The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Update 32 - Bug Reports for The Deadlands

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
Please report any issues you run into while testing the new zone, The Deadlands, and associated content in this thread. In general, we prefer you to use /bug in-game but if you’d rather submit a report here, please give us as much information as possible, including screenshots and/or video if applicable. Thank you!
Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on September 21, 2021 2:45PM
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The Unmaker world boss was completely invisible during the fight so we had no idea what we were fighting and there was nothing to be done when he paralyzed us. There were pairs of Havrocel that spawned a few times during the fight and they were visible and could be attacked. The main boss, not so much.
    Edited by LonePirate on September 21, 2021 9:21PM
  • Zlgiordano_ESO
    Zlgiordano_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Does anyone else have unusually long loading time trying to enter the deadlands its self and im talking about the Deadlands not Fargrave if go the Fargrave its fast but if i go to the Deadlands part of it its like 1 to 2 mins of me sitting there in the loading screen
  • Maitsukas
    Maitsukas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    The Ummaker world boss was completely invisible during the fight so we had no idea what we were fighting and there was nothing to be done when he paralyzed us. There were pairs of Havrocel that spawned a few times during the fight and they were visible and could be attacked. The main boss, not so much.

Although the boss was invisible, I managed to damage it with AoEs and Companions.
    Does anyone else have unusually long loading time trying to enter the deadlands its self and im talking about the Deadlands not Fargrave if go the Fargrave its fast but if i go to the Deadlands part of it its like 1 to 2 mins of me sitting there in the loading screen

Yeah, loading into the Deadlands Zone takes a rather long time, about 1-2 minutes.
    PC-EU @maitsukas

Posting the weekly Infinite Archive vendor updates.

Also trying out new Main Quests, Companions, ToT decks, Events and Styles on PTS.
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can confirm loading screen times are very long.

Also a number of npcs are invisible, can also confirm, some are quest givers/takers and cant progress. think already been mentioned on other posts but NPC called Nass to hand quest in...is not there.
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • ElegostElkai
    ElegostElkai
    Soul Shriven
    Mainquest is bugged. Can't proceed with the Dialog with Rynkyus.
  • comicfan22
    comicfan22
    ✭✭
    Hi, I cannot enter Agony's Ascent, it logs me right out of the game.
  • cabwav
    cabwav
    Soul Shriven
    Can confirm this and also long loading screens
    regards, cabwav
    PC-EU
    I'm not a native English speaker so please bear with me...

"The repair will cost you €100. That's €1 for the hit with the hammer and €99 for knowing WHERE to hit"
  • slip9419
    slip9419
    ✭✭
    +Rynkyus bug
    also Arkos, or whatever the daedrat name is, i'm terrible at that, doesn't appear for me, all i see are the glow from his eyes, or smth like that
  • mbeetley_ESO
    mbeetley_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I've also had some extremely long load times in the Deadlands, even when moving between wayshrines in the zone. Also had one time trying to enter the zone when I ended up crashing the client because it got to be 3 minutes or more.

A few of the missing NPCs and quest blocks others have mentioned are addressed in the "Known Issues" section of the Patch Notes:

Deadlands
    • The new Inferinium monsters are currently missing their models and are invisible.
    • Arox the Mutilator, an NPC found throughout the main quest, is currently invisible.
    • Talking to Rynkus does not currently advance the quest "Durance Vile" correctly.
    • The door to enter Elgian's Cell during the quest "Durance Vile" is not currently working.
    • The package needed to advance the quest "Web of Lies" is currently missing.
    • The NPC Nass is not currently appearing during the quest "Rohir's Final Delivery". Guess his delivery will just need to wait for now.
  • PrinceNaemon
    PrinceNaemon
    Soul Shriven
    Progression is blocked for me and at least one person I've talked to with trying to enter the Bathhouse Undercroft in the main questline for the DLC (The Celestial Palanquin).
    It sends me to the Bathhouse loading screen initially but in a couple seconds then sends me to the main loading screen on the basis of lost connection everytime an attempt is made.
    aldmeri grandeur
  • breathingstars
    Game crashes for me in Fargrave when doing the quest - Celestial Palanquin: Explore the Bathhouse Undercroft in The Shambles. Trying to enter the bathhouse gets me the Unable to connect to game server error.
  • BoloBoffin
    BoloBoffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Progression is blocked for me and at least one person I've talked to with trying to enter the Bathhouse Undercroft in the main questline for the DLC (The Celestial Palanquin).
    It sends me to the Bathhouse loading screen initially but in a couple seconds then sends me to the main loading screen on the basis of lost connection everytime an attempt is made.

This is where it stops for me too.
    I ride in a zerg ball of one.
  • TiaFrye
    TiaFrye
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Same, after a few screens it just has no PC response, only "Goodbye".
  • herrazora
    herrazora
    Soul Shriven
    What I've found so far:
    "Robhir's Final delivery": Nass isn't showing up in The House Of Whims. I can't continue/complete the quest

"Web of Lies": Went to Severius to ask for information about the Ebony Blade, DIDN'T do the [intimidate] option, got asked to retrieve a package instead. I go to the place marked on my map and I can't interact with anything or anyone in within the circle/area. I went to the top of the staircase to the southwest and could see the package but when I got close to it it disappeared along with the quest marker above it.
    I had to abandon the quest, re-accept it and use [intimidate] to continue and complete it.

Main quest: I can't enter the Bathhouse Undercroft, it just kicks me off the server.
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    BoloBoffin wrote: »

This is where it stops for me too.

Same, I tried it a couple times and to no avail, seems we cannot get past this point until this is fixed.
  • Lucillehe
    Lucillehe
    So far found 3 quests that were bugged:
    > 2 are linked coz Nass doesn't spawn: Robhir's final delivery and Courier's folly.
    > I can't proceed in the main quest, Celestial palanquin, as I get kicked out of the servers going into the Bathhouse undercroft
  • Lucillehe
    Lucillehe
    Ah, no, there's another one, Severius' disappearing package (tho at least this one I could just restart the quest and choose the "intimidate" option)
  • PrinceNaemon
    PrinceNaemon
    Soul Shriven
    The Bathhouse Undercroft glitch was amended and I dodged the issues speaking with Rynkyus, however as said by others the door to enter Elegian's cell in the Durance Vile is not working. The marker is there, but there's no way to actually enter it.
    aldmeri grandeur
  • kovca
    kovca
    ✭✭

Still this problem after maintenance :neutral:
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Still cant speak with some NPC's to hand in quests or continue with main story.
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • Lucillehe
    Lucillehe
    Okay so indeed the bathhouse problem was amended and now it's my turn to be stuck at rynkyus.
    xz9ffnry0ez6.png
    No further dialog option. Do you think cancelling and restarting this quest line would help?
    (yea, it's doesn't help. and as 25/09 this still isn't fixed)
    Edited by Lucillehe on September 25, 2021 12:04PM
  • kovca
    kovca
    ✭✭
    Lucillehe wrote: »
    Okay so indeed the bathhouse problem was amended and now it's my turn to be stuck at rynkyus.
    xz9ffnry0ez6.png
    No further dialog option. Do you think cancelling and restarting this quest line would help?

It does not help, i have already try that
  • rstas
    rstas
    ✭✭
    Bash bug. When You use 7 piece of heavy armour You should have 3% extra bash dmg for every piece so 21% totall extra bash dmg. But it doesn't matter atm if You wear 7 heavy or medium, dmg of bash is the same
    Clodth, Stamina Dragon Knight, Werewolf
  • slip9419
    slip9419
    ✭✭
    kovca wrote: »
    It does not help, i have already try that

is there any way around, or main quest is simply not completable at this point?
  • fiender66
    fiender66
    ✭✭✭✭
    Often (say, about twice in a hour), when I'm waiting in a transfer screen (like that to Fargrave) the program closes, sending me to the login screen (that of the OS account, NOT that of the client).
    If I relog I can still hear the music from where I was in game, even if the app is not running. Only way to stop this is to restart the compy.

iMac with Intel i7 and Big Sur. Steam.
  • postukana_struna
    slip9419 wrote: »
    +Rynkyus bug
    also Arkos, or whatever the daedrat name is, i'm terrible at that, doesn't appear for me, all i see are the glow from his eyes, or smth like that

Same for me, and I noticed that in a few instances in main quest line the NPC are not marked for speaking I just needed to guess whit who to speak
  • Sidereum
    Sidereum
    ✭✭✭
    Hello Zenimax and @ZOS_GinaBruno!
    Because there isn't a specific thread related to Motifs and Styles, I decided to post this here as it seemed the most coherent place to talk about the House Hexos style.
    First of all, thank you for all the amazing content that has been shipped to ESO over the past few years, and especially the Deadlands which are amazing.
    This very new House Hexos style is exquisitely gorgeous, but there are a few visual inaccuracies that I would like to point out so that they may be polished. It mostly has to do with the way equipped weapons fit with the body pieces. I will take the opportunity to point out that the Medium shoulders piece is not properly attached to the character's body / the rest of the armor, though the aren't specific screenshots for this.

As seen in the following screenshots:

When wearing any armor piece (light, medium or heavy), weapons that are sheathed on the back of the character will appear to be much further for it.
    • Light Armor:
    lsavy6zakbal.png

usfcipcbhts2.png

cd0sdcxg8cg0.png

(I've only included staves for the light armor pieces, as with medium and heavy it looks fine)
    a94hx7tf3cuq.png
    • Medium Armor:
    3k3557njb2b0.png

wv94kx39q199.png

eezs1o32d34h.png
    • Heavy Armor:
    ruq9310r4pa6.png

bamlavryc6gc.png

qyclqj5e0js2.png

When equipping sheathed Dual Wield weapons, the off-hand weapon will appear further from the character's hip than the main hand weapon, particularly with the Light and Medium pieces.
    • Light Armor:
    he9rno4t3pa0.png
    • Medium Armor:
    1n9craajje9h.png

The Heavy helmet's crest cannot be dyed.
    I am not sure whether this was intended or not - but if it was, then I personally believe that if we were allowed to dye the helmet's crest, it would look more aesthetically pleasing, but I cannot speak for everyone.
    • cwnfpj8gjq4s.png

Despite these characteristics which I couldn't help but notice, I think that overall this new style is gorgeous, and I would like to thank Zenimax for shipping it, and for reviewing my feedback on the style.
    Edited by Sidereum on September 24, 2021 10:26AM
    PC-EU | @Sidereum
    Favorite race: Imperial
    Favorite class: Warden
    Favorite alliance: Daggerfall Covenant
    Favorite zone: Gold Coast
    Favorite chapter: Blackwood
  • labatha
    labatha
    Soul Shriven
    slip9419 wrote: »
    +Rynkyus bug

I have the same thing with both. I assumed that Arkos was just glowing eyes for some reason.
  • kaushad
    kaushad
    ✭✭✭✭
    My previous issue with "Death Stalks the Weak" was a perfectly well designed feature and not a bug, so I'll just use this comment space to mention the invisible mob in front of the Tower of Conviction.
    Edited by kaushad on September 26, 2021 12:03AM
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am find a ton of bugged quests not just Rynkyus bug.

I was doing the web of lies quest optional picking up the auctioneers package and it disappears when I get close to it.
    Also a lot of the quest markers are bugged.

Yeah Arkos is apparently a daedrat but I assumed they are still making a custom model for him.