The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Hello :-} , I would like to know more information and tips..ok no HROTHGAR 20k HIT??? HOW??

• Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    anti tank set doing anti tank set things, its a great thing to witness a new age of PVP etc etc etc
    Edited by Alienoutlaw on September 1, 2021 5:46AM
    Options
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AinSoph wrote: »
    maxjapank wrote: »
    33-40k armor is 100% possible,70k+ is possible with a Templar and Remembrance, if you see a templar doing that, create a great deal of space between you and them asap.

Initially I thought the same about Rite of Passage, the extra 33,000 spell and physical resistance. But don't forget that a Templar is immune to all disabling effects while casting. Hrothgar cannot proc on a Templar casting Rite of Passage, and if it is, then it is a bug with Hrothgar.

Disabling effects are things you can cc break out of, immobilize is a soft cc so Hrothgar can still apply.

I can’t say I’ve ever been immobilized while using Rite of Passage or even preventing me from moving if I cut it short. But I’ll definitely test it in a duel.
    Options
  • Redguards_Revenge
    Redguards_Revenge
    ✭✭✭✭
    anti tank set doing anti tank set things, its a great thing to witness a new age of PVP etc etc etc

You know my gripe? Why should I be punished for what someone else decides to do with their build? I am still trying to find a BGs where this happens again. So maybe it is very RARE which is good I don't have to worry about this much. I will admit it right now. It was incredibly stupid.

I just respawned then walked into the Main room. I was looking around to see where everybody was and saw them on the upper floor. I saw the chaos ball holder jump down and about to die. He walked 2 steps after falling and was hit. He died, the I died. Which look like out of nowhere. There was some fighting still happening on the upper deck between some other people.
    The chaosball user was NOT a templar. So that would mean someone killed somebody on the upper deck and it pretty much killed everyone in the vicinity of the chaosball holder because everybody gravitated towards him. (Except the allies.) Which is why I realize their points were over the top when I was added to the game.

I can't believe zos thinks it's ok to punish everyone for what one person is doing. It should have been limited to people in the tanks group.

I will admit, I can't stand being punished for a random person's decision that I have no clue about. However, at least this does seem to be rare so I will just observe for now. At some point maybe someone will start to exploit the hell out of it but not right now.
    Options
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fhritz wrote: »
    danno8 wrote: »
    The guy who blew up had 40k spell and 40k physical resistance. That's 80k. You took the AoE explosion from him. Something like that.

These sets are the reason I haven't been in PvP for nearly a year. It's just become ridiculous. ZoS keeps trying to reign in proc sets, then they continuously introduce ridiculous proc sets.

It should do 10k then, since you need to reduce damage by 55% because of battle spirit. Hrotgar IS bugged, no one can deny it, it can proc from damage on stun enemies rather than only stun so...

So Hrothgar IS bugged?
    Jameson18 wrote: »
    Its basically the armor based equivalent of standing next to someone with <25-28k hp during Vicious Death fest '21.

VD had a counterplay. The only counterplay with this set is don't ball up. ZOS designed it so that 1vXers can take out the pariah of PvP (ball groups) without any recourse. BGs is just collateral damage.

This can't be true. Think about it, they would need a super tank to be in the vicinity. To wipe a group. Most people just outheal the damage with their crit builds.

I do see some niche groups with a super tank sharing damage but that's about the only time in cyro I see that.

20k single damage Hrothgar must be broken. I am still waiting for someone to tell me what sets would give 40k/40k in no cp. I am not versed in these new sets.

It's bugged.
    Edited by ThePedge on September 1, 2021 9:52AM
    Options
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You know my gripe? Why should I be punished for what someone else decides to do with their build? I am still trying to find a BGs where this happens again. So maybe it is very RARE which is good I don't have to worry about this much. I will admit it right now. It was incredibly stupid.

I just respawned then walked into the Main room. I was looking around to see where everybody was and saw them on the upper floor. I saw the chaos ball holder jump down and about to die. He walked 2 steps after falling and was hit. He died, the I died. Which look like out of nowhere. There was some fighting still happening on the upper deck between some other people.
    The chaosball user was NOT a templar. So that would mean someone killed somebody on the upper deck and it pretty much killed everyone in the vicinity of the chaosball holder because everybody gravitated towards him. (Except the allies.) Which is why I realize their points were over the top when I was added to the game.

I can't believe zos thinks it's ok to punish everyone for what one person is doing. It should have been limited to people in the tanks group.

I will admit, I can't stand being punished for a random person's decision that I have no clue about. However, at least this does seem to be rare so I will just observe for now. At some point maybe someone will start to exploit the hell out of it but not right now.

This post sounds like someone has never been killed by Vicious Death. Just saying. It's PvP, you will die based on what people on your team do. Same as in PvE actually. Why should I as the trials tank die because my DPS don't have the right build to do enough damage to the boss? Because we're a TEAM
    Options
  • Greek_Hellspawn
    Greek_Hellspawn
    ✭✭✭✭

This post sounds like someone has never been killed by Vicious Death. Just saying. It's PvP, you will die based on what people on your team do. Same as in PvE actually. Why should I as the trials tank die because my DPS don't have the right build to do enough damage to the boss? Because we're a TEAM

There is a huge difference between vicious death and hrothgar chill tho, one requires you to kill a person, the other just needs a immobilise/stun to proc and also punishes your opponent based on their build.
    Also vicious is 5 meters while hrothgar is 8 meters.
    Edited by Greek_Hellspawn on September 1, 2021 7:16PM
    Options
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

There is a huge difference between vicious death and hrothgar chill tho, one requires you to kill a person, the other just punishes your opponent based on their build.

And? If you are stacking on a flag and squishy, you die MUCH more easily to trigger Vicious Death. How is that not punishing me (not squishy and trying to be 5m away) when you die?

Also, If you're dying to someone else's 20k hit, you don't have enough health for PvP, or enough armor, or lots of things. Maybe keep your shield up too.

Crying that you died in PvP is kinda pointless. And there are TONS of threads about that.
    Options
  • Greek_Hellspawn
    Greek_Hellspawn
    ✭✭✭✭

There is a huge difference between vicious death and hrothgar chill tho, one requires you to kill a person, the other just punishes your opponent based on their build.

And? If you are stacking on a flag and squishy, you die MUCH more easily to trigger Vicious Death. How is that not punishing me (not squishy and trying to be 5m away) when you die?

Also, If you're dying to someone else's 20k hit, you don't have enough health for PvP, or enough armor, or lots of things. Maybe keep your shield up too.

Crying that you died in PvP is kinda pointless. And there are TONS of threads about that.

No-one is crying about dying in pvp, the set is clearly bugged and does more damage than it should, if you need it to get kills [snip].

[Edit for Baiting.]
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on September 1, 2021 9:32PM
    Options
  • Aldoss
    Aldoss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was hit solo for a 13k Hrothgar's yesterday. For the set to do that much damage, I'd have to have 50k in combined resistances (which I likely did when that proc'd) and for the proc to not get mitigated by Battle Spirit.

As far as I'm aware, no where did ZOS say that Hrothgar would bypass the Battle Spirit mitigation. Bugged. Enjoy it while it lasts.
    Options
  • Redguards_Revenge
    Redguards_Revenge
    ✭✭✭✭

I almost always see the vicious death coming.

#1 lots of people at one location like a flag that many don't need to be on to flip. (Me stupidly going with the flow and standing with them)
    #2 The one NB coming in for the bomb.

I simply don't stay near the crowds.

Me walking into a room after respawning. Turning my camera around to find where the chaos ball user is at. Seeing some 2-3 usual people fighting at the top near the chaosball user. Seeing the chaos ball user jump down. Me and him on ground level. Somebody dying up there and wiping almost everyone in the vicinity. I can't get behind that.

I am a guy who loves getting killed by a good ganker. This Hrothgar thing just isn't right to me.

As many are saying the set is probably bugged. Also I still haven't ran into the 20k hit of Hrothgar yet so it is very rare I am guessing. (I do see someone say they got hit by a 13k hrothgar).

Once the bug is fixed, I won't have to worry about it hitting random people when it procs because I'll be able to survive the hit.

Edited by Redguards_Revenge on September 1, 2021 11:14PM
    Options
  • JonnytheKing
    JonnytheKing
    ✭✭✭✭
    Before you read I didn't screenshot the 20k Hrothgar as I thought this is normal to get 20k hits? I am trying to get into a BGs where someone is using the set to record.

2 items: Adds 1206 Maximum Health
    3 items: Adds 1487 Armor
    4 items: Adds 1487 Offensive Penetration
    5 items: Stunning or Immobilizing your enemy causes them to burst with frost magic, applying the Chilled status effect and dealing 26% of their total Physical Resistance and Spell Resistance as Frost Damage to themselves and enemies within 8 meters of them. This effect can occur once every 7 seconds.

Ok so I was in BGs. I was walking around and the chaos ball carrier was being followed by some people and dropped in front of me and died. I was thinking wow, i'll be able to get the chaosball as he fell.

Then I died. I was like WHAT HAPPENED? Full health to ZERO?
    I opened the the recap. I saw little hits here and there, then saw HROTHGAR CHILL 20k.....

I am like HOW??? I have 15k Phys Def and 15k Magic Def.

30*.26= 7800 damage. NOTE THAT IS IF I ADD BOTH MY PHYSICAL DAMAGE AND MAGICAL DAMAGE ONLY 7800 DAMAGE!!! SO HOW DID IT TAKE 20K?

Now let's do a quick rough estimate....
    25% = 1/4 so 20*4= 80K resistances ....IN BGS? IMPOSSIBLE!!! (unless some other broken set is in there)

So I can only assume that HROTHGAR is TAKE EVERYONES RESISTANES IN THE AREA AND USE IT AS DAMAGE? THAT IS THE ONLY WAY!!! OR THE SET IS BROKEN!!!

If this is the case chaosball is broken. Think about it. Take the ball, move to your main post. Keep the guy who has HROTHGAR up at the top. wait till everybody congregates and blast them all dead with a over 20k Hrothgar Chill. DOES IT EVEN HAVE AN UPPER CAP?

WHAT AM I MISSING HERE ? ANYBODY CAN FILL ME IN?

so after 3 hours , of testing i think what is happing is if your hit by the aoe one of 2 things is happing , battle sprit isnt working or its staking the resist from both, that been said its 100% not staking past 2 poeple , and all so the numbers didnt quitw line up for the battle sprit not working , but basial dont get hit by the aoe and u will be fine , all so nord will heap , its %15 damige mit
    TWITCH jtk__gaming
    GM of Elder-Skills DC PVP Guild NA
    Main Toons
    MagSorc
    MagTemp
    Options