The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Update 32 concerns/issues. Stamina DPS doesn't look bright. Crit damage cap is too low. Poor Khajiit

Styxius
Styxius
✭✭✭✭
Thanks for reducing the damage Bahsei dealt as it was a massive challenge learning to do this without mist on HM. Which we have now done successfully as a community. I'm saddened by the crit cap, I was hoping you'd be putting it at 175%-200% as that would leave room for a lot of creativity. However, with these changes, this has been a major nerf to stamina DPS and Khajiit in nature. I'm really disappointed as it was very creative and fun. This cap and then proceeding to nerf Velidreths damage while Zaan remains unchecked is absurd. The fact Maarselok can only get like 1.5k DPS on the trial dummy and doing calculations could only get to like 3k in trials means it's not even competitive still. The crit cap makes all of these introductions of Brittle, EC, etc less effective and enjoyable to bring along and master to improve our teams. I suppose another concern I have is in the mismanagement of Mist form. Instead of resolving Mist's bugs, it was just disabled for PvE. This was not the way to handle this, unfortunately. I guess it was just a tad heartbreaking in that manner to have been stamina, lose our crit chance in place of CRIT DAMAGE. And now we're dropping so much to even be able to use it. I love my Khajiit stamcro as Cro and NB feel made for crit especially to just be upended like this. I guess it's just disappointing. I'll be on PTS later to test. Maybe there's something I'm missing that can be really good from this. We'll find out. I appreciate the new support mythic I think that's awesome. I just hope that the things we lost massively will be worth it. Please also buff stamina monster sets they're so inferior to some mag ones especially Zaan, and Maarselok doesn't compare in raid either due to its clunky proc condition. Buff Kra'gh back to its original tick rate as well please it has felt like a 50% nerf that was ignored it seems.

The charged trait change is interesting though.
Edited by Styxius on September 20, 2021 6:04PM
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Won't this make Khajiit and stamina in medium armor more flexible? You can hit crit damage cap easier than other races and/or light armor builds, and then concentrate on other areas of damage. Kind of like how the penetration from light armor gave magicka builds more flexibility than stamina builds in medium armor. No one really complains that the penetration from light armor is bad due to there being a penetration cap.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    7 Med 14% + 10% minor + 20% major + 12% Khajiit puts you at 106%. Leaving 19% for 1 CP Crit Damage star or Shadow Mundus.. not much room for Axes, but they weren't popular anyway. The Kilt or 2 crit chance monster set pieces may see less popularity aswell seeing as proc sets can now crit.

Classes like NB/Templar/Warden may want no Crit Damage CP slottable and/or less Medium pieces if Khajiit. Maybe magicka comps will favour an ice Warden over trying to keep high uptimes of Major Force.

To me, it just shows it's easier to hit for Medium Khajiit allowing for room for other traits people don't have room to focus on, just like how Light Armor doesn't need to think about Pen the way Medium does.

125% is a fair middle ground to me. 175-200% is way too high and would keep the current status quo, at that point why have a cap at all? The Crit Damage cap is an intentional nerf to group compositions optimizing for maximum crit damage while still allowing for a lot of flexibility in solo or small group settings.

I'm excited to see where this goes for pve personally.

Zaan can't crit, Velidreth can. The higher nerf is probably because of a recent change they made where the spores can now go through targets instead of expiring on first contact.

I don't find Maarselok hard to proc, it does not need a fully charged heavy attack, you just need to hold it down for a split second to proc. I do find the scaling to be underwhelming at 2% per negative effect and it doesn't appear it's on the crit list because of that scaling function just like Zaan. Unfortunate.

Keep in mind, unless you have a class specific damage modifier like Sorc's Physical/Shock, DK's Flame/Poison or Warden's Ice/Magic, most monster sets are hybrid now and come in all weights anyway. There isn't as much of a divide between monster sets being magicka or stamina focussed. Kinda sucks that so many of the sets still have singular Stamina or Magicka bonuses though as a drawback.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on September 20, 2021 6:35PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • PrinceShroob
    PrinceShroob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mist Form change is baffling because apparently it wasn't the intended solution to Bahsei. Mist Form really was too strong for tanking, but simply disabling it is a silly decision. It makes one wonder that the developers think damage is too high, yet keep offering ways to increase it (like with the Wading Kilt) and making bosses that squish tanks quickly, encouraging the group to maximize damage to kill the boss before that happens.

They really need to change several sources of Critical Damage to Critical Chance or some other damage buff. The new cap is far too low, and you nearly hit it without doing anything other than the most basic buffs (Major and Minor Force, Backstabber, and Fighting Finesse). It makes me sad as someone who tries to inject some element of roleplay into endgame builds; my Argonian Shadowscale does well but now he has to switch his Mundus to avoid going over the cap. It was heartbreaking seeing the damage disparity between my favorite race and "meta" DPS races, and even more heartbreaking knowing that the Critical Damage cap is basically a nerf to Khajiit, since I'm a cat lover.

It's a bit silly, but my cat is getting up in years and I dread the day when she'll be gone. She got me through a lot of dark times during school. I figured that, if I could get more damage as Khajiit, I could immortalize her in-game... but since Khajiit are getting indirectly nerfed, I suppose I won't. I don't mean to imply I'd abandon my sentimentality over a concern over not being "meta," but such a character would already hurt to make, since they'd end up being flat-out better than my highest DPS who's gotten me through a lot of endgame content.
  • Faint_One
    Faint_One
    ✭✭✭
    135%or140%will be fine,or support set like EC is A joke
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Faint_One wrote: »
    135%or140%will be fine,or support set like EC is A joke

Probably more like rip Medusa as you could drop Minor force from your builds entirely with EC