The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Coldharbour-"Cliffs of Failure" Quest choice{SPOILER}

Blinx
Blinx
✭✭✭✭✭
Malog Bal's failed accomplaces compete in a game hosted by the Observer, to get back into his good graces using lost Mages from the Guild as pawns, & you must win to free them, whom did you pick?

Coldharbour-"Cliffs of Failure" Quest choice{SPOILER} 85 votes

Angof the Undying
77%
BlueRavenvailjohn_ESOLisaSgtPepperUKDarkstorneCoatmagicApoAlaiaKhenarthiSheezabeastMalthorneadriant1978starkerealmHurbsterkip_silverwolfGhanima_AtreidesIluvrienInaMoonlightDjennkuCendrillion21agegarton 66 votes
High Kinlady Estre
16%
OlauronFolkbSmitch_59AntonShanshezofArtim_XSirPawsjoergingerCrims0n_Ren3gadecpt_n3m0Orion_89BlinxVicereeveKhajiitWarriston 14 votes
Thalik Wormfather
0%
I don't do quests
0%
All at one point or another
5%
AH93phaneub17_ESOAetherderiusRaddlemanNumber7Qagh 5 votes
  • Blinx
    Blinx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    High Kinlady Estre
    I chose Angof the first time I did it, because I was DC, but he just seemed kind of bland once in Coldharbour, Estre I find entertaining, should have chosen her first time as well, and this Worm Father wasn't even in the running for me, I found him boring from the get go.
  • Lintashi
    Lintashi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Angof the Undying
    I did this quest 3 times: 2 Angof, 1 Estre, 0 Thalik. Angof is the only reasonable choice for me, because he shows remorse and tries to save the mage assigned to him, tries not to be cruel. Estre is narcissistic witch, as she always was, but one character I had was roleplaying a secret crush on Naemon, so character decided to save her in his memory. As for Thalik, I was having " who is this guy even?" reaction when I saw him, totally forgettable character.
  • Blinx
    Blinx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    High Kinlady Estre
    I'm just glad I got to save all the mages this time around, I didn't have persuade skill the first time I did it.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Angof the Undying
    Lintashi wrote: »
    I did this quest 3 times: 2 Angof, 1 Estre, 0 Thalik. Angof is the only reasonable choice for me, because he shows remorse and tries to save the mage assigned to him, tries not to be cruel. Estre is narcissistic witch, as she always was, but one character I had was roleplaying a secret crush on Naemon, so character decided to save her in his memory. As for Thalik, I was having " who is this guy even?" reaction when I saw him, totally forgettable character.

Thalik's a miniboss from The Rift storyline. I, legit, cannot remember what he does aside from setting the Giant loose.
  • Supertonicbaker
    Supertonicbaker
    ✭✭✭
    Angof the Undying
    I always choose Angof as he’s in direct opposition to Molag Bal. And there can only be one god of brutality and domination, and that’s ME! He’s my competition and all those opposing DuckieDuck McSqueaks must fall!

Yeah, I play the game but I make up my own stories in my head while doing so as I don’t actually read the quests. It’s more interesting and cohesive this way.
  • kip_silverwolf
    kip_silverwolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Angof the Undying
    Angof everytime, because I love his voice! :smiley:
    "I'm going to live forever..or at least die trying"

drunken Nord & Tamriel streaker since Arena

• Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't remember.
    Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
    ESO plus status: Cancelled
    ESO currently uninstalled.
  • Blinx
    Blinx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    High Kinlady Estre
    whichever villain you chose now resides in "House of Darkness" in Coldharbour, at the Shining Star Estre's complaining about not having servants if you chose her, not sure if Angof is anywhere else besides the House.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Angof the Undying
    Angof everytime, because I love his voice! :smiley:

Angof's the only character there that shows any real growth from when you met him in the main quest, including some reflection on the harm he caused. He's easily the most interesting option of the three. And, yeah, the voice actor does a fantastic job.
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Angof the Undying
    Angof since he showed remorse and I can't remember whether it was a persuade or threaten option to release all 3 of the mage guild people as well.

All I remember was it was something like saying I would keep screwing with the observers games till he released them all.
  • Aetherderius
    Aetherderius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Depends on how the character I'm playing would choose.

So it's either power-hungry baddie, or remorseful-baddie. Racist-baddie can stay there.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a little confused by why Estre is there, she was a Mehrunes Dagon follower as it was hinted on in Auridon quests, I thought even though she failed and died, she would go to his realm in death not to Molag Bal. Unless there's something about Coldharbour that draws all souls to it?
  • Gadget4
    Gadget4
    ✭✭✭
    Angof the Undying
    Along with the mages, I’ve only ever saved Angof, he’s the only one that shows remorse for his past actions.
    PS5 EU (UK)
    PS5 NA
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Angof the Undying
    I have made myself Thalik before, big regret. If I ever do it on another character again I'll pick Estre just to do it once. But, Angof is by far the superior choice. Better voice acting, less irritating personality, and shows real character growth with his genuine remorse for his actions.

The other two learned jack all.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on July 28, 2021 11:11AM
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    High Kinlady Estre
    Kinlagy Estre is the most likable of all the antagonists. The best thing is, our goals are the same. She did everything for the well-being of altmer people, we (as an Eye of the Queen) did everything for the well-being of altmer people. She reminds me of Archibald Ironfist from Might and Magic 7 in her attitude to losing.
    I got a little confused by why Estre is there, she was a Mehrunes Dagon follower as it was hinted on in Auridon quests, I thought even though she failed and died, she would go to his realm in death not to Molag Bal. Unless there's something about Coldharbour that draws all souls to it?
    There is a dialogue about it, she has made more pacts (and broke more pacts) with daedra lords than it is possible to Dovahkiin from Skyrim. She sold her soul to so many powers that they would never agree who should get her soul after all (and if we free her, she returns to life and plan to live on Auridon).
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • Jamerth
    Jamerth
    ✭✭✭
    Angof the Undying
    Angof. He is actually trying to repent for his past mistakes, while the other two are just [snip]

[edited for filter bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on July 28, 2021 12:32PM
  • JoDiMageio
    JoDiMageio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Angof the Undying
    My main (DC) is is the only character who played through the MQ, and I chose Angof as he was the only one who genuinely seemed like he wanted to repent for his deeds.

No matter what faction my other toons play for, if I were to run through the MQ with them, I would never choose Estre; she is selfish and egotistical, a true narcissist, and in general represents everything I dislike about the Altmer.

As for Thallik, he works directly with the Worm Cult, and he can be punished by his master for all I care; he deserves it. If I were to play through with my necromancer (aspiring lich), though, she would probably choose him.
  • TiaFrye
    TiaFrye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Angof the Undying
    Angof all the way.
    Blinx wrote: »
    whichever villain you chose now resides in "House of Darkness" in Coldharbour, at the Shining Star Estre's complaining about not having servants if you chose her, not sure if Angof is anywhere else besides the House.

He's in front of the bank, admiring the view on the city gardens.
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I feel like I chose Angof, maybe for the reasons others mentioned, but I really don't remember for sure.
  • Blinx
    Blinx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    High Kinlady Estre
    bmnoble wrote: »
    I can't remember whether it was a persuade or threaten option to release all 3 of the mage guild people as well.

All I remember was it was something like saying I would keep screwing with the observers games till he released them all.

you know I probably was wrong, and it was threaten, I had neither skill then, threaten makes more sense, i just know I felt bad leaving 2 behind the first time, same feeling I had when chosing which Mage to leave behind in the Soul-Meld Mage quest.
  • Blinx
    Blinx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    High Kinlady Estre
    next play thru I'm just taking the mages, leaving all the Villains behind,

Angof showed remorse yet that doesn't change the fact he murdered many, in that regard he's no better than any of them,
    as his chosen mage says: "The *** who tried to destroy Glenumbra picks me a Breton. Of all the arrogance and gall!

• Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Angof the Undying
    I can't see myself choosing anyone but Angof, since as many have said he's the only one who has any kind of remorse about his past transgressions and isn't just doubling down on the ebilness. I actually wish we could get some followup on his mission to find a way to end his curse and screw over Molag Bal.

Since my main character is DC, she also didn't know anything about the other two, other than something something racist and something something Worm Cult. So the other two didn't give me/her much to work with, and even after doing their questlines I'm not too impressed by them. It also provided an opportunity for some juicy inner conflict about freeing someone who had done awful things in her homeland, especially given her burgeoning feelings for a certain Camlorn native. And angst is always fun.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA