The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Proposed Cyrodiil Test.

Jameson18
Jameson18
✭✭✭✭✭
Just for the sake of testing:

Remove the npcs entirely. Double/Triple all health and timers on objectives. Require more than 1 person to be standing on a flag.

Just do it for a day or two (maybe a weekend) on the live servers with actual population and see how performance is. Pre Plan, post about it so people know ahead of time, give some incentive for showing up to the test. (Maybe MYM style)

Look for the following;

Dips or improvement in performance - especially in keep battles
Positional desyncs - Why does it seem like the game struggles more with NPCs not being wonky than anything once a surplus of players are around?
"Everlasting Status effects" and bugs. - Will they still exist? Will we still see 4 instances of 10,000 days of burning? - I've got a theory on this one after some testing this weekend on Xbox
  • KhajiitLivesMatter
    KhajiitLivesMatter
    ✭✭✭✭
    never heard of bugs with npc
    and the 10000 day buffs are just cosmetic buffs so dont care if they will be gone
  • Jackey
    Jackey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @KhajiitLivesMatter there's a theory going around that guards are causing the server to lag extra hard during high traffic.
    And that's why we experience massive lag near keeps during prime time. 🤷‍♂️
    Edited by Jackey on August 16, 2021 3:27PM
    PS | EU
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jackey wrote: »
    @KhajiitLivesMatter there's a theory going around that guards are causing the server to lag extra hard during high traffic.

This.

And cosmetic buffs/debuffs or not, they're still triggering CP and set effects.

I payed extra attention to this this weekend. I did not manage to get tagged with these unless npcs were involved. Even though they're not necessarily the npc debuffs. It seemed to be related more to whether we were on "the grounds" of a resource or keep. Which is where the npcs are loaded.
  • danthemann5
    danthemann5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jackey wrote: »

No, it's the deer.
    I mean tower doors.
    I mean destructible towers.
    ZeniMax has no obligation to correct any errors or defects in the Services.

Greetings! We've closed this thread due to its non-constructive nature.

"You know you don't have to be here right?" - ZOS_RichLambert
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i Strongly Agree with this.
    there should not be any NPC's in cryodiil,
    this is atleast a start in that direction.
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    never heard of bugs with npc
    and the 10000 day buffs are just cosmetic buffs so dont care if they will be gone

The 10000 days buff are not cosmetic.

Some can proc item sets, which would be beneficial. Others prevent you from basing, they force break free animation on you including stamina cost and prevent you from sprinting. This has all posted on the forums many times.
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

More

Tests!
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As an experiment, maybe interesting.

I'm willing to bet the team that works on cyrodiil probably already have a pretty good idea what causes the lag, and its simply not an easy thing to optimise.

If it was the NPCs, which I guess it might be, you could have fewer more powerful NPCs like mini boss fights. But I doubt this is the issue here. NPCs scale much better than users due, as they exist on the server, whereas with each player you have a n^2 scaling issue as every player has to send and receive data to and from every other player.
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
  • Soraka
    Soraka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do lag really badly around npcs, especially in areas with many like towns.
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the PTS is going to live, most players won't enter PvP even if you gave them 100x AP for doing so.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    With this forum post, the guard theory has now entered the third stage of its life cycle: reproduction. Now's the perfect time to place bets on what will be blamed for Cyro performance next! Here are the most likely candidates:

1. Zone chat
    2. Hireling mail
    3. Ⓜ️icrosoft™️©️®️
    4. Pacrooti
    5. The yellow treasure frog in Alinor
    6. The new Blackwood combat music
    7. Cosmetics, again (free spot)
    8. Pushing Daisies being canceled
    9. And why not? Let's throw "housing" in there, too
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip]

I lost hope & patience after all tests we had, entire year of "performance" and close to zero improvements in case of lag & de-syncs.

Only thing that was nice is that game seemed more "fair" with no-proc test... but then again they nerfed a lot of things, so even no-proc builds wont be balanced in upcoming no-proc campaign.

In fact, any nerf, buff, any PvP balance change will be irelevent if we have this kind of lag & de-synce, so you have to take it into account when designing a build...

(^ Sorry for the negativity, I am just being honest here).
    [edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 22, 2021 12:58PM