The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Useful Furniture

• bridgetrose
    bridgetrose
    ✭✭✭
    TeruKisuke wrote: »
    Probably my #1 used furnishing: Alinor Grand Bookcase. I have used it as walls, floors, face value, counters, entertainment systems, space fillers, coat racks, you name it. So far it is my most versatile piece. The texture is nice, it fills up space (not too big nor too small), the side with the pattern leaves space so that you can sink in cupboards and drawers, and as a floor it makes an interesting pattern. (I have since replaced it but it used to be the floor for my first house.)
    tqotqwgtkmc8.jpeg

But, this can also apply to any bookcase, like solitude ones for the backs, or Hlaalu bookcases to fill other bookcases.

Others include:
    -Alinor Counters. (They look nice. I have used them for counters, cupboards, and even steps for stairs. You’ll see how this is functional in a second.)
    -Orcish Platforms. (They have an invisible bottom with collision, so I am able to make any stairs functional by just sinking this platform into it.) Or they can be used at face value. It’s not as needed since we’ll be getting wooden stairs now, but it can still be helpful.
    -Solitude Platforms. Both the tile side and wooden side are useful. I have also used the edging to decorate my walls.
    -Solitude Fireplace, Ornate. It’s become a meme between a friend and I how useful this piece is. Don’t know how to fill space? Use the Solitude Fireplace. I don’t mean it at face value, though it can be used that way. The back is nice for walls, and the bottom I have used in a kitchen.
    jyarj5pzr9sn.jpeg

-Also seen above, the Vampiric Sideboard. I’ve used it to pretty up my countertops, tables, and even made cupboards out of them. Also useful as railings. Vampiric textures are like the new Alinor.
    -Markarth Walkway, Stone. It’s pretty, white, has tile on one side and plain white on the other, and has an ornate brass side to it. So far I have used it as sand, bridges, pillars and wall details, indoor white walls, etc.

I will probably think of more later, but stay tuned because at the end of the month this list will change to include the new Leyawiin structurals. Honestly just put any structural item on the list and it will stick.

Both these rooms are really neat. It so interesting what you've done with the bookcase and I love the cupboards in the kitchen area. That floor is one of my favorites.
  • TeruKisuke
    TeruKisuke
    ✭✭✭✭
    Both these rooms are really neat. It so interesting what you've done with the bookcase and I love the cupboards in the kitchen area. That floor is one of my favorites.

Thank you. But yeah, I have used it a lot lol. I simply couldn’t grow tired of that nice mahogany. It got to the point though that when I’d look in the editor to place the Alinor Grand, I’d look in Structures instead of Library lol. Nowadays I’ve had to ban myself from trying to use it as counters because I want some variety in my houses, but it gets tempting.

Other times and examples I have used the bookcase:
    9ygfhbikkljv.jpeg
    -The entertainment system I mentioned. Thieves’ Oasis is huge, so I had to fill space somehow. It’s also the back for a lining for a custom couch. I needed to use lots of shades of brown since I wanted that “Rustic Manor” feel.
    pliyqa3pvb51.jpeg
    -Bathroom Counter. Thieves’ Oasis again. It just has the perfect size.
    yq2ruh6y0oiw.png
    -Cabinet. I needed something to enclose this front desk for an inn in Proudspire. I used Display Cases and Gears to make it look like a glass cabinet, and top and bottom Vampiric Dressers for drawers.
    dbd6b0y25kgo.png
    lxovtxenpay6.jpeg
    -Dressing up walls. They’re really nice to finish off any type of wall, though when the Leyawiin stuff comes out I might start using that stuff instead. I’m obsessed with making mansions so it has the right look.
    Edited by TeruKisuke on August 16, 2021 3:02PM