The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PlayStation 5 | Crash on Inventory

Savince
Savince
I have had couple of time ESO crashing when I open Inventory and try to view, sell, drop items. Yesterday at least following criterias was filled
- Character inventory was full. Hence tried to sell items or move to bank using the Merchant Fezez or Banker Baron Jangleplume.
- Bank inventory was full
- Open Inventory. Crashes either straight away or after opening sub menu (Supplies, etc).
- I also tried to sell stuff using the NPC merchants. Still crash. So not an issue with Fezez or Baron Jangleplume.

With other characters with free inventory there was no problems. I was able to fix this issue as follows
- Buy more bank inventory.
- Move most character inventory items to bank using The Bank NPC.
- After I moved 60-70% to bank I was able to Level Up to 42 where you are required to choose one of the potions or can not level up. Since I had all full I wasn't able to choose neither of these potions and wasn't able to level up.

Also why does it need to hard crash in the first place? Why can it just log me off to main log in dialog and let me log in again? Why I needed to start ESO all over? Luckily starting ESO is fast with PS5. So not big difference. In other news ESO still hard crashes from time to time when internet connection dies. Which seems to happen daily anyways. This however does not affect gameplay that much since starting ESO is fast. Only that with PlayStation 4 Pro it didn't hard crash but kicked me out to login dialog. So ESO worked better with PS4Pro than PS5. In my particular case, that is.

Anyways I am in the process of leveling up my third character to LVL50. Only 8 levels and some crashes away. My forth and fifth characters are so low in the process I hope ZOS fix the crashes by the time they are nearing LVL50.

--> Question: Has anyone else experienced the same situation with ESO crashing if trying to view, sell, bank items from the Inventory? I mean constantly, every time unless done the workaround above.

Anyways, thanks for reading thus far. I chose to post this on General since not sure yet if this is bug or just feature. (Bug is something that prevents playing. Feature is something Like how a game is designed to work and thus not bug even so player might think so).
Edited by ZOS_Bill on September 2, 2021 10:48PM
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In ESO terms, a feature is a bug they can't fix. By this point I think all the PS5 crashes count as features!

I haven't had this particular one but it's got so bad I've more or less stopped doing a lot of content - delves and PD's, quests, dungeons. I even avoid going to houses unless I have to and I love my housing. I don't change CP unless I'm prepared to crash, tho that one isn't specific to PS5.

I'm hoping our update on the 8th will fix them because if it wasn't for the event I'm not sure what I'd have left to do.

PS4 EU
  • Savince
    Savince
    I am so accustomed to crashing due internet connection (I think) that it doesn't bother me. So in that sense it hasn't stopped my gaming. Inventory case was annoying since I wasn't able to level up. I am also waiting the next update. I hope you and me get something out of it. Stay positive.
    I think I need to try rebuilding the database of PS5 if that helps. I will let you know if it helps if I did it.
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If something like this happened on Xbox, we’d have to delete the save file, fully shut down the console, and disconnect it from the mains for at least five minutes. Is that worth trying on PS5? I presume the save file for you only stores your options (audio, gameplay, camera settings, etc.), as it does for us.
  • Savince
    Savince
    GenjiraX wrote: »
    If something like this happened on Xbox, we’d have to delete the save file, fully shut down the console, and disconnect it from the mains for at least five minutes. Is that worth trying on PS5? I presume the save file for you only stores your options (audio, gameplay, camera settings, etc.), as it does for us.

Hmm. This is an option. I can always upload current savefile to cloud and get it back if something weird happens. Thanks.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We have recieved multiple reports of crashes on the PS5 since the console enhancement patch. As there are now multiple threads reporting these crashes we've decided to close this thread. You can still continue discussion and find troubleshooting in the thread linked below.

Game keeps hard crashing on PS5
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.