missed it.)

that's correct. It ultimately makes money get around, especially if you're bent on getting said motifs (still dont know where those maps drop anyway)
    Options
  • Alamakot
    Alamakot
    ✭✭✭
    Aren't Daedra immortal and timeless, why would anything of theirs be "Ancient"

They are, but Molag Bal thought: "huh, well, my lovely Daedras are out of fashion, so I should redress them properly". So "ancient daedra style" is showing, how they're dressing at the beginning, prior to invasion :D:D:D
    Options
  • Ragged_Claw
    Ragged_Claw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not found a single map yet, ironically I was given a map as part of the main quest reward - for Western Skyrim. wtf?
    PC EU & NA
    Options
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not found a single map yet, ironically I was given a map as part of the main quest reward - for Western Skyrim. wtf?

I found that a little bit weird too.

I have a feeling it was supposed to be something else :D
    Options