The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

PTS Update 31 - Feedback Thread for Housing & Furnishings

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for Housing, including the new homes (Sweetwater Cascades and Doomchar Plateau), furnishings, and functionality. Please note that Doomchar Plateau can be previewed from its entrance southwest of the Dra’bul wayshrine in Malabal Tor, but is not yet available to own. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • What did you think of the two homes currently on the PTS for testing?
  • Did you try out any of the new furnishings? Did any stand out to you?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on July 12, 2021 7:34PM
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doomchar Plateau is nice. I absolutely adore the enemies roaming around the background and the general Oblivion feel of it. I love collecting houses that take place in Oblivion; Hunter's Glade, Shalidor's, etc. So I look forward to this one too.

Molag Bal must be jealous his realm isn't as cool as Dagon's. But it's Bal's own fault for choosing ice over fire. :P

I like the lava too; we don't get very many houses where you can take a nice long lava bath (That's how Dunmer mains like me keep their skin looking nice). I like that we have ramps to help us down directly to the lava.

Another one of those "build your own home" styles. I can appreciate that.

And I bet money that this is going to be our morpholith pet house morph :smile:

I kind of wish I knew if it came with these furnishings and what furnishings they are
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love love love the water house. Want to build it in Outside World.

Know exactly what to do with it and wish to move in right now.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweetwater is very beautiful, I agree. I LOVE the fountains all over the place. And the pools overlooking Anequina is just a gorgeous view.

I can also appreciate that there's a small room up the ladder in the Tower. That way, we can trap our In-Laws I mean uh, that way our In-Laws can have a nice cozy room all to themselves without dealing with the bustle of the main house.

Joking aside, I do like it when houses have these tiny secret room/places that are "off the beaten path". It's like finding an Easter Egg.
    Edited by Wolf_Eye on July 12, 2021 8:43PM
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweetwater is awesome! A very beautiful house, and an amazing courtyard. I'm looking forward to get it!
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Given that there are 5 fragments in the collections (section named Doomchar Plateau), that Deadlands house will be the event reward (morphed from the pet).

I like Sweetwater Cascades. I fell down to death (in the air) trying to jump into the big pool on the side). The balconies are very nice.
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Olauron wrote: »
    Given that there are 5 fragments in the collections (section named Doomchar Plateau), that Deadlands house will be the event reward (morphed from the pet).

I like Sweetwater Cascades. I fell down to death (in the air) trying to jump into the big pool on the side). The balconies are very nice.

I didn't even notice that about the fragments collection. But it just confirms it! Thanks for pointing that out.

And yeah, I died trying to get to that big pool at the bottom too XD

I also tried to get to the pool up top where the source water was pouring in from the aqueduct. But invisible wall is there.
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolf_Eye wrote: »

I didn't even notice that about the fragments collection. But it just confirms it! Thanks for pointing that out.

I also tried to get to the pool up top where the source water was pouring in from the aqueduct. But invisible wall is there.

I was able to get to the top of the large one in the back but not he bottom one.
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new fountains are very beautiful, especially the blue one (the pillar fountain).

It's great to see the wooden stairs.

The wall with the window, on the other hand, is strange. I even laughed. It has window only on one side.
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love the new building structure materials.
    Edited by Thannazzar on July 12, 2021 10:08PM
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolf_Eye wrote: »

I was able to get to the top of the large one in the back but not he bottom one.

HOW?
  • Lariana
    Lariana
    ✭✭✭✭
    A funny little thing happened when I was discussing Sweetwater Cascades with a friend in guild chat. My template character had her profanity filters on and the name of the house got censored to "Swee****er Cascades". That... is going to confuse some people.
    Not even daedra have two left feet!
  • comicfan22
    comicfan22
    ✭✭
    Sweetwater is gorgeous, its the Leyawiin Style large home of my dreams. The perfect fairy tale mansion I plan to use to make a proper Statue garden with all the divine statues slowly trickling in while I plan on using Doomchar Plateau for a proper Daedric home for (hopefully) a proper Mehrunes Shrine someday.
  • Spell-Slinger
    Spell-Slinger
    ✭✭✭✭
    The two new houses seem decent enough for what they are. I have no real complaints about them. Sweetwater Cascades is very beautiful, and I could see myself buying that. Doomchar Plateau is not really my cup of tea, but I can see why others like it.

This brings me to the new structural furnishings.

The new structural furnishings, are such a huge missed opportunity. Leyawiin launched with a plethora of new structure styles - brick walls, half-timber walls, thatched roofs, tiled roofs, wooden stairs... to mention a few. And yet, we get an incomplete collection of EVEN MORE stone walls (we already have Solitude walls and Markarth walls, come on now). The new wall with a window has a window just on ONE side (what even possessed you?), there is no version of that same wall without the window, there are no curved versions of that wall, there is no way to get JUST the window (which would be a great deal more useful than a window attached to a gigantic wall). There are a couple of fairly uninspired low walls (again, more stone, as if we didn't have enough already). The Leyawiin Wall, Wainscoted is an absolutely beautiful addition, and I do appreciate that. I also really like the new wooden stairs - I think I speak for a lot of housing people when I say we've been waiting for that for a long time. But overall, this patch is uninspired at best when it comes to adding structural furnishings.
  • thegreatme
    thegreatme
    ✭✭✭✭
    Both the houses are neat.

Sweetwater Cascades has a nice layout and theme, but as is often the case its a big house and I don't see myself having a use for it. Still, it'll be nice to see others' houses decorated and what they do with it.

Seems the Deadlands house is more than likely to be the event house we get later. You'll hear no complaints from me on that. I'm glad its an open house style in the likeness of Stillwaters or Coldharbour Surreal Estate though as that'll give quite a bit of flexibility. Since I'm going to be getting it via the game events anyway, I know already what I'm likely to do with it.

The new furnishings at the Master Crafter look nice, though I'll probably only be using a few. Not really to my priority themes in furnishings but they're well-done.

That said, what I'd REALLY like to see later on offered through the structural furnishings we're almost guaranteed to get later with the Q4 update is Deadlands Drawbridges.

We've been getting a lot more neat interactive doors the last year or two, but two things we don't have yet are drop-gates and drawbridges. We've already seen a functioning Deadlands Drawbridge during the main quest, and there's one already down in one of the Blackwood Delves.

Please, please give us this as a furnishing for Q4.
    Join my Nocturnal-devoted Mercenary Reach guild! https://esokrakeclan.weebly.com/
    My Artstation | Deviantart | Youtube | Furaffinity

Thank You ZoS!:
    ◙ Blackfeather Court banker/merchant
    ◙ Gloam Indrik
    ◙ Re-release Gloam Wolf Mount

Let's See It Happen ZoS:
    ◙ /honorloop emote
    ◙ cross-legged sitting emote
    ◙ Evergloam house
    ◙ Hagraven Polymorph
    ◙ Hagraven Houseguest
  • Erorah
    Erorah
    ✭✭✭
    I will say that the Sweetwater Cascades is simply breathtaking! I streamed my screen for guildmates this afternoon, and we agreed that we need this immediately!

I would like to see more EMPTY GROUND to build upon, but not with a 'style' or 'theme'. Like the Moon Sugar Meadow, just land and grass. Hilly or plains. A stream or a cavern. But empty nonetheless.

The Deadlands - Doomchar Plateau has potential but only in that theme. I will work very hard to think up something sinister enough to validate it :smile:

MOAR STRUCTURES! Yes, you are getting closer and closer... Roofs, Windows / frames or boxes, Circle flooring, triangles of wood, beams, dormers, walls with doorways, and DOORS THAT FIT THE WALLS :smile:

baby steps... :wink:
    Editor: UESP.net > HOUSING! 📔 https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Furnishings
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bug/Feedback:

When you exit Doomchar via the portal you emerge facing the back cave wall rather than the cave entrance.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one has had a look around the Deadlands house.

It will probably be furniture storage for this one.

Khajiit loves an open plot more than anything but this is too red, too firey, too just not for this one at all.

This one hopes someone really loves it but personally it is a run out of the door and do not look back.

But Sweetwater ... this one dreams of Sweetwater!

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • phantasmalD
    phantasmalD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I concur with others, Sweetwater is absolutely amazing, it's really cool to see a border house like this.
    All the fountains are cool, the vista is breathtaking, the courtyard is super well designed, just to name a few of it's many positive qualities.

I love how you can see the environment of the two zones meet and mix just outside the gate, super cool to see an actual zone transition area.
    I'm also fond of the colours of the map, I hope that stays, really nice colour palette.

Oh, also, I do love how the house has two entrances, one for each province it connects to, super cool. First house that connects two zones?!

Just one small issue: because the default entrance leads to Blackwood, you can't use the Travel to (outside) option if you don't have Blackwood, even though the house has an entrance in Elsweyr and therefore you would have a legal landing spot for the teleport, if you own Elsweyr.

So here's a feature request for consideration: can we get an option to designate main entrance (for houses with multiple ones) and/or teleport positions?
    Like maybe add wayshrines furnishing that would allow players to mark the exact location they want guests to arrive to. Would be a massive boost to freedom and creativity, especially when it comes to the open plot housings, like Doomchar Plateau.
    Edited by phantasmalD on July 13, 2021 3:40PM
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lariana wrote: »
    A funny little thing happened when I was discussing Sweetwater Cascades with a friend in guild chat. My template character had her profanity filters on and the name of the house got censored to "Swee****er Cascades". That... is going to confuse some people.

The funny thing is I wouldn't have noticed that word hidden in there until the profanity filter brought it to my attention.
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we put in a request to have a future plot of land in a similar style of sweetwater cascade minus the homes
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just visited Doomchar Plateau. I love it. The views are superb. I like the layout and available space for building or whatever you want. I hope there are some furniture and structures to match.
    Edited by TheImperfect on July 13, 2021 6:50PM
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet water Cascade has minor detail mistakes. Here's a few I could see.

The structures poking through
    Vd1Ox72.png

Archway cut off at the top in the tower area.
    6k4KZIU.png
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swee****er Cascades is a really nice home, but the thing that caught my attention first is that the water flow rate of the falls is unnaturally fast. And that's something that can never be unseen for me now. Would it be possible to slow the animation down just a bit?

The new structural furnishings, are such a huge missed opportunity. Leyawiin launched with a plethora of new structure styles - brick walls, half-timber walls, thatched roofs, tiled roofs, wooden stairs... to mention a few. And yet, we get an incomplete collection of EVEN MORE stone walls (we already have Solitude walls and Markarth walls, come on now).

And yet still no dark gray building materials to match the theme of Pariah's Pinnacle and other more realistic stone homes.

What is it with ZOS' obsession with green/gold/red variations of sandstone blocks?

RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Sturmfaenger
    Sturmfaenger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doomchar plateau is without sense.
    Why would anyone want to build anything that could be trampled anytime by the giants around it?
    I fear it will be the gift. "House". Whatever.

I would never ever ever buy that place.
    To me it's dissappointing tbh, compared to the nice house we got last year.
    I had hoped for a daedric structure house like a tower or sth.
    PC/EU
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Doomchar plateau is without sense.
    Why would anyone want to build anything that could be trampled anytime by the giants around it?
    I fear it will be the gift. "House". Whatever.

I would never ever ever buy that place.
    To me it's dissappointing tbh, compared to the nice house we got last year.
    I had hoped for a daedric structure house like a tower or sth.

It is the Gift House, there are fragments in the collections on the PTS for it.

Also the place is not for the faint of heart, I imagine a Daedric Mage will find it quite a nice place to live.
  • Mysanne
    Mysanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well done ! The new furniture for building (fountains, walls with doors, wooden partitions ...) are extraordinary. The new "golden" furniture are perfect for me: they are the ones I absolutely wanted (hearth carved wood, divider carved starfish, light post ornate) and even more (tapestry, painting).

The new house (Sweetwater Cascade) is absolutely fabulous. I want to buy it.

The houses available last year did not convince me (the ones you could buy in crowns) but this year's ones are already on my shopping list!
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new construction furniture is just perfect. It provides endless building opportunities, but we need 3 more things:

- Standalone windows. Even 1 plain flat window will do wonders. Stained Glass of Lunar Phases and Vampiric Stained Glass are examples how the windows should be done. Yet these two are too specific. We need something plain, not bound to any specific style.

- A plain flat plaster wall. Flat is is a keyword - it will be great both for reskin and bulding from scratch

- Land plots! Now that we can build everything, from a small cozy house to a gorgeous castle, we need some land.
    Edited by myskyrim26 on July 14, 2021 10:26AM
  • oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I spent a bit of time in both houses for week 1 PTS, here my feedback though I expect to revisit Doomchar Plateau when/if it is available to own.

Sweetwater Cascades
    Like everyone else it seems, I love this home. The housing team did a really nice job with it so kudos to them. The ambiance of it and the music (when did they start adding music to homes?) are very well done to create a peaceful atmosphere with a great view of Elsweyr. It took me reading other posts here to appreciate the Blackwood side of the home because the elevation of the forest above eyeline makes it far less visible than the down and open perspective on Elsweyr, but that is only a very minor thing. As much as I like the feel of the home, though, I find it too big and forced in where/how it will be furnished. As someone said above, if another version of the home were released without one or both buildings, I would like it even more for my own tastes.
    My biggest point of feedback, though, is that there is very little open ground space on which to build. I wish there was a little meadow area on the Blackwood side that could better display that background scenery and open up options for outdoor furnishings. In a similar vein (though I am guessing this won't be a "functional" house for most) there really aren't any good spots to plop a parsing dummy. I double checked and it still isn't possible to cast ground abilities on platforms in the air or over water, so this house loses some points from a pragmatic perspective.
    Still though, for what it is, it is one of the best houses in the game, let me reiterate that :)

Doomchar Plateau
    From posts so far, this home is not for everyone. It is definitely for me. It hits that Oblivion nostalgia better than the Blackwood zone in my opinion through the background setting as well as the configuration of the island itself which reminds me strongly of the Oblivion realms in TES IV. I am equally a big fan of the background music and ambient noise in this home as in Sweetwater, though I find the stinger on entering a bit overblown. Is it possible to shorten or remove that? It really feels out of place for entering an Oblivion portal and a bit more like I'm walking into Castle Dracula.
    My other main critical feedback is that the view of the lava has a lot of copy paste textures clearly visible, particularly in the yellow sections. I don't know the best way to handle this other than add more variety with little boulder islands and patches of darker red lava in with the yellow so that the repeating textures are less noticeable.
    Finally, I found and reported a rock that had a large part of the texture not meeting the ground. Then today I was experimenting with the lava and found that there are invisible walls surprisingly close to the island but, more importantly, there is a death wall rather than just a barrier for one small section. I'm assuming that these scruffy bits are why the house is still under construction and not available to test-own, but if I find them again later in the PTS I will report back.
    Once again, let me say I am very pleased with this home, especially knowing it is the upcoming event house. The feel of it is very true to TES IV in my opinion and it makes me optimistic about the Deadlands zone coming later this year.

Cheers to the housing team B)
    PC NA
  • Mysanne
    Mysanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    It hits that Oblivion nostalgia better than the Blackwood zone...

I totally agree.
    but we need 3 more things:

And also a triangular wall or a triangular wooden element to support the roof.
  • ajkb78
    ajkb78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is about crafting rather than housing and furnishings but it's the closest feedback thread there is.

Is there any chance you could finally finish the long press L3 to auto-craft daily crafting writs some time soon please? The tooltip has been displayed for many patches now but it still doesn't work. It would be such a huge QOL improvement for crafters.

Or if you've figured out it's unworkable for some reason please delete the tooltip and crush our dreams for good.

And if there's any chance of reintroducing the crafting harvesting mythic in the story dlc, that would be great too.

Thank you.