The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Can we have a buff/food that increases the drop rate of Monster Trophies?

elven.were_wolf
elven.were_wolf
✭✭✭✭
I have done Master Angler before there was the Luxury of the Pickled Fish Arteaum Dish or the New Champion Point Star that increases fish drop rate, and fishing has became a much faster and less painful endeavor than it has been a couple of years ago. However, fishing has never and will never be the pain that is Monster Trophy Farming. So would ZOS consider giving a hand with Monster Trophies just like they did with fishing? Pretty please with sprinkles on top? :D
Achievement hunter and secret admirer of Naryu Virian.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Played this game for years. Done Cadwell's Silver and Gold, pretty much all dlcs/chapters and some farming. Still have only completed the Dwemer one :|
    In some I'm just missing 1 or 2 trophies but in others half or more.

Just increase the damn drop chance on these minor achievments that is supposed to reward "common" dyes.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • elven.were_wolf
    elven.were_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Played this game for years. Done Cadwell's Silver and Gold, pretty much all dlcs/chapters and some farming. Still have only completed the Dwemer one :|

Just increase the damn drop chance on these minor achievments that is supposed to reward "common" dyes.

I have been playing this game since it launched on Console, and I have been actively going after them on and off for years, but they drop rates on them just got so exhausting that I stopped (yes, I’m talking to you Crypt Jar and Wraith Shackle).
    I remember asking a couple of years ago if they could just increase the drop rate as they’d work as a higher quality trash drop and a nice bonus bit of gold, but that was four years from now I think, and well that never happened :\
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Very true. I've unlocked loads of zone dyes, skill line dyes, dungeon dyes and pvp dyes -- I don't think I've unlocked a single one of these "common" trophy dyes.

If and when I ever do -- there's no way those colors are worth it.
    PC NA
  • Indigogo
    Indigogo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the one thing that sways me into wanting account wide achievements.
    Getting an elusive monster trophy on an alt, just, arghhhh. Such a waste.

I love the creative idea of a food that helps with drops!
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have all the trophies already, but I was helping my friend get the mammoth tooth one yesterday. I got 5 mammoth teeth trophies in the two hours we farmed and he got nothing haha

I think a food item for the droprate would be pretty cool for this. I also think the trophies should sell for 10k each instead of 250g. They're rare enough to be worth 10k.
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • what_the
    what_the
    ✭✭✭
    I think a food item for the droprate would be pretty cool for this. I also think the trophies should sell for 10k each instead of 250g. They're rare enough to be worth 10k.
    apparently not...
    I got 5 mammoth teeth trophies in the two hours we farmed and he got nothing haha

• elven.were_wolf
    elven.were_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Indigogo wrote: »

I think it would suite as a Witches Festival food! Since it’s related to monsters. The description could be “Under the effect of this food, unique variants of monsters seem to be attracted to you” or “under the effect of this food, monsters seem to drop interesting loot…”
  • Sheridan
    Sheridan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have been playing ESO for 7 years since the very start, and Trophies is the only section that I still have zero achievements. :) Something is definitely wrong here...
  • Snaggel
    Snaggel
    ✭✭✭
    Would love to get something that increases my chances of finally getting that Mammoth Bone so I can have all of my monster hunter achievements complete.

By the way, there are certain places where chances of monster trophies dropping are significantly higher if not guaranteed, but that doesn't apply to every trophy. And some trophies are just much easier to come by because they can drop from dungeon mobs or a very common foe type (skeletons for example) whereas some enemies are so rare you have to go and specifically hunt them, usually in overland zones with low mob densities and long respawn timers (Mammoths, Wamasu, Wraiths, Nereids, etc.) which makes farming them a pain with such stupidly low drop rate that I think were balanced around the more common foe types.

I was so glad when I got monster trophies for these rare mobs because I knew I got incredibly lucky... except for mammoth of course, which I am still farming for in some spots in The Rift.
  • Shawn_PT
    Shawn_PT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come on... I have all the trophies on at least one character, and most my alts are probably over halfway into getting them all as well (currently chasing after the Spider Crown for my.... 6th dude). It's not that bad. Just takes a lot of patience :tongue:

And some knowledge of where the right enemies can be found in large numbers.

I think I even got this before I got Master Angler too.
    Edited by Shawn_PT on July 20, 2021 7:12AM
  • elven.were_wolf
    elven.were_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shawn_PT wrote: »
    Come on... I have all the trophies on at least one character, and most my alts are probably over halfway into getting them all as well (currently chasing after the Spider Crown for my.... 6th dude). It's not that bad. Just takes a lot of patience :tongue:

No, you just enjoy pain or have the patience of a saint XD
    Edited by elven.were_wolf on July 20, 2021 8:48AM
  • MajThorax
    MajThorax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good idea. It took me 1 year actively killing werewolves for their monster trophy. I don't have the courage to pursue the rest :'(
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    what_the wrote: »
    apparently not...
    I got 5 mammoth teeth trophies in the two hours we farmed and he got nothing haha

I think you're making a joke, but I'll say anyway, when I farmed all the trophies, I probably averaged about one trophy every two hours. Some took me 5-15 hours of farming, some took me only ten minutes.
    My friend has been looking for the mammoth trophy for 8 hours. The five that I got in two hours was obviously ridiculously unlikely.
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I've been playing since closed beta, and despite that the only one I have complete is the Dwemer one as well. And I've been playing pretty much straight, save for about six months when I couldn't afford the sub fee and didn't start playing again until the game went B2P. I've taken like two breaks that were roughly 2-3 months long. Aside from that I play all the time. It's absolutely ridiculous that items are so rare that there are people like us who've been playing steadily have this problem. A lot of these trophies seem even more rare than things like Aetherial Ciphers, since iirc those can at least come from any harvestable node, whereas these trophies only drop from specific mobs.

You are the exception, not the rule, and your anecdotal evidence doesn't trump that numerous people have been playing for years without getting any of the Trophy achieves aside from the Dwemer one (and maybe not even that one). My main character I use for general questing, farming, crafting, Antiquities, the character I have most every Skyshard on, who I've got hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of play time on (since again I've been here since closed beta, which also means I've been here from launch, and this character has existed since launch) ONLY has the Dwemer one unlocked. For the other categories I have only a few left to collect, in other categories I've only managed to get a few. And I play ESO a LOT, so it's not like I'm only playing a handful of hours every week or something.

You cannot tell us "it's not that bad" or "it takes a bit of patience". The drop rates on these things are horrendous if in YEARS of actively playing several hours a day, you have one of the achieves in that group.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This has "That happened" feelings. So tell us, @Shawn_PT , where are these supposed right enemies?
  • Shawn_PT
    Shawn_PT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Screenshot_20210720_180139.png

Oh look, ask and you shall receive! :tongue:

Depends. Let me know what you're looking for and I'll try and point you the right way.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends. Let me know what you're looking for and I'll try and point you the right way.

Clearly going by people in this discussion. All.
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Fantastic post, used that when I got the rest of mine earlier this year.

Yes it took much, much longer than fishing even with over half of them done already. A food to help would be a brilliant idea.

Also think there should be a cool title for getting them all done!
    PS4 EU
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indigogo wrote: »

They used to be a consumable that you could bank and use on a different character, but they changed it. I think it was causing issues on console.

I got the Flawless Tailfeather on 2 alts before I got it on my main collector. It became a running joke in my guild.

I"m still looking for a few of them, but I only farm them on and off.
    The Moot Councillor
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Funny this would appear, been trying to wrap this up with a bow for the last few weeks... It was shameful that after all this time I still did not have the dyes unlocked.

One achievement left now, but if i don't have to ever kill a harpy or a wasp again it will be too soon.

A food that increases the odds would be nice, even if is as expensive to cook as the artaeum fishing one.

Some of the drops are absurdly grindy.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Playing since 2015, still the majority of Monster Trophies is incomplete by one or two pieces at the very least. Since the drop rate has always been kinda horrendus, I stopped caring about those achievements long ago.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what_the wrote: »
    apparently not...

I think you're making a joke, but I'll say anyway, when I farmed all the trophies, I probably averaged about one trophy every two hours. Some took me 5-15 hours of farming, some took me only ten minutes.
    My friend has been looking for the mammoth trophy for 8 hours. The five that I got in two hours was obviously ridiculously unlikely.

The ogres Toe Ring took me many many months to finally get. I wasn't concentrating on getting the toe ring every night but any time I was waiting on groups to form or didn't feel like doing PvP or trials I was killing Ogres. I killed thousands of them. I'm kind of surprised they didn't end up on an endangered species list. It is RNG. Other trophies I got not even realizing I got them.
    That said I don't think we need to make them easier to find. Eventually I will get them all. Might be nice if your first trophy sold for more gold.
    Would also be kind of cool if we could display a trophy or two in our homes.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think a title is well deserved for this achievement.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've been here since 2014, my main, who has every quest completed, every skyshard, every dungeon quest and a whole TON of achievements, lacks most of these.

Might have something to do with the drop rate of 0 for the first three years of the game, when I was doing the most questing on that character. And now that she's a tank "grinding" even overland enemies is a pain. A very slow painful grind.

That lovely spiders crown? Yep, killed that very mob for at least 10 hours, never got even 1. I don't have the time now to spend chasing dyes that are so... awful. Some people should learn what RNG means, and that just because monster trophies drop like candy for YOU doesn't mean they do for EVERYONE. I've tried grinding for the few trophies I'm missing over the years - they NEVER drop, no matter how many hours, what mobs, with a group, solo, etc. I've gotten them on other characters, just not the one "main" I stupidly collected all the other achievements on.
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on July 20, 2021 11:59PM
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I still need two for my main achievement hunter, the one from Wamasu and from Gargoyle.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, I've farmed the things listed on that old list many many times. No luck. I only get the trophies I already have.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The RNG can be comical. I farmed off and on for daaays to get the luminous bloodsac. I finally got one after a lot of toil. Then, a few days later I went on a fishing trip with a couple friends and pulled like a dozen of them in an hour and a half.

They really. . .really need to fix their RNG. It shouldn't be this lopsided.

Now I contemplate how it is with all the ghosts we have to kill in this game that I've never seen ectoplasmic discharge.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been playing since just after Beta so about 8 years and I still need 7 of the monster trophies. Since my main has completed everything else, she actively farms these alot with no luck. I farmed the ice vertebra in the public dungeon in Eastmarch. I killed all the ice wraiths over and over and over again, and not only did I not get the trophy but I did not get any loot at all. Not one ice wraith had loot. I don't even want to think about how many mammoths I've killed for no tooth. I love the idea of a food or drink that would increase the drop rate.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Its_MySniff
    Its_MySniff
    ✭✭✭
    Haha, yes, the extra help would be nice. I need two or three in a few of those categories. I never try to farm them and often wonder what I missed by not checking loot. When I finally clear them I'll feel happy just long enough to look at the 31k points I have and realize I'll never hit 40k achievement points.But I feel compelled to push onward, with or without food. Happy hunting.