The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ok, Maybe Some Sort of DPS Validation for Vet Dungeons Wouldn't Hurt?

• MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There should definitely be some kind of validation or DPS/HPS/DMG mitigation check for the roles in veteran mode. There should also be at least one successful playthrough of the dungeon in normal mode.

I usually play tank and in 50% of my random dungeon runs there is at least 1 DD who doesn't know any mechanics, has no DPS to speak of and can't or won't read or write or interact with the group at all. Basically, dead weight or (with some boss mechanics) the reason why the group wipes or why it takes AGES.

I am totally willing to explain mechanics and be patient. But in these cases... ugh. I would be helpful if player could not play veteran if they aren't dungeon running veterans.

I'm not sure that requiring players to have run thru a dungeon on normal will provide any assurance that they are even aware that mechanics exist. Many normal dungeons can be run thru with sheer DPS replacing the mechanics. The mechanics don't even have a chance to spawn sometimes. This is especially true for base game.
    PS5/NA
  • Kusto
    Kusto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Molydeus wrote: »
    Just from a mechanical standpoint the dungeons should be locked on veteran until they've been run at least once on normal. Every other MMO does this as far as I know.

Except you won't learn any mechs in normals because they are too easy and everything dies before mechanics can happen.
    Today's dlc pledge is a good example. Its Falkreath Hold. The most important last boss mechanic is to hide behind pillars when he shouts. On normal you only lose 3/4 of your hp but on vet you get 1 shot.

And 90% of the runs you get some elitist running ahead of everybody and nuking all before you can even say " I have quest "
  • chrisub17_ESO104
    chrisub17_ESO104
    ✭✭✭
    So you don't want players to actually be challenged. You want them to have the gear/rotation required to make it basically farm mode.

And as was pointed out you can't learn easily doing normals, mechanics are just brute forced so often.

I say stop thinking that everyone plays the game the way you do and/or for the same reasons. Playing vet content while challenging is just fine, as is farming. If you pug you get the whole spectrum. Deal with it gracefully or don't pug.

New players come into the game all the time which is something so many forget. I played at release in this mmo and several others, and what I always say is think back to what that was like. That's how it is for the average new player. They don't read forums or practice on dummies or read guides. By definition that's hardcore players. Hardcore players severely underestimate the amount of time this all takes. Like a comment in our guild chat the other day someone said well most players run trials. Unfortunately a huge majority of hardcore players are really that out of touch with how average players play the game.

If you are reading this you are a hardcore player, by definition.

The day the designers cater only to us, is the day this game dies in a fire.

So be thankful when you see people without a clue trying hard content. That's a good thing big picture.
  • M0ntie
    M0ntie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The base game (so for consoles too) needs to show the player what their dps is. Just a simple number like Combat Metrics or Hodor's does that shows the player their own dps.
    I'm sure most people doing very low dps don't even KNOW what theirs is. Some people just play and don't spend hours researching BIS builds and parsing.

What would also be nice is when a player graduates to doing Vet dungeons, make them talk with the Undaunted team again. They could do a little quest (maybe vBC1 or vFG1) and at the end the Undaunted guys could make a comment about the level of dps.
  • xiphactinus
    xiphactinus
    ✭✭✭
    This is one of the reasons why I solo stuff.