The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

7.1.2 Leyawiin Wall, Windowed Castle Changes

Baracuta90
Baracuta90
✭✭✭
I approve of consistency between furnishings, and it's ultimately good that the window is on both sides.

HOWEVER, having one side WITHOUT a window let us have just a wall, which was REALLY nice for a lot of big structures.

I beg of you, please make a furnishing that is the exact same wall but -without- the windows. Maybe call it "Leyawiin Wall, Castle". Quite vital to a few building projects I have planned. The windows are nice, but having ONLY windows available make long stretches of walls look awkward.
The Dad-Cat
  • TaigaStrider
    TaigaStrider
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. Having a plain wall furnishing looked really nice. I hope one gets brought back.
    In-Game Username - @WanderMyst
    EP Roleplayer
    Primary RP Guild: House Tavari

Nahrani - Khajiit - Melancholic and Conservative Dres Slave
    Hugs-Like-Steel - Argonian - Dres Hireling & Ex-Telvanni Battlemage with Power Issues
    Xul-Deelith - Argonian - Fate-Cursed Archein & Dres Vanguard
    Tarvyn Verelnim - Dunmer - Idealistic Imperial City Survivor & Indoril Mercenary
    Shanji Marsh-Boots - Khajiit - Marsh-Rot-Afflicted Former AD Vanguard in Operation Merciful Reduction
    Ja'Khari - Khajiit - Child-Prodigy Marsh Cartographer & Information Broker
    Nelanwen the Raven - Altmer - Narcissistic Former AD Sentry in Operation Merciful Reduction
    Twendil - Altmer - Former AD Shiphand in Operation Merciful Reduction & Shanty-Singing Operator of the Happy Hulkynd
    Cotter Georick - Breton - Simple-Minded Miner
    Celsus Scotti - Imperial - Overweight, Embezzling, Pacifistic, Alteration-Casting Imperial Geographical Society Member
    Mouse - Khajiit - Former AD Assassin in Operation Merciful Reduction & Skooma-Addicted Beggar
    Parvus Viro - Imperial/Bosmer - A Very Short Resolute of Stendarr and Apologist of Man

"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible." - Farengar Secret-Fire
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, a wall completely without windows and one with windows would be the most useful and make sense. Or they could just make the windows a separate little furnishing (since they're not functional windows anyway), but that's probably a lot more to change by now.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Baracuta90
    Baracuta90
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be fine even if they reverted the change they made. Honestly, I got a lot more use out of the plain wall than the window.
    The Dad-Cat
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd really like someone to fix the bizarre window in the grand psijic manor.

What is going on here?

internal window?!?
    b1tud8ypj6rg.png

light from internal window???
    gk6y5mjq4s5k.png

sky outside internal window?
    1mk6ktjcdfqb.png

what is going on here?
  • Baracuta90
    Baracuta90
    ✭✭✭
    No idea, but that probably belongs in Housing Bugs
    The Dad-Cat
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You point out there is no simple wall, "vital" to building projects. While I agree with you, I can't see how a simple roof is less vital. Also there are no ceiling tiles, like the ones we see in the castles in Blackwood (no ceiling tiles at all). The wall has a small window, however, it doesn't shine light like a proper window (like the stained glass antiquity or the vampire window).

There are so many essential building blocks still missing. It is quite sad after so many years to see that they still release just a few items (true, there are more than in the previous years, but it takes so long)
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Baracuta90
    Baracuta90
    ✭✭✭
    I am hopeful for proper ceiling pieces, but right now my concern is this wall. All I'm asking for before launch of Update 31.
    The Dad-Cat
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh I didnt realize they had to fix that... I actually like the option without the window on one side, so thay the wall is more versatile, and can be used either way, depending on the build.
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    Oh I didnt realize they had to fix that... I actually like the option without the window on one side, so thay the wall is more versatile, and can be used either way, depending on the build.

why when I see no issue in adding a separate piece as furnishing? the assets are already in the game
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Baracuta90
    Baracuta90
    ✭✭✭
    kind_hero wrote: »
    Jaimeh wrote: »

why when I see no issue in adding a separate piece as furnishing? the assets are already in the game

I'd be good with either or, to be honest. Reverting the change or making another furnishing. Obviously I'd prefer two different furnishings, but I'd prefer the options that a windowless side would provide.
    The Dad-Cat
  • RemanCyrodiil_I
    RemanCyrodiil_I
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -
    Edited by RemanCyrodiil_I on April 20, 2022 5:10PM
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too hard to make two furnishings. Don't like windows? Too bad.

It's almost like a passive/aggressive change. Complain because we put a window on one side? Ok, have a window on BOTH sides, muahahahhahh! No plain walls for you!
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Baracuta90
    Baracuta90
    ✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    Too hard to make two furnishings. Don't like windows? Too bad.

It's almost like a passive/aggressive change. Complain because we put a window on one side? Ok, have a window on BOTH sides, muahahahhahh! No plain walls for you!

I wouldn't call it passive-aggressive, or assume foul intent. I mean, it is TECHNICALLY good to have a window on both sides for consistency. But the main use I got from the wall was the plain side, and I would have preferred plain castle walls instead of windows, as much as I appreciate the window. I mean, if the window is only on one side, we can merge two together and flip one around so it's on both sides.
    The Dad-Cat
  • Baracuta90
    Baracuta90
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Any chance we could have a word back on this?
    The Dad-Cat
  • Baracuta90
    Baracuta90
    ✭✭✭
    At the very least, I would like the change to be reverted. Those blank castle walls were REALLY nice!
    The Dad-Cat
  • Baracuta90
    Baracuta90
    ✭✭✭
    Even if we got -some- kind of an answer before it goes live, I'd be happy.
    The Dad-Cat
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We need so many generic and basic building components it's not funny. Walls, floors, doors, ceilings, doorways, windows...it's ridiculous that in all this time ZOS hasn't bothered to provide the basic structures that can be used to make or alter a house of any racial design. If they can't be asked to make these things in the ten original racial styles, then at the very least make a series of them in a generic design so it doesn't look so awkward and out of place to use X style components in a Y style house.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arunei wrote: »
    We need so many generic and basic building components it's not funny. Walls, floors, doors, ceilings, doorways, windows...it's ridiculous that in all this time ZOS hasn't bothered to provide the basic structures that can be used to make or alter a house of any racial design. If they can't be asked to make these things in the ten original racial styles, then at the very least make a series of them in a generic design so it doesn't look so awkward and out of place to use X style components in a Y style house.

Been waiting years for dark gray stone to match Pariah's Pinnacle, Ebonheart Chateau, Daggerfall Overlook, and other similar dark construction themes, but ZOS only seems willing to give us various red/green/gold/white shades of sandstone to work with for some reason.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.