The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Does anyone enjoy IC?

• Mandragora
    Mandragora
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe the big battles could have been fun aswell and it is just hard to imagine it, my problem is that stealth player can just take one player by one if nobody does have search skill, but maybe it wouldn't be so popular if there would be more of big battles. I guess I will have to see IC for myself now, when there is no event with ducks - lol that is definitely me trying to see the scenery and figure out possible routes.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not really a 1vX player but I'm guessing during those big battles the stealth fighters could find a place on the path back to the fight to jump stragglers or to catch players that wandered to far from the main group. Now I'm not sure Imperial City sees enough traffic outside of events to make solo PvP exciting game play. Maybe during prime time?
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Nogawd
    Nogawd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love going there, but only on 2 of my characters. I have a ganker and a very tanky healing templar.

I know ZOS imagined close battles, fun with PvE and PvP elements, and the risk of telvar looks great on paper. However, it did just turn into a ganking NB zone that fears away most other build diversity.

So like most PvP, we see the same thing pop up of low population and how to fix it.
  • Artim_X
    Artim_X
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love Dark Souls and the idea of invading another player's world or fighting off an invader. Imperial City and the concept of tel var gives me that experience.

As a sorc before the vamp change, I would sneak around and use invisibility pots as needed. Now I can vamp run at stage 4 to become invisible. I can essentially run around an entire district without being seen and take cover as needed. IC has become a lot more fun with the unnatural movement passive that makes me invisible while running, so I definitely enjoy an occasional romp around the city.
    (AD) Artim X/Xirtām/Måtrix |PC/NA| Casual staff wielding vampire sorcerer/templar/arcanist
    Electric-Burn/Stun
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Av0zcKH3i2BkaY1GXW/giphy.gif/https://c.tenor.com/jQHdFftrgwMAAAAC/tenor.gif
    • Damage Dealing Build.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Inferno/Lightning Staff (infused/shock enchant), and Rage of the Ursauk jewelry (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused/flame/weapon damage enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Boundless Storm, Mages' Wrath, Lightning Flood, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build), and Power Overload.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Crushing Shock/Storm Pulsar, Streak, Flame/Shock Reach, Unstable Wall of Fire/Storms, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build) and Fiery/Thunderous Rage.
    Electric-Heal
    https://media.giphy.com/media/5ibGIHneWS6ek/giphy.gif
    • My Healer Build.
    • Gear: 5 Spell Power Cure (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Lightning Staff (Charged/shock enchant), and Infallible Aether jewelry (arcane with spell damage enchant)/restoration staff (Powered with absorb magicka enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Power Surge, Boundless Storm, Blessing of Restoration, Energy Orb, Twilight Matriarch, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Dark Deal, Overflowing Altar, Elemental Drain, Blockade of Storms, Twilight Matriarch, and Aggressive Horn.
    Electric-Ward
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Wa0TGmtDvwW3e/giphy.gif
    • My Meme Tank Build that uses high resistance and variety of wards.
    • Gear: 5 Brands of Imperium (All body pieces except Head and Shoulders, with Divine trait, and with Prismatic Defense Enchants), full Mother Ciannait's (1 light and 1 medium. Divines and Max Mag Enchant), and Combat Physician jewelry (bloodthirsty with Prismatic Recovery Enchants), CP restoration staff (Infused with hardening enchant), and CP ice staff (Infused with crusher enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Bound Aegis, Deep Thoughts, Boundless Storm, Healing Ward, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Silver Leash (Elemental Drain if healer isn't running it), Bound Aegis, Frost Clench, Blockade of Frost, Empowered Ward, and Temporal Guard.
    Electric-Vamp
    https://media.giphy.com/media/ukDQiYZzRAxMZKcK86/giphy.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact for regular and NoCP build/Oblivion's Foe for dot build (medium chest and body pieces light. All Impenetrable. Max Mag Enchants). Gaze of Sithis and 1 light Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton (light shoulders, and impenetrable with Max Mag Enchants). Knight Slayer/Pariah jewelry/Plaguebreak for dot build (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused with oblivion enchant for regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build. Sharpened for dot build)/restoration staff (infused with oblivion enchant regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Structured Entropy, Boundless Storm, Soul Splitting Trap, Radiating Regeneration, Healing Ward, and Life Giver.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Drain Vigor (Elemental Susceptibility), Race Against Time, Rune Cage, Radiant Magelight, Empowered Ward, and Shatter Soul.
    Dawnfang
    https://media.tenor.com/ogWfvDdsqBIAAAAd/anime-black-clover.gif
    • My casual one bar heavy attack Templar build that only utilizes Aedric Spear abilities.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (Head or Shoulder and body pieces except Chest. All body pieces Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchant), Lightning Staff of the Sergeant (Infused/shock enchant), and Sergeant's Mail jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Puncturing Sweep, Aurora Javelin, Toppling Charge, Blazing Spear, Radiant Ward, and Crescent Sweep.
    Duskfang
    https://media.tenor.com/Jo8aG_ouy_oAAAAd/ac-odyssey.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact (Heavy Chest with light Head, Waist, Hands, and Feet. All body pieces Impenetrable. Health enchant on head and everything else Magicka Enchants), 1 Medium Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton Shoulder (Impenetrable, Max Health Enchant), Knight Slayer Restoration Staff (Infused/Decrease Health enchant/Stealth-Draining Poison IX), and Knight Slayer jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with Spell Damage Enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1:Radiant Oppression, Race Against Time, Aurora Javelin, Breath of Life, Resolving Vigor, and Life Giver (Shatter Soul).
    PvE Starter Gear
    https://media.giphy.com/media/6CovzgyTig7M4/giphy.gif
    • Gear: 5 Law of Julianos (heavy chest, gloves/belt light, and the rest can be light or 1 medium piece if you're not wearing medium anywhere else on your body. All in training if grinding for XP or divines), Armor of the Seducer or Magnus' Gift head, shoulder, and staves (light with 1 medium piece if you are not already wearing 1 medium Julianos piece. All in training or divines. The staves should be training or infused), and 3 purple Willpower Jewelry with Arcane trait (can be bought from trading guilds for relatively cheap.
    • Check tamrieltradecentre.com for the best deals if you're not using a price checking addon).
    Race
    https://media.giphy.com/media/sdEkeWpiaGz0A/giphy.gif
    • High elf, since you will not have issues with sustain, but other mag based races are also fine so this is more of a personal choice.
    Mundus Stones
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cT3wMhLGQWdKU/giphy.gif
    • PvP: The Lover for penetration when playing a sorc or temp.
    • PvE Healing/Damage: The Thief for decent crit rate.
    • PvE Tanking: The Lady to get close to resistance cap.
    Current Champion Points
    https://media.giphy.com/media/l4FGDAx6u3hthMhgI/giphy.gif
    • DPS Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Exploiter, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Thaumaturge, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Healer Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Hope Infusion, Weapon's Expert, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Tanky Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Ironclad, Enduring Resolve, Reinforced, Duelist's Rebuff, Bastion, Ward Master, Rejuvenation, Fortified.
    • PvP Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, Occult Overload, Arcane Supremacy, Bastion, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvE Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Fighting Finesse, Master-at-Arms, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvP Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, From the Brink, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    Favorite Foods and Potions
    https://media.giphy.com/media/3otPoTggaYFNd1FdAI/giphy.gif
    • Parse Food for PvE:(DPS) Ghastly Eye Bowl (increases Max Magicka by 4592 and Magicka Recovery by 459 for 2 hours).
    • Gold/Purple Food for Sorc PvP and Meme Tanking:(PvP) Clockwork Citrus Filet (increases Max Health by 3326, Health Recovery by 406 [useful if stage 1 vampire], Max Magicka by 3080, and Magicka Recovery by 338 for 2 hours). Witchmother's Potent Brew (Increase Max Magicka by 2856, Max Health by 3094, and Magicka Recovery by 315 for 2 hours.
    • Trash Potions when feeling cheap: Regular CP150 Essence of Magicka pots that I obtain frequently from playing the game or Crown Tri-Restoration Potion obtained from dailies.
    • Crafted Potions: Essence of Spell Critical (Bugloss, Lady's Smock, and Water Hyacinth). Without magelight this is my primary means of obtaining Major Prophecy on my Sorc, which increases my Spell Critical Rating. This also heals and restores magicka. Essence of Immovability (Columbine, Corn Flower, and Wormwood). I use this in PvP, since this gives me stealth detection, knockback immunity, and restores magicka (better to use it when competent allies are nearby, since it might reveal that you are surrounded by multiple players in stealth and you will not have an emergency pot available after use). Essence of Invisibility with only 2 ingredients (Blue Entoloma, Namira's Rot, Nirnroot, or Spider Egg). I use this in PvE content that requires stealth and if I need more speed I'll use Rapid Maneuver before using the potion. Essence of Invisibility with 3 ingredients (Blessed Thistle, Blue Entoloma, and Namira's Rot). Very useful in PvP alongside the vampire Dark Stalker passive, since you'll be invisible, ignore movement speed penalty while in Crouch, and you'll have a 30% movement speed boost from Major Expedition (I always have this slotted when riding from point A to B in PvP land, since gankers are always lurking). My templar will mostly use Essence of Health (Tri-Stat Potion) Ingredients: (Mountain Flower, Columbine, and Bugloss).
  • NoxiousBlight
    NoxiousBlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, IC is easily the best zone in the game.

The aesthetic is fantastic, the (short) story line is pretty good, and the PvP is excellent.

TelVar I am pretty meh about as a system, I would actually prefer not losing TV upon death as I think it would attract more people to the zone, but it is what it is.

Unfortunately IC suffers from a population problem. People just don't play much outside of events. I think the addition of monster masks and the wizard motifs was a great idea and they should do more things like that. The PvP is better in IC because for some reason IC never lags like Cyro, but people are always in Cyro, so I go to Cyro. I like the addition of the PvE elements as it makes it feel a bit more alive in there all the time.

When there is an IC event on you can't tear me away from that zone. Half the time I can't even be bothered to do writs because I want to get into the action the second ESO loads up.

Edited by NoxiousBlight on September 25, 2021 12:15PM
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It has been my favorite place in the game since the day it was released and continues to be so.

I prefer open world to BGs. I have historically financed my other in-game activities almost exclusively with Tel Var. I like the mix between PvE and PvP. Always something to do, but with the danger of PvP to spice things up.

While I am a (single target, melee) magblade main, I also play other classes. Yes, it helps being a nightblade or a sorc, but that is true for open world solo play in general. I enjoy IC on all the classes that I play. If you feel that nightblades are dominating in IC and you haven't played and become reasonably proficient with one yourself, I'll only say that doing so gained me some perspective. Nightblades, like every class, have their limits and weaknesses. There is nothing like playing one yourself to get a feel for that. You'll become less aggrieved on other classes as a result and you either learn how to kill them or, at the very least, begin to better appreciate the relative merits of your other classes in the rock / paper / scissors world of ESO.

For me the game has always been about finding interesting fights and (slowly) improving at combat. Fights against equally skilled players, all out brawls or sometimes outnumbered fights. I simply enjoy inhabiting my character, the movement and maneuvering aspect of the game, the fact that the game generally works in IC without lag. While I prefer to help my alliance in Cyrodiil, to say that the objectives, there, provide any great incentives would be a lie. The main CP campaign used to be tightly contested in previous years. These days it's dominated by the yellow faction. The outcome of the war is a foregone conclusion, so what's the point?

It comes down to what type of player you are, I guess. If you enjoy dueling and small-scale, you probably enjoy IC. If you enjoy playing in big groups, you probably enjoy Cyrodiil.
    Edited by fred4 on September 25, 2021 2:06PM
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Iriidius
    Iriidius
    ✭✭✭
    IC was fun a while ago when there were mainly solo players. You could run around and kill NPCs and sometimes you got attacked by another player and duelled him. Last IC event i rarely got attacked by solo players, only by groups. Most of the groups gankers were at least decent players so it was impossible to 1vX them or run away from them so the moment they attack you you are already dead.
    So I wrote lfg to join a group myself, but didnt got an answer. So I tried to found my own group, but couldnt find enaugh members.
    I dont think it is fun to get groupganked and give my tel var to players that fight unfair.
  • Mandragora
    Mandragora
    ✭✭✭
    So after reading another bunch of positive posts from players who do enjoy IC now, it seems to me like really the way how to change something in the zone without making it worse for those players could be adjusting only sewers to solo play by removing some of those big packs of mobs and adding more of traps like those from hists - where you could use it for more of tactics - and adding roaming solo lesser bosses which would move and thus would be harder to camp near them and they would behave the same way like players, but more predictable - stealthy and searching for pray. That would support stealthy gameplay even for PVE/casual pvp players, who would have reason to have some reveal ability and could do it solo, they could also train their combat on them. Also there could be pvp skill of tracking, but I don't know if that wouldn't be too much gamebreaking and possible to implement.
    I guess others may think I'm crazy, like why even bother think about it.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends on the purpose of why I'm going in there in the first place (and I'm speaking mostly from the perspective of a pve-er): if it's with a group to flag districts or do the Molag Bal event in the sewers, it's always fun, even we wipe, because it's a 'we're all in it together' mentality. If I'm on my own and farming sewer bosses, especially near the enemy alliances, this is also fun for me, because it's a mini game of whether I can go and kill the boss before getting discovered. When pages where dropping from these bosses I did a lot of runs like that with my NB and in the quiet hours it's actually nice. If someone killed me then I'd just respawn and try again. The only case where it's decidedly unfun is when solo farming for leads from upstair bosses, because they take a lot of time to be killed and usually enemy players arrive in the meantime and kill you. I don't mind the killing part, as I don't go there to pvp and don't take it personally, but I do mind not being able to loot a boss that I killed or contributed to killing. Enemy players will literally camp the boss and kill you after you respawn and return to loot, and that's really frustrating, imo. That's the only aspect I object to, especially when the leads are tied to RNG and not guaranteed drops, so you have to go through that process repeatedly.
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As an end game PvP player IC and dueling are my favorite PvP formats. IC gives me the opportunity to 1vx without the lag of Cyro, while earning a reasonable PvP sourced income. Plus all the buildings and back alleys are great environmental factors to turn an outnumbered fight in your favor.