The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What's your favorite counter to Dark Convergence?

SkaraMinoc
SkaraMinoc
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
PC NA

What's your favorite counter to Dark Convergence? 104 votes

Block
15%
jasonleitch1_ESOAlendrinWingHexquisitewildbear247GERMANO-THE-IMPERIALAbyssmolkatorgaAlienoutlawDakkxIndigogoDaffenLarcomarSpiritKittenMihailioGmikerocks36 16 votes
Dodge Roll
20%
Stalwart385xxslam48xxb14_ESORhaegar75meekeyceeDojohodafred4WeylandLabsgeonsocalAsardesmikey_reachCompM4sMariusghost84DreadDaedrothImSoProGRXRGCrashTestRakdosdivnyiSachsen71Lady_Galadhiel 21 votes
Movement Skill (Streak, Charge, Leap, etc)
9%
martinhpb16_ESOGwyndeMaster_KasSomewherejaws343ThePedgeL_NiciJEverclearAdamLADSolantris 10 votes
Elude
1%
SkaraMinocFairUmbrella 2 votes
Mist Form
9%
ChillicVevvevadirondackArtim_Xvms11934AzurasCryJayKwellenMorningbearJameson18CharlieFreak 10 votes
Rage Quit
11%
SluggyCyrdemaceb17_ESOSkoomahFolkbDovahmiimallan0nWyrd88UnkindnessOfRavensFennwittySimonThesisrbfrgspArbiter7070 12 votes
Equip Dark Convergence - If you can't beat 'em, join em!
11%
Cronopolystarlizard70ub17_ESOIdinuseSalamanNZred_emuDanse_Mayhemdanthemann5WaywardArgonianRevJJNoxiousBlightEF321Moriz 12 votes
Other (Leave Comment)
20%
KikazaruGilvothJoy_DivisionReverbThe UninvitedJackeyTommy_The_Gungrannas211Karm1cOneJaimehjerj6925Alchimiste1SorbinSpiritofESOguarstompemojietchedpixelstechyeshicRaeyleighgariondaveyResidentContrarian 21 votes
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mist Form
    Mistform away because it's more than just the Dark Convergence effect you have to worry about. Probably a Zerg or two, a Vicious Death, maybe a few glitched out stun abilities, an immobilization that'll combine with the chain and stun, etc. Best just to zoom on out and have a lot of mitigation to boot!
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Back to the shade. :>
    EU | PC
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (Leave Comment)
    Streak and drink
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mist Form
    Mist form is the best option if available.

There are a series of things dodge roll does not prevent the damage or effects of.

Blocking/stamina costs seem wonky again.

Break Free (and dodge) are not reliable in Cyrodiil.

Movement skills and skills in general tend not to fire and potentially lend to the desync or rubber band effects depending on the situation.

Alternately, despite any complaints I may have - which are mostly related to the broken bits of ignoring game physics and rules, if you're pulling me in with a DC proc, you're likely going to pay for it.

I've been leaning into it. Most the people that managed to stack me in last night were quickly fed a 20-30k pen, 6k spell dmg, 47% crit, round of blast bones, robber, colossus.

I legit filled the 40 kill quest inside of 10 minutes last night. I don't even wear the sets. Nor do I want to. My builds on my toons are better.
    Edited by Jameson18 on September 11, 2021 6:06PM
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Block
    Dodge is too unreliable - that set is a lag amplifier. We've now moved to everyone blocking. Seems to work better.

Ofc, leaving and going to Raven was been discussed. But I don't want to die of boredom
  • mikey_reach
    mikey_reach
    ✭✭✭
    Dodge Roll
    Idk if its the best way but i treat it like that boss from crypt of heart 2 that pulls group in roll and block. Ive had plenty of success unless something weird like lag happens
    Edited by mikey_reach on September 11, 2021 7:02PM
  • Raeyleigh
    Raeyleigh
    ✭✭✭
    Other (Leave Comment)
    Logging off to play other games.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (Leave Comment)
    Ravenwatch... :|

^ Yep, I am moving there. In 5 days Campaign ends, and I hope I wont be the only one. Judging by Cyro zone chat a lot of people seems to be just plain frustrated with current PvP DCvDC meta.
  • Abyssmol
    Abyssmol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Block
    On xBox NA the no proc campaign is dead. I assume you are on PC and it may be different. At least on my experience, it was a waste of coding time by ZOS. I don't even think that all the players in the forum asking for this campaign are playing there now. The ESO forum community really does not know what it wants. A few people with the loudest voice are influencing ZOS dev decisions, and these people do not really represent the player base!
  • SimonThesis
    SimonThesis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rage Quit
    Logging off
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (Leave Comment)
    i stay away from Large Groups and it does not harm me.
  • paulychan
    paulychan
    ✭✭✭✭
    buff people with resolve, spam purge and run
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    paulychan wrote: »
    buff people with resolve, spam purge and run

So, you saying combo DC with Plaguebreak?
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (Leave Comment)
    Alt+F4 :tongue:
  • guarstompemoji
    guarstompemoji
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other (Leave Comment)
    Sit the patch out.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (Leave Comment)
    I think rage playing is more accurate than rage qutting.

I'm quite calm enjoying other games right now.
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (Leave Comment)
    Just don't play
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other (Leave Comment)
    No proc lmao
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (Leave Comment)
    Log off
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Block
    amazing what a well timed block can do :)
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (Leave Comment)
    Block it and then dodge away, hoping that I don't dodge into the next.
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dodge Roll
    "I ONLY DIED BECUZ DARK CONVERGENCE!!!!!!!!1111 IT HAD NUFFIN AT ALL TO DO WITH MY SKILL LEVEL! I DEMAN A NERF RIGHT NAO ZOS."

"I ONLY DIED BECUZ VENOMOUS SMITE!!!!!!!!1111 IT HAD NUFFIN AT ALL TO DO WITH MY SKILL LEVEL! I DEMAN A NERF RIGHT NAO ZOS."

"I ONLY DIED BECUZ CRIMSON TWILIGHT!!!!!!!!1111 IT HAD NUFFIN AT ALL TO DO WITH MY SKILL LEVEL! I DEMAN A NERF RIGHT NAO ZOS."

Its just this months recap screen excuse. There will be a new excuse every patch and no amount of whining to zos will ever stop you from dying completely. Git gud and roll out.
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (Leave Comment)
    The problem with all the counters OP is mentioning is that those are not even a "true" reliable hard counters.

Take roll-dodge for example. You will not be able to reliably avoid getting pulled just by roll-dodging. If you see DC proc, by the time roll-dodge animation ends & server will register your new position, you will get pulled. Roll dodge is only useful IF you got pulled in a 1st place, so that you can void taking more dmg. But the point is, that you already took more damage than other proc set will be ever able to deal & got CC-ed into burst (killing zone) position. Also, even if you manage to get out & not get pulled, you will just roll-doge one DC proc just to roll-doge another and another and another... and eventually bur down your stamina. Every AOE is a DC proc...

Block is technically a thing that prevents being pulled but it not always work. I had numerous encounters when I sloooowly walked away of the AOE, while blocking and I was a good 1 meter outside of it, and once I dropped block - I got pulled, despite being outside of AOE. Again similar issue that is also present in case of roll-doge - server lag & position registering is too slow. Besides, when you block, you basically "snare" yourself & have no stamina recovery...

Movement Skill buff/ability may only help if you are at the very edge of the AOE. Then you may have a chance. But from my experience it is not by any means something that can be called a "reliable counter".

Elude / Major Evasion - umm... DC has 10% dmg bonus for every target it pulled, so it will just reduce dmg taken by tiny, barely noticeable amount... ant it wont prevent getting pulled & damaged in a 1st place, so it is not a hard counter by any means...

Mist form works, but has severe limitation. 1st of all it is Vampire-only skill, but also it has a lot of restriction while it is active, so again it not something that can be called a decent counter. It just has too many sacrifices. It is not like a detection skill that can un-cloak a nb or something (hard counter).

TL DR:
    So that leaves us with 3 final options:
    - You can "Rage Quit" (Take a break from PvP).
    - Slot DC & Hrothgar (2 most powerful & broken sets that killed build diversity and automatically put everyone not using them at disadvantage / not competitive position).
    - Other - go No Proc / No CP which looks like a fine alternative if you ask me. You may just need to figure out what set will work in no-proc. And that may be the biggest issue. The list ZOS gave us is terrible, many sets are missing and some that are on the list don't work lol. But once you will figure out what you can use... it seems like a best option. No-Proc tests were amazing as it reminded me of "healthy" 2014-2015 PvP. Good old times...
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on September 12, 2021 9:28AM
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    magnum shot > Race against time > dodge roll, cloak

And have to LOL at the pseudo Gandalf who got inside a room in IC, equipped with DC, and then teabagged me cos they are so skilled. I never gave up and kept up the attack because it's just a game right, but some people get an op easymode proc and suddenly think they are Gandalf.
    Edited by martinhpb16_ESO on September 12, 2021 12:20PM
    At least the spelling is difficult for you.
    Hew's Bane*
  • jerj6925
    jerj6925
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other (Leave Comment)
    So far I feel the only way I have died to it is because of game lag. Like so many other deaths I'm just instantly dead and when I look at the recap... oh ok.

Crappy servers can't supprt the game mechanics is the issue.
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (Leave Comment)
    Increase speed and snare reduction and move out of it.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dodge Roll
    Dodge Roll, getting pulled again, dying, leaving.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Keep moving, never stay in one place. With some practice I don't die as often as I used to.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (Leave Comment)
    Play in noCP
    Too many toons not enough time
  • angelofdeath333
    angelofdeath333
    ✭✭✭
    Snow treaders, you didnt hear it from me.