The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Werewolf is so beyond broken that it pains me to enter the imperial city

Fawn4287
Fawn4287
✭✭✭✭✭
The IC is about the only place to get smaller scale fights without the gamebreaking lag that has completely destroyed cyrodil. The main problem is the sheer number of werewolves in there. They have 35-40k health making them entirely burst proof to most normal builds, they have more tankyness than a necro, the mobility of a stam sorc far more healing than any class in the game and far more damage than any equivalently tanky build could ever hope to put out whilst having it all on 1 bar. This wouldn’t be a major issue if it was like EVERY OTHER TRANSFORMATION ULTIMATE IN THE GAME, but werewolf is built without equal having essentially an infinite up time if always in combat, which in the IC is pretty hard not to be. This ultimate needs to either be significantly nerfed or be normalised and limited to 20 seconds of uptime like all other ults in its style. Its absurd how such a terrible player can be so incredibly formidable on a werewolf and be nothing more than a minor speed bump on literally anything else. Give the werewolf roleplayers some visual transformation memento and stop letting this plague destroy PvP balance.
  • Sluggy
    Sluggy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They really are nowhere near as powerful as they have been in the past. We don't have the 6k hp regen tick wolves nor do we have the perma-bleed-ignores-all-your-armor wolves. These days 35-40k is considered just about the bare minimum for most people to even think about entering Cyrodiil and sets that help keep mitigation high are being used everywhere. With literal one-shot sorcs and nightblades sitting around every corner (especially in IC) it's no wonder they'd go in there tanked to high hell and back lol

Long-story-short, in my opinion, I think they are strong enough to be trouble when in the right hands but I'd say they are far from the walking death machines they once were. And isn't that really where it should be?
  • Zekka
    Zekka
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I have not seen a dangerous werewolf in while on PC-EU so I don't understand the complaints about them here.
    Right now they either have good damage but fold in 3 hits or are 40k hp unkillable 1v1 tanks but completely pillow fisted (pillow pawed?).
  • ThePianist
    ThePianist
    ✭✭✭
    [snip] You know whats more cringey? EP streamers who go behind enemy lines, 3 bars AD or 3 bars DC, proceeds to take a resource and gets "zerged" aka clapped. Then calls everyone zergling.

[snip] Werewolf lost its passive bleed light attacks (except for berserker), lost its regen, lost its 10k armor, now you're asking to complete destroy the playstyle. You ran into some very good ww mains. I get it, its your fantasy and you don't like your fantasy being messed with[snip]. At some point, zos sales team is going to have a meeting with zos balancing team on why WW isn't making any sales. When WW does get buffed. thats something you're gonna have to live with.

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 19, 2021 10:28AM
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ThePianist wrote: »
    [snip] You know whats more cringey? EP streamers who go behind enemy lines, 3 bars AD or 3 bars DC, proceeds to take a resource and gets "zerged" aka clapped. Then calls everyone zergling.

[snip] Werewolf lost its passive bleed light attacks (except for berserker), lost its regen, lost its 10k armor, now you're asking to complete destroy the playstyle. You ran into some very good ww mains. I get it, its your fantasy and you don't like your fantasy being messed with[sinp]. At some point, zos sales team is going to have a meeting with zos balancing team on why WW isn't making any sales. When WW does get buffed. thats something you're gonna have to live with.

> Very good
    > Werewolf mains
    Pick one

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 19, 2021 10:29AM
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get on anything other than a werewolf and casually hit 7k spammables whilst having 40k HP then burst heal your entire healthbar in 2 spammable heals. Werewolves nearly all run heavy armour yet have as much mobility as a medium armour stamsorc with their sprint speed bonus and gapclose attached to their spammable. Wardens health based heal that carried it for several patches was gutted and still wasn’t as OP as werewold howl. Heavy attack passives + werewolf heavy attack stam return are insane Ive never seen a werewolf run out of stam in a 1v1. The build has 10% damage mitigation, 18% bonus weapon damage plus 30% extra stamina… try and get anything close to that with set pieces. that is far better than vampire ultimate buffs and it doesn’t last anywhere near 20 seconds. The only people that think werewolf isn’t OP are either in denial or werwolf mains afraid of their crutch being nerfed. The ultimate just needs to be changed to 250 cost and last 20 seconds and werewolves will be a non issue after a sensible time is done.
  • Elo106
    Elo106
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got to say wolfes dont seem that great after the (deserved) nerfes. Still annoying for sure, a pack of them can still hurt but with the reduced armor and hp regen not op anymore. Also if you have poison damage they straight up melt
  • chuckythexii
    chuckythexii
    ✭✭
    I think the reason why everyone seems to think that WW and Tankiness in general is so OP is because of appearances. When fighting them all they see is the health bar, but not the resource bars. You could be ten seconds away from killing something but not realize it because their resources are depleted and they cant use their "spammable" heal anymore. They aren't OP you just don't realize what you are doing wrong [snip]

[edited for baiting]

Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 19, 2021 10:31AM
  • Iriidius
    Iriidius
    ✭✭✭
    Fawn4287 wrote: »

[snip] Werewolf lost its passive bleed light attacks (except for berserker), lost its regen, lost its 10k armor, now you're asking to complete destroy the playstyle. You ran into some very good ww mains. I get it, its your fantasy and you don't like your fantasy being messed with[sinp]. At some point, zos sales team is going to have a meeting with zos balancing team on why WW isn't making any sales. When WW does get buffed. thats something you're gonna have to live with.

> Very good
    > Werewolf mains
    Pick one

[edited to remove quote]

That is probably your problem

• Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They aren’t what they used to be they are just tanks with a bit more damage and utility than the average perm block build. Its usually just the 1 bar potato zergling build that turns someone who is borderline useless in to an annoyance.

This you?
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huh, when someone transforms I usually just assume they're ready to die. After a dawnbreaker, while they're running around healing, I'm spamming 7-8k silver leashes into them.
    I'd love to play WW myself, and it's one of the reasons I created a stam sorc as my very first character (15% ulti cost reduction), but the truth is they just suck. Yes you can build to be a bulky wolf, but you hit like a wet noodle and run low on resources pretty quickly because of how expensive their skills are.
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Huh, when someone transforms I usually just assume they're ready to die. After a dawnbreaker, while they're running around healing, I'm spamming 7-8k silver leashes into them.
    I'd love to play WW myself, and it's one of the reasons I created a stam sorc as my very first character (15% ulti cost reduction), but the truth is they just suck. Yes you can build to be a bulky wolf, but you hit like a wet noodle and run low on resources pretty quickly because of how expensive their skills are.

I think the only way I've managed with my Stamcro WW was that I just hang in groups of wolves and that helps some. There's some interesting builds that can make WW powerful, but no where near as soul crushing as the OP makes it sound, so it's indeed a bit of an exaggeration on their part.
  • ThePianist
    ThePianist
    ✭✭✭
    The same nerf werewolf talking points keep showing up over and over again. "WW allows low skill players to outperform"- this is a mislabeling. If WW this patch does require low skill level, then I should be seeing hundreds of WW players in Cyrodiil primetime where each faction has 3 bars.

The people who cry nerf WW have never acknowledged a possible fact that they ran into some very good WW mains. Everyone in their eyes is a low level skilled player, you can have it.

I keep it simple. If playing a 1 bar class makes it simpler for me, then Im going to play it. If you want your experience in eso as challenging as invoker from dota 2, then knock yourself out. Some people don't have to play the game the way you play.
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The same nerf werewolf talking points keep showing up over and over again. "WW allows low skill players to outperform"- this is a mislabeling. If WW this patch does require low skill level, then I should be seeing hundreds of WW players in Cyrodiil primetime where each faction has 3 bars.

The people who cry nerf WW have never acknowledged a possible fact that they ran into some very good WW mains. Everyone in their eyes is a low level skilled player, you can have it.

I keep it simple. If playing a 1 bar class makes it simpler for me, then Im going to play it. If you want your experience in eso as challenging as invoker from dota 2, then knock yourself out. Some people don't have to play the game the way you play.

You can’t continually stay in permeant combat in cyrodil there is an actual downtime on the ult riding between keeps, in the IC there is a plethora of ads, guards and players nearly always once pounce away.
  • ThePianist
    ThePianist
    ✭✭✭

You can’t continually stay in permeant combat in cyrodil there is an actual downtime on the ult riding between keeps, in the IC there is a plethora of ads, guards and players nearly always once pounce away.

It’s imperial “city” not imperial desert, it’s supposed to be populated. And no I don’t want to stay in WW form 100% of the time while in Cyrodiil, can’t use siege, can’t put down siege, can’t grab the scroll or hammer. If I fought you in WW form and I use rocks and trees to my advantage, are you going to ask zos to nerf rocks and trees too?
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Here we go again.

Same old nerf WW thread talking about how tanky they are but don't know that WW has the SAME HP and armor as normal builds and also fail to acknowledge any of their plethora of weaknesses.

Let me help you OP. WW's build tanky because...

1) Their only heal costs 6k magicka, and scales off of MAX HP. Thats right, WW can't just stack weapon damage like normal builds, which boosts all your offense while also boosting your main heals like Vigor, which has a much higher tooltip than WW heal for your typical PvP build.

2) WW has no snare removal, snare immunity, purge, damage shields, teleport, mist form, or cloak. What this means is, you HAVE to build tanky on WW in order to survive while you are stuck in a snare, root, eating damage from DoTs, or trying to kite. Because unlike normal builds who have unique class defensive tools, damage shields, shuffle/race against time, WW literally tanks damage, can dodge, or sprint away.

In addition to this, WW skills cost so much stamina / magicka, you also have to build for sustain. If you don't build heavily into sustain, you will run out of gas extremely fast, and die easily.

For these reasons, WW is seldom seen in PvP. Dedicated players make it work and sure it can be a great build, but if you were to make a tier list of the best PvP builds in the game, WW probably wouldn't crack the top 10.

But by all means, nerf away!

• Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s imperial “city” not imperial desert, it’s supposed to be populated. And no I don’t want to stay in WW form 100% of the time while in Cyrodiil, can’t use siege, can’t put down siege, can’t grab the scroll or hammer. If I fought you in WW form and I use rocks and trees to my advantage, are you going to ask zos to nerf rocks and trees too?

An irrelevant red herring what does LOS around rocks and trees have to do with werewolf being overpowered? The issue is that werewolf is a transformation ultimate that is riddled with absurd time extension passives, a better argument would be what if I was to stay in pummeling/ravenous goliath with as long an uptime as I wanted? I would still lack the the 30% stamina boost, the 18% weapon damage and the 10% mitigation would come from a skill that needs to be active.
  • Iriidius
    Iriidius
    ✭✭✭
    Goliath makes you almost immortal while active. I have never seen a necromancy been killed while in Goliath form. It doesn’t feel like werewolf increases my tankiness at all atm. The main reason they are tanky is because they wear only tank sets. You need the 30% stamina to sustain the increased ability cost. Without the increased stamina and weapon damage howl would have the same strength as dizzy swing and you cant pair dizzy with blastbones, dawn breaker and executioner. On a Werwolf you also don’t have front bar weapon passive and backbar weapon(master bow/potentates backbar)
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I literally just watched a video of 2 absolutely terrible players on meta werewolves easily kill one of the best magplars and a good stamblade in a 2v2 on xbox NA, people keep saying “werewolf isn’t tanky” it doesn’t need to be tanky you run defensive sets on it, 30% extra stam and 18% extra weapon damage is exponentially better than any 2 damage sets you could possibly run on any class, there is literally no way for people to say werewolf isn’t insanely over powered in its current form unless you have absolutely 0 clue about balance or you are a werewolf player who doesn’t want to loose the easiest carry around.
  • ThePianist
    ThePianist
    ✭✭✭

An irrelevant red herring what does LOS around rocks and trees have to do with werewolf being overpowered? The issue is that werewolf is a transformation ultimate that is riddled with absurd time extension passives, a better argument would be what if I was to stay in pummeling/ravenous goliath with as long an uptime as I wanted? I would still lack the the 30% stamina boost, the 18% weapon damage and the 10% mitigation would come from a skill that needs to be active.

Stat based comparison is irrelevant. This is a transformation ult so therefor this transformation must also function the same way. Im surprised how no one has opened up a thread on how dawnbreaker should function the same way as Ice coment, and have a big giant sword drop from the sky "because it should be like other ultimates". You go on ahead and play kumbaya pvp, im playing pvp where there's different classes.

WW nerf ain't happening. As a matter of fact, we just got spell damage scaling for the next patch. Im optimistic enough to think that its a buff and I thank zos for it.
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stat based comparison is irrelevant. This is a transformation ult so therefor this transformation must also function the same way. Im surprised how no one has opened up a thread on how dawnbreaker should function the same way as Ice coment, and have a big giant sword drop from the sky "because it should be like other ultimates". You go on ahead and play kumbaya pvp, im playing pvp where there's different classes.

WW nerf ain't happening. As a matter of fact, we just got spell damage scaling for the next patch. Im optimistic enough to think that its a buff and I thank zos for it.

There are 3 transformation ultimates in the game, 2 of which last a total of 20 seconds and and werewolf another transformation ult that can last exponentially longer than any other similar ult in the game, once again
    there is literally no way for people to say werewolf isn’t insanely over powered in its current form unless you have absolutely 0 clue about balance or you are a werewolf player who doesn’t want to loose the easiest carry around.

• Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

There are 3 transformation ultimates in the game, 2 of which last a total of 20 seconds and and werewolf another transformation ult that can last exponentially longer than any other similar ult in the game, once again
    there is literally no way for people to say werewolf isn’t insanely over powered in its current form unless you have absolutely 0 clue about balance or you are a werewolf player who doesn’t want to loose the easiest carry around.

As a werewolf main I would invite it at this point, sure it is fun running with a pack around Cyrodiil but in all honesty not having the tools of human toons is really annoying.

So what would that like for a temporary transformation to work?

1. Weapon passives will have to carry over to werewolf form.

2. The use of two bars and the ability to use all abilities while in werewolf form.

3. Grant 10,000 magicka, Stamina, Health on transformation.

4. The ability to use werewolf abilities in human form.

5. All ability animations in the game on a werewolf, will take some time, think of cloaking werewolves, jabs or werewolves using reflective scales.

6. Reduce ability cost, some abilities will need altered reducing the the amount of effects granted from the ability. Major Brutality/savagery come to mind. Change heal to scale with primary damage stat.

7. Rework passives:
    -Take additional Fighter's guild damage all time
    -Savage strength changes to Hircine's Champion: For each werewolf ability slotted
    -gain 3% weapon damage
    -increase damage to Poison by 4%
    -reduce lycanthropy ability cost by 4%
    -Increase non werewolf ability cost by 2%

-Call of the pack, changed to natural hunter: after sprinting for 4 seconds you can detect enemies within 3m for each werewolf ability slotted.
    -Pursuit reduce sprint cost by 4% for each werewolf ability slotted.
    -Bloodrage is now Changed to Thick Hide, Gain up to 2000 armor for each werewolf ability slotted based on how full your healthbar is. (Reverse Pariah or undeath)
    -Change Pack leader to Werewolf Bohemoith w/ major protection, aura that snares nearby enemies when transformation active.
    Edited by Chrlynsch on July 21, 2021 5:31PM
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • EndOfGreen
    Tried my freshly lycantrpied templar in BGs and here's my 5 cent on it
    What I liked
    - +30% stamina and +15% stamina regen
    - Very strong heal if health is 30+k, definitely better than vigor
    - Major resolve in passives
    - No need to swap bars what can save some time
    What I disliked
    - Stamina melts like yellow snow even with 40k pool and 1600 regen
    - Unreasonable damage from poison and poison skills, dbos. My ww dies just in seconds, whereas my squishy magblade feels much tankier and can stand in a fight many times longer
    - No second bar, which means no second weapon enchant, no self buffs, no psijic skills, no defensive bar like snb or bow bar with expedition passive
    - No execute skill. Pounce is just crap with a very low tooltip
    - Everyone is focusing ww first
    - Skills very often just don't fire. I don't know if it's a bug or intentionally designed, but pounce, claws sometimes just don't work if hitting several times in a row
    To conclude, yes, in PvE my templar in ww form kills mobs much faster, but in pvp it's not even close
    Edited by EndOfGreen on August 8, 2021 2:05AM
  • finehair
    finehair
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since I switched to my dot dk with tons of bleeds and poisons, I'm not afraid of big bad wolf anymore. They melt like ice cream dropped on a sidewalk during a sunny day
  • nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina melts like snow and wolves melt like ice cream... are you two pining for a longer summer? :)
    Warning: This signature is tiny!
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EndOfGreen wrote: »
    - Everyone is focusing ww first
    :)

hahahahaha...too funny, yep, transforming during a large melee places a really big target on your toon...

build tanky and for sustain, damage will take care of itself...

also, particularly for small scale - try to hold off on transforming until you know what your fighting against...

no self purge, so poison dot builds hit hard...

best bit of advice I got reference playing a werewolf: put your build together with being a werewolf in mind, and don't forget you need mana to heal...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Skoomah lurking in this thread like..

lWyIkiR.png
    PC NA
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Transformation giving i-frames was a mistake, but regardless, the weakness of werewolves (and all other tanks), has and always will be strong DoTs provided the enemy cannot cleanse them.

CP-related:

The only problem with that, is that a simple CP star can remove DoTs and allow them, and other tanks, to keep going without having to actually invest anything "real" to gain the advantage of cleanse. The fact that the CP star is also auto-activated on it's condition and doesn't require a cast, puts it on or at a higher level than the 5-piece sets Stendarr, Wyrd, Curse Eater.

You're getting the power of an entire 5-piece set with no real disadvantage to slotting the star and it even has a smaller cooldown than Stendarr on live. What other stars allow you to gain the power of a 5-piece?

I haven't looked at the patch notes, but if that star hasn't been changed...wow. It clearly is not balanced.

No-CP related

As for no-CP, the problem stems from Werewolf being unbalanced even compared to real stam classes themselves. Find a stam class that can use so little bars, but get every buff that werewolf has + the damage, healing, and other advantages.

You'd actually be hard-pressed to do that on two bars.

That lack of balance translates to a real advantage in battle.
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »
    @Skoomah lurking in this thread like..

lWyIkiR.png

Yah caught meh riding duuuurrty!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CtwJvgPJ9xw
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ran 23 BGs over the last week. Encountered ONE werewolf, and he died a lot. If WW was this simple to use, unkillable juggernaut that also had high damage, I think you would see more of them in pvp. I have never really seen many wolves in pvp, I feel like I saw the most last year before the nerfs and even then there weren't a ton. I remember a specific patch where you saw a lot of wolves running torugs with oblivion enchants.

On the contrary, you see tons of vampires in pvp, because the passives and some of the skills are very powerful. Obviously wolves are a different playstyle choice than vamp but the point is, players will play builds that are over performing, and ww clearly isn't.

Not going to go into the lengthy list of ww weaknesses. Been said before and the wolf haters don't care.
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stx wrote: »
    Ran 23 BGs over the last week. Encountered ONE werewolf, and he died a lot. If WW was this simple to use, unkillable juggernaut that also had high damage, I think you would see more of them in pvp. I have never really seen many wolves in pvp, I feel like I saw the most last year before the nerfs and even then there weren't a ton. I remember a specific patch where you saw a lot of wolves running torugs with oblivion enchants.

On the contrary, you see tons of vampires in pvp, because the passives and some of the skills are very powerful. Obviously wolves are a different playstyle choice than vamp but the point is, players will play builds that are over performing, and ww clearly isn't.

Not going to go into the lengthy list of ww weaknesses. Been said before and the wolf haters don't care.

WW pretty much got put to bed with the last changes to armor/passives and the follow up nerf to health recovery.

Add to that the amount of damage people do right now and it's basically junk. Its fun for a minute It has no way to compete with Stage 3 Vampire mitigation and mist form. Not to mention the sheer synergy between Undeath and Pariah.

The upcoming battlespirit changes aren't going to change things much either. Due to performance and having to build for desync and error, the follow up reduction to healing received they did in tandem to the shift in less damage taken will inevitably void the theoretical push to allow people to build more dynamically/offensively.

Leaving werewolf and other non vampire builds to still sit toward the bottom of the food chain.