Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Hybrid character major sorcery&brutality

AhSeLYaG
AhSeLYaG
✭✭✭
Hi
İ want to make a hybrid character. Recent changes game developers also took steps towards hybritizarion of newly introduced sets and this type of build. İ am still theory crafting. My biggest cıncern is after next patch pelinal changes i seem to need hybrid mundus for weapon and spell damage. Hybrid enchants for jewellery and a hybrid skill that can provide major sorcery and brutality. Also some other skills that provide major bugfs are not hybrid either like fighters guild major weapon crit and mages guild major spell crit buffs but those can be handled by bar swapping
Any suggestions?
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Be Sorc, Warden, DK or NB for both major sorcery and brutality in one sleek package.
    Or have DK friend with you 24/7.
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also, Twice born star set for double mundus of your choice. Or use naturally hybrid stones like Lover, Thief, Shadow.
    Hybrid jewelry enchant is only available in form of hybrid recovery or hybrid cost reduction (Indeko runes). Triune trait for hybrid stats or bloodthirsty.
    Edited by EF321 on July 30, 2021 11:45AM
  • AhSeLYaG
    AhSeLYaG
    ✭✭✭
    EF321 wrote: »
    Be Sorc, Warden, DK or NB for both major sorcery and brutality in one sleek package.
    Mine is a templar unfortunately ; was using potions.tbs is a nice idea will think about it. But i still need to solve to brutality sorcery problem.

• EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AhSeLYaG wrote: »
    Mine is a templar unfortunately ; was using potions.tbs is a nice idea will think about it. But i still need to solve to brutality sorcery problem.

There are sets that grant these buffs permanently - rattlecage and dreugh king slayer, but they are not hybrid and are both heavy, so will be rather poor choice for such build. Potion for one buff and skill for another is best bet I'd say.
    Alternative: infused potion jewelry, so you can get both types, with a bit of delay at first. This sounds expensive tho.
    Clever alchemist would fit well then. Bonus points if argonian.
    Edited by EF321 on July 30, 2021 1:31PM
  • CaptainVenom
    CaptainVenom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can get Major Brutality from 2-h Momentum ability and Major Sorcery from Mages Guild Degeneration ability.
    Edited by CaptainVenom on July 30, 2021 1:46PM
    🌈 Ride with Pride 🌈Magicka/Damage Necromancer - PC - NA - DC
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can get Major Brutality from 2-h Momentum ability and Major Sorcery from Rattlecage set (Jewelry, Jewelry, Jewelry, 2-h weapon or 1-h weapon and shield).

Rattlecage only has spell damage bonuses, so is not a great choice for hybrid. As for buffs, if OP already uses 2h, then momentum is great and best option, otherwise degeneration from mage guild is available to everyone, and brutality potions are generally much cheaper than spell power.

Also, speaking of minor versions, templar has sorcery built in, and can get minor brutality from poison. Or. Again, from DK friend :) Wish this was somewhat realistic option.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is a shame templar doesn't have a class based brutality + sorcery buff. I've commented on this for years.
    As for making a functional hybrid, now that they are ruining pelinals, sorc or dk is your best bet.
    Use sets that buff both your spell power and weapon damage. Run 7 medium or a mix of medium and light. Heartland conqueror + new moon gives you over 6k weapon and spell damage + big pen (nirn/sharpened melee weapons front bar, powered back bar staff).
    Use tri regen glyphs + sugar skulls food.
    This will give you a solid hybrid.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Major Sorcery/Brutality is like Major Resolve, every class should have it in its class kit.

Or NO class should have it, and it only comes from universal skill lines like fighters and mages guilds or pots.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d go with Rally and Camo Hunter for Major Brutality and Savagery, which also takes care of a self-heal, Minor Endurance, Minor Berserk, gives 3% Weapon and Spell Damage, and returns 3 ult on kills. Then use potions for Major Sorcery, Prophecy and Intellect.

The main thing missing is Major Endurance and stamina restore from potions, but that’s less important than all the buffs above, since stamina sustain is generally easier than Magicka and you already have Minor Endurance.

There’s also the option of Repentance if you need more Stamina sustain, which also adds Minor Intellect to help Magicka sustain and Minor Fortitude. Unfortunately the Minor Endurance is redundant if you already have Rally, so all the stamina help is from corpses.

Also ditch the weapon or spell power mundus, Lover/Thief/Shadow are all hybrid and stronger than Apprentice or Warrior.

Edit: If you use Biting Jabs then you get free Major Savagery without needing Camo Hunter, but it gives some other nice perks if you have space, and allows you to use other spammables or the Puncturing Sweep morph.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on July 30, 2021 4:18PM
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know the idea of hybrid builds sound fun because it's new and different but if you're able to deal great mag AND stam damage on the same build you basically just cheesed the entire game as currently exists. A full stam build or a full mag build should still be able to out damage a hybrid build. The benefit of a hybrid "jack of all trades" build are the massive amount of options skill and gear wise which in and of itself would be a significant advantage.

Maybe I'm wrong but my guess is most people don't care if it hurts the game until it actually does. Then it becomes another thing that has to be "adjusted."
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I know the idea of hybrid builds sound fun because it's new and different but if you're able to deal great mag AND stam damage on the same build you basically just cheesed the entire game as currently exists. A full stam build or a full mag build should still be able to out damage a hybrid build. The benefit of a hybrid "jack of all trades" build are the massive amount of options skill and gear wise which in and of itself would be a significant advantage.

Maybe I'm wrong but my guess is most people don't care if it hurts the game until it actually does. Then it becomes another thing that has to be "adjusted."

Hybrid builds (and off meta builds in general) are not really about min/maxing dummy parses, but more about having fun while still being good enough. It might not be enough for doing dlc hm trials, but can be enough for non hm vet dlc trials.
  • ke.sardenb14_ESO
    ke.sardenb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I wish templars had a crit buff that functioned like igneous weapons does for DK. That would be huge for organizated groups.
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If hybrid builds were easy to setup, there would be no point in pure builds. Templar is one of the more difficult classes to make a solo hybrid, but it can be done. Lots of good info in this thread already. You can also use potions to cover your buffs too.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is assuming your building for pve.

Food - Max Stam/Max Mag (Blue Food) OR Stam/Mag/Health (Gold Sugar Skulls)
    Pot - Stam (major endurance)/Major Brutality/Major Savagery

Vampires Bane (Templar) - Major Prophecy
    Degeneration (Mages Guild) - Major Sorcery
    Razor Caltrops (Assault) - Major Breach
    PoTL (Templar) - Minor Breach
    Barbed Trap (Fighters Guild) - Minor Force
    Repentence (Templar) - Minor Endurance/Intellect for slotting.
    Rune Focus (Templar) - Major Resolve... Mostly here for sustain. Judging by the 5 Med suggested below with Rele and sustain for mag is already harder, I suggest the mag morph.

Since pots cover Major Savagery, you can save a slot on your bar from Camo Hunter and/or you can use Mag Jabs (which heal) over Stam Jabs (Major Savagery).

Dark Elf - No other race is as good as this option. Khajiit comes close, but with a focus on Crit Damage to get the races dps potential, hybrids are hard pressed to fully utilize it seeing as pure builds can push crit easier and farther. Straight damage from Dark Elf is much more useful.

Mundus stone, Thief.

Character, 32 mag, 32 stam.

Tri glyph on all armor pieces for free hp and even split of stam/mag (expensive, but you could put that as an end game goal). If you do this, I suggest the blue food over sugar skulls for more dps, since your hp would be around 23k I'm guessing.

Do not bother with Twice Born Star, it's a bad DPS hybrid set and doesn't work for Front Bar.

Body set is hard..you want a set that gives Minor Slayer, but none of them are hybrid. Your best option by far is Relequen on the body as it gives the strongest bonus for single target dps of any pve set in the game while scaling on the highest of your weapon or spell damage.

Front bar set, Diamonds Victory (weapons/jewelry).

Monster slots, 2 pieces of double crit set items (slimecraw/gundlewolf) in both light for 5M/2L OR 1 Slimecraw + Kilt in groups (6M/1L).

Back bar, your choice depending on your favourite between BRP DW (Blade Cloak - pretty nice for hybrids, 6% damage done, mitigation and 20% aoe mitigation), MA Bow (Volley), MA Fire Staff (Blockade). Everything else doesn't offer a ton of pve dps for back bar options.

Front bar, most likely DW as your best option, every bonus is hybrid (besides the cost reduction). You're in melee range for Jabs spamming anyway. Double Daggers is great, stack that crit. Nirn main hand, precise or sharpenned offhand depending on where you want your pen to be.

With 2 light and cp you have 2578 pen, 1 sharpened weapon might be ideal for a base of about 4k pen. With major/minor breach you have an extra 9k, so 13k. Crusher enchant + the new aoe debuff tank set covers the remaining 5.2k pen you need for a group setting.

Jewelry, 100% bloodthristy as it gives hybrid bonuses and the only other option is tri stat where your hp is already very high due to tri glyphs on armor. Do 1 spell damage, 1 weapon damage, 1 tri recovery. This is the only boost to sustain in the build besides Repentence and Rune Focus and stam from pots, as a hybrid with mostly equal drain, you should be good for sustain since you have 2 pools to pull from.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on August 2, 2021 9:36AM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • ExistingRug61
    ExistingRug61
    ✭✭✭✭

Rune Focus (Templar) - Major Resolve... Mostly here for sustain. Judging by the 5 Med suggested below with Rele and sustain for mag is already harder, I suggest the mag morph.

Since pots cover Major Savagery, you can save a slot on your bar from Camo Hunter and/or you can use Mag Jabs (which heal) over Stam Jabs (Major Savagery).

Dark Elf - No other race is as good as this option. Khajiit comes close, but with a focus on Crit Damage to get the races dps potential, hybrids are hard pressed to fully utilize it seeing as pure builds can push crit easier and farther. Straight damage from Dark Elf is much more useful.

Mundus stone, Thief.

Tri glyph on all armor pieces for free hp and even split of stam/mag (expensive, but you could put that as an end game goal). If you do this, I suggest the blue food over sugar skulls for more dps, since your hp would be around 23k I'm guessing.

Do not bother with Twice Born Star, it's a bad DPS hybrid set and doesn't work for Front Bar.

Body set is hard..you want a set that gives Minor Slayer, but none of them are hybrid. Your best option by far is Relequen on the body as it gives the strongest bonus for single target dps of any pve set in the game while scaling on the highest of your weapon or spell damage.

Monster slots, 2 pieces of double crit set items (slimecraw/gundlewolf) in both light for 5M/2L OR 1 Slimecraw + Kilt in groups (6M/1L).

Back bar, your choice depending on your favourite between BRP DW (Blade Cloak - pretty nice for hybrids, 6% damage done, mitigation and 20% aoe mitigation), MA Bow (Volley), MA Fire Staff (Blockade). Everything else doesn't offer a ton of pve dps for back bar options.

Front bar, most likely DW as your best option, every bonus is hybrid (besides the cost reduction). You're in melee range for Jabs spamming anyway. Double Daggers is great, stack that crit. Nirn main hand, precise or sharpenned offhand depending on where you want your pen to be.

With 2 light and cp you have 2578 pen, 1 sharpened weapon might be ideal for a base of about 4k pen. With major/minor breach you have an extra 9k, so 13k. Crusher enchant + the new aoe debuff tank set covers the remaining 5.2k pen you need for a group setting.

Jewelry, 100% bloodthristy as it gives hybrid bonuses and the only other option is tri stat where your hp is already very high due to tri glyphs on armor. Do 1 spell damage, 1 weapon damage, 1 tri recovery. This is the only boost to sustain in the build besides Repentence and Rune Focus and stam from pots, as a hybrid with mostly equal drain, you should be good for sustain since you have 2 pools to pull from.
    @MashmalloMan
    Couldn’t you go up to 5 light pieces (4 with kilt) by going relequen jewellery, chest and legs?
    Would this be better due to increasing crit via armour and being able to change the offhand to precise? (would it be enough to overcome the slight loss to rele from lower damage?)

[side note: what about bahsei on body instead of relequen? As a hybrid it may be possible, but quite finicky, to empty mag fast and keep the mag basically empty with a semi dynamic rotation. Although could give issues in execute as beam is cheap]
    Edited by ExistingRug61 on August 2, 2021 10:39AM
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Mundus stone, Thief.

@MashmalloMan
    Couldn’t you go up to 5 light pieces (4 with kilt) by going relequen jewellery, chest and legs?
    Would this be better due to increasing crit via armour and being able to change the offhand to precise? (would it be enough to overcome the slight loss to rele from lower damage?)

[side note: what about bahsei on body instead of relequen? As a hybrid it may be possible, but quite finicky, to empty mag fast and keep the mag basically empty with a semi dynamic rotation. Although could give issues in execute as beam is cheap]

NICE didn't even consider that. I'm so used to only collecting 5 body to make collecting sets simpler.. but as a hybrid build that is definitely what you should do. 4 lgiht, 3 med would be what I'd do. With your spammable as mag and probably your execute as mag with jesus beam, the mag cost reduction/regen is worth more than the stam as well, and yeah, precise instead of sharpened that way which is much better.

For bahsei.. idk really. I personally don't enjoy the mechanic of that set and I think it'd be a little hard to do with a hybrid since you're pulling from 2 pools you'll have your resources doing this kinda.. roller coaster act as you use mag for awhile than stam, etc. You could add a mag burn skill like some people do.. but honestly, I'm willing to bet Relequen still does better single target dps without any management required. Keep in mind, 15% is only applicable if you had 1% of your bar. You're probably going to want to hover around 20% which is like 11-13% damage done which places it very close to the damage done bonus you'd get from a set like Kinra's OR Tooth of Lokkestiiz and look at how stam dps handle those sets. Tooth was used as a front bar set with Rele on the body for a few years until Kinra's came out to replace it, instead of Tooth being on the body, meaning the 10% damage must be less than Rele's dot.

But, worth testing. Bahsei would definitely do better aoe dps.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on August 2, 2021 7:24PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Bl4ckR3alm93
    Bl4ckR3alm93
    ✭✭✭

YouTubers on Hybrid StamDK with two-handed and flame staff are hitting over 100k on 21m Dummy. The damage is insane and they have Molten Armaments that give you and the entire group Major Sorcery, Major Brutality, and Minor Brutality ( Earthen Heart Passive ).
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hybrids are only competitive. Pure builds will always be meta.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi
    İ want to make a hybrid character. Recent changes game developers also took steps towards hybritizarion of newly introduced sets and this type of build. İ am still theory crafting. My biggest cıncern is after next patch pelinal changes i seem to need hybrid mundus for weapon and spell damage. Hybrid enchants for jewellery and a hybrid skill that can provide major sorcery and brutality. Also some other skills that provide major bugfs are not hybrid either like fighters guild major weapon crit and mages guild major spell crit buffs but those can be handled by bar swapping
    Any suggestions?

Pelinal's was overrated, in my opinion. I have hybrids wearing:

New Moon Acolyte + Shacklebreaker (Redguard)
    New Moon Acolyte + Heartland Conquerer (Imperial)
    New Moon Acolyte + Ancient Dragonguard (High Elf)

My next two are still works in progress. I might use Innate Axiom on one if I can figure out the issue of healing.