The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What's your favorite counter to Dark Convergence?

• moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other (Leave Comment)
    Nothing.

I don't know it's DA until I'm dead.
  • FangOfTheTwoMoons
    FangOfTheTwoMoons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abyssmol wrote: »
    On xBox NA the no proc campaign is dead. I assume you are on PC and it may be different. At least on my experience, it was a waste of coding time by ZOS. I don't even think that all the players in the forum asking for this campaign are playing there now. The ESO forum community really does not know what it wants. A few people with the loudest voice are influencing ZOS dev decisions, and these people do not really represent the player base!

No one wanted a No-CP No-Proc. What they wanted was CP No-Proc.
  • Abyssmol
    Abyssmol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Block
    On xBox NA the no proc campaign is dead. I assume you are on PC and it may be different. At least on my experience, it was a waste of coding time by ZOS. I don't even think that all the players in the forum asking for this campaign are playing there now. The ESO forum community really does not know what it wants. A few people with the loudest voice are influencing ZOS dev decisions, and these people do not really represent the player base!

What the forum was asking was a competitive campaign with no proc sets. What is more competitive than a campaign with no CP. Everyone is truly equal! From the player with cp 100 to the player with cp 1000. I see this every time. The forum ask and ask for things and then when ZOS delivers. Well ZOS did it wrong again. The forum doesn't not know what it wants! ZOS should stop listening to the few players here, including me, and start making decisions based on data, or this game is doom.
  • Somewhere
    Somewhere
    ✭✭✭✭
    Movement Skill (Streak, Charge, Leap, etc)
    I run ring of the wild hunt, so I've found simply using race against time and then just sprinting out of it to be the best option. That's if I actually get pulled of course, otherwise it's just block and walk out.
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (Leave Comment)

I wanted a no-cp no-proc, so therefore you are wrong about "no one" ;-). There are a finite number of PvP players so there has to a compromise about what combinations are offered. No-cp/no-proc is a nice option because it's now all about skill. You don't win a fight because you've mindlessly farmed CP in Skyreach for 6 weeks you win because of tactics and strategy.

I don't know about NA as I'm not on NA at their peak hours, but on EU the no-cp no-proc campaign is frequently population locked with queues, whilst the non alliance locked CP/proc campaign is often showing 1 bar for all. We've also had some truely epic long and largely lag spike free 30 or so a side battles like the one at Chalman last night that have just been missing from the game.

Edited by etchedpixels on September 13, 2021 11:34AM
    Too many toons not enough time
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was playing a quite a few BGs yesterday and really only had 1 DC proc result in my death. And that was just a really well timed maneavour by someone carrying the chaos ball. They dropped to a ledge and procced it on the ledge which pulled everyone up to them, then they dropped the colossus ult on us and I streaked in the wrong direction, right into a wall.

Every other DC proc was as simple dodge roll and/or streak out of the way. I actually think I ended up killing more people getting pulled into enemy DC procs than any really had a impact on me surviving.
  • jasonleitch1_ESO
    jasonleitch1_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Block
    Many times there is no counter to Dark Convergence due to lag.

I have been:
    Pulled off walls (dark convergence can be centered in the air)
    Pulled while holding block and walking
    Pulled while in mist form (the pull has actually removed mist form with no negate present)
    Pulled after dodge rolling
    Pulled after streak
    Pulled after streak and dodge rolling.
    Pulled into the convergence over half a keep distance (seriously, I was not even in that location ZOS - stop the damn pull)

Because of lag the set is over performing. Those counters should work but due to the severe and crippling lag, that ZOS seems unwilling or unable to fix, the counters often fail to be recognized by the server.
    Edited by jasonleitch1_ESO on September 13, 2021 6:38PM
    PC/NA: Pentar Stonedrake (mag sorc) - Undefined (technically my main)
    PC/NA: Pentora Stonedrake (stam sorc) - Death Huntress (NB hunter / speed build)
  • Kaysha
    Kaysha
    ✭✭✭✭
    my counter is: don´t play CP Cyrodiil. Works perfect for me. 100% failsafe
  • SpiritofESO
    SpiritofESO
    ✭✭✭
    Other (Leave Comment)
    Ravenwatch... :|

^ Yep, I am moving there. In 5 days Campaign ends, and I hope I wont be the only one. Judging by Cyro zone chat a lot of people seems to be just plain frustrated with current PvP DCvDC meta.

Yep -- Gray Host lag and procs have just worn me out.

Ravenwatch is like going back to "vanilla" with virtually no lag, no uber builds, no real surprises, and TTK is reasonable.

I already "Set Home" for Ravenwatch (no cost if you select "Wait Till Campaign Ends").

Also, plenty of sets are working just fine in No-CP. There's a big list of allowable, working sets in the patch notes where the fifth buff is ACTIVE (because it's not a proc, it's just a buff).

Every time I yearn for the fast-paced "action" in Gray Host, I enter and sooner or later I find I am "combat-locked" for anywhere from 1 to 10 minutes -- sometimes even needing to leave Cyrodiil just to clear the combat-lock. (And they haven't fixed this because... ???). Yeah, THAT plus dealing with the whatever new proc nonsense they have dreamed up during the latest Update.

Also, No-CP is good for vets who want to slow the pace down and also good for new guys who don't worry about getting turned into a bubbling pile of goo as soon as they enter a battle. :smiley:

(Not to mention the toxic Zone Chat in Gray Host. It's bad.)

:blush::wink::blush:
    • ~ PS NA ~ ALDMERI DOMINION ~
    • IVY GOLDBLADE, WOOD ELF NIGHTBLADE, Former Empress
    • IVY GOLDBLAZE, HIGH ELF TEMPLAR
    • "Adapt or Die"
  • Alchimiste1
    Alchimiste1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (Leave Comment)
    why is dodge roll wining, it pulls you through roll dodge
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (Leave Comment)

It's what people do after they get pulled. Which I guess counts for a counter these days.
  • Cronopoly
    Cronopoly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Equip Dark Convergence - If you can't beat 'em, join em!
    There's some crazy bugs with it too around bridges with destroyed top levels. Got pulled from bottom of bridge to top with 25 enemies smiling at me...
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dodge Roll

You put up heal before getting pulled, wait for 1s stun and dodge out. It's the cheapest resource-wise way to avoid the damage from set itself.
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (Leave Comment)
    Every time it hits me, I generally stuck there for 2 seconds with nothing working in prime time. Even with that; had maybe 5 people that took a resource sitting in stealth to pop out and try a DC gank I guess? Was no trouble avoiding. The problem is the prime time lag and actual large fights; that's all you see as you constantly ping pong around from pulls and whatever imaginary counter you have to masses of land the size of an Outpost all lit red.

It's not about balance here and whether it can be countered. Its the terrible game design that conceived such terrible gameplay in a broken game. The sheer number of players running it says it all on there being something wrong
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After some more play against it, I think Necros are the worst to fight running it. That boneyard synergy on top of DC proc is rough. Every other class was easily countered.