The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Eso stop players queuing in wrong roles for dungeons

Purple_Sam81
Purple_Sam81
✭✭
As title says

Please eso powers that be make it so players stop queuing in the wrong roles for dungeons, stop DDs queuing as fake tanks or fake healers.

Make it so that you can only queue in the role that your toon’s build is.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How would you detect that? There are no strict locks that specify what is a healer or tank. My main Templar has all 3 armor skill lines, one-handed & shield, restoration, and destruction maxed and filled; what would that make me?
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the only way to actually "detect" that and mildly reduce the fake tanks and healers in queue is making role specific certifications of different levels. but usually that idea shoots down because it is "elitist" to "expect" things from people.
  • Grandchamp1989
    Grandchamp1989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yeah, the weekly cry for fixing the Dungeon Finder mess.

Let me grab my popcorns!
  • Doc45
    Doc45
    ✭✭✭
    It's been requested many times through multiple threads in the forums. Until that happens, which may be never, your best bet is to vote to kick when it's warranted. The fake role is not a problem unless it impacts the group, but when it does, don't hesitate to use the option that is currently available. When I or others have initiated a vote to kick, it usually goes through. If it doesn't, it's worth leaving rather than stay in a situation you find frustrating.
    Edited by Doc45 on July 12, 2021 1:23PM
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No people who have DPS and can nuke a dungeon because they have ran it 500 times looking for a belt or ring have every right to not have to solo it but carry people through even if they aren’t good just to increase drop chances.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The way to fix this is to eliminate the roles and just pick the first X people in the queue.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • khyrkat
    khyrkat
    ✭✭✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »
    the only way to actually "detect" that and mildly reduce the fake tanks and healers in queue is making role specific certifications of different levels. but usually that idea shoots down because it is "elitist" to "expect" things from people.

Exactly how would you "detect" it? I'm sorry but this is ridiculous and there were countless threads with "ideas" which were simply silly. By the way I am legit healer and honestly feel really bad when they ask me "real healer or should i slot pale order?" and this is the result of so many fakes in dungeons. But there is no way ZOS can fix it. It is the people, the players that choose to fake. I know dps queue time is horribly long and THAT should be fixed by ZOS like really fast yet they still refuse (I can't believe there is no players in queue out of over 30k playing at any given time) but as long as people choose to be arrogant , feeling entitled to any dungeon just because, we will never get rid of fakes. It's their nature. Solution? If you see a "tank" with 20k hp and bow, just vote kick, no questions asked.
    Back to your "elitist" stuff - I'm sorry but I am not willing to be subject of any "validation" if I am real healer or not. Play with me and see for yourself. Why would real tanks be gated by some silly "need to have s&b slotted" bs or healers "needs to have resto staff leveled" fantasy? That does not guarantee real role, skill, awareness, knowledge of tank/healer mechanics. As I said - ZOS needs to fix queue times by recoding the whole thing but players should just, you know... be responsible. It's a co-op game once you enter dungeon, do the role or leave, sadly when peple hear that they say "salty, elitist". What kind of childish behavior is that.
    Also, as a healer, I have seen so many bad dd's making runs tedious that I would request a dps check for everyone choosing dd role (also, perhaps a dungeon mechanics knowledge check? Dunno, a survey? Anything that proves they are capable of executing proper game mechanics as too many don't even know they can and should interrupt channeled attacks *facepalm*). How does that feel? Silly? Exactly.
  • heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    FAKE TANK AND DPS SHALL BE BAN !
  • hasi
    hasi
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will forever queue as fake Healer spamming my Twilight for random normals and no one shall ever change that!😀
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fake or just bad, so what's next ban bad players? smh
    The answer is and will always be form your own group.
    Edited by TequilaFire on July 12, 2021 1:45PM
  • Rasande_Robin
    Rasande_Robin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tank queuing myself.

In all honesty, I prefer an extra dd to a healer in pugs every day... A pug healer 90% of the time only heals and is semi-afk. With low dps that comes with pugging every little extra helps.
    I always feel like the healer is a leech doing something else and every now and then tosses a heal to avoid beeing detected for afk.
    PC/EU: Orcana "something"-stone
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    khyrkat wrote: »

Exactly how would you "detect" it? I'm sorry but this is ridiculous and there were countless threads with "ideas" which were simply silly. By the way I am legit healer and honestly feel really bad when they ask me "real healer or should i slot pale order?" and this is the result of so many fakes in dungeons. But there is no way ZOS can fix it. It is the people, the players that choose to fake. I know dps queue time is horribly long and THAT should be fixed by ZOS like really fast yet they still refuse (I can't believe there is no players in queue out of over 30k playing at any given time) but as long as people choose to be arrogant , feeling entitled to any dungeon just because, we will never get rid of fakes. It's their nature. Solution? If you see a "tank" with 20k hp and bow, just vote kick, no questions asked.
    Back to your "elitist" stuff - I'm sorry but I am not willing to be subject of any "validation" if I am real healer or not. Play with me and see for yourself. Why would real tanks be gated by some silly "need to have s&b slotted" bs or healers "needs to have resto staff leveled" fantasy? That does not guarantee real role, skill, awareness, knowledge of tank/healer mechanics. As I said - ZOS needs to fix queue times by recoding the whole thing but players should just, you know... be responsible. It's a co-op game once you enter dungeon, do the role or leave, sadly when peple hear that they say "salty, elitist". What kind of childish behavior is that.
    Also, as a healer, I have seen so many bad dd's making runs tedious that I would request a dps check for everyone choosing dd role (also, perhaps a dungeon mechanics knowledge check? Dunno, a survey? Anything that proves they are capable of executing proper game mechanics as too many don't even know they can and should interrupt channeled attacks *facepalm*). How does that feel? Silly? Exactly.

Not to mention there's several niche builds that perform well that would be excluded from conventional criteria.

People just need to use the tools at their disposal until queue times can be fixed. Either run the dungeon finder with a friend so you're guaranteed two votes to kick someone out, leave the group, or run with guildies. There hasn't been any movement with threads like these over the last five years, those were the general solutions that we can do until ZoS decides to revisit it.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    khyrkat wrote: »

people will have to go through a certification... which means they will have to heal... to get the ability to queue as heal... or to tank... it wont get rid of most fake queues, but it will reduce them a lot, since most people that fake queue do it for the crystals on lots of alts, and not all of them would be ready to go through the hassle of certification.
    Edited by zvavi on July 12, 2021 1:51PM
  • Viewsfrom6ix
    Viewsfrom6ix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While we're at it, let's add a requirement to stop fake DDs too.
  • Purple_Sam81
    Purple_Sam81
    ✭✭
    There should also be a instant kick for players that don’t work as a team and just run ahead, trying to solo.

It’s a multi player game & they’ve queued for a 4-man dungeon, yet they can’t work as a team like the game makers intended
  • Purple_Sam81
    Purple_Sam81
    ✭✭
    How would you detect that? There are no strict locks that specify what is a healer or tank. My main Templar has all 3 armor skill lines, one-handed & shield, restoration, and destruction maxed and filled; what would that make me?

Easy, eso make it so that you choose your role when you make your toon and then it’s locked, just the same as the toon’s class, race and alliance.

Of course put the option in to change role via a role change token, just as you can with race & alliance change

• ixthUA
    ixthUA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is a problem of normal dungeons only. Endure till you are lv50 and switch to veteran dungeons.
    Normal dungeons can be completed by 1-2 players, they don't require a dedicated tank or healer, so naturally it is often 4 dps doing them.
    ZOS could remove role requirements from normal dungeons and i dont think it would change anything.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Easy, eso make it so that you choose your role when you make your toon and then it’s locked, just the same as the toon’s class, race and alliance.

Of course put the option in to change role via a role change token, just as you can with race & alliance change

bad idea. there are lots of lots of people that tank, heal, dd, on the same character.
  • Purple_Sam81
    Purple_Sam81
    ✭✭
    It happens in vet dungeons just as much as normal dungeons, I’m cp1052 and I see fake tanks & healers multiple times every day, and also people queuing for a dungeon and not having a clue about the mechanics or anything. Like can’t they use google?? There’s plenty of written guides and videos about.
  • Viewsfrom6ix
    Viewsfrom6ix
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Please, no. Imagine a new player starting the game not knowing about roles and picks the wrong one but is built for a different one. Now they have to spend crowns to buy a change token??
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This would likely result is fewer tanks in the queue.

Many of my characters were "born" DDs and tank out of necessity, at times. Of my characters, only 2 have never tanked dungeons. Thats all of the content up to and including vet DLCs.

Simply removing fake tanks isnt a long term solution on its own. Without real tanks to assume the role, it will not have solved much aside from increasing the time for a DD's queue.
    Oh yeah, the weekly cry for fixing the Dungeon Finder mess.

Let me grab my popcorns!

Youre gonna need your cholesterol checked more often based on the frequency of these threads if youre buttering your popcorn.
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Please, no. Imagine a new player starting the game not knowing about roles and picks the wrong one but is built for a different one. Now they have to spend crowns to buy a change token??

We all know it'd never happen that way anyways considering that again, there's just too much variation in build diversity to ever have something 'lock' in aside from having our classes. That takes out the very fundamental vision of the developers with the ability to "play how you want".
  • Purple_Sam81
    Purple_Sam81
    ✭✭

Well as a new player to the game you get 8 character slots, so they could just make another toon or delete the toon they made the mistake on and start again.
    Plus as they are levelling up to level 50, one of the rewards could be a role change token, same as you get the skill & attribute Respecification Scrolls
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This would cause more problems than it solves. How would tanks and healers deal with the overland? Right now, we can change gear and skills, but if you want to limit us to specific skills, then you'll have to let us heal things to death.

The Moot Councillor
  • Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok... so my character is a hybrid Templar. I can soak up damage pretty well, I can heal a fair bit and I can do (what I call) decent damage... So what do I queue as? What if I pick one you don't agree with?
    Exploring Tamriel since 1994.
  • Purple_Sam81
    Purple_Sam81
    ✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »

This would cause more problems than it solves. How would tanks and healers deal with the overland? Right now, we can change gear and skills, but if you want to limit us to specific skills, then you'll have to let us heal things to death.

Maybe do the overland in a group?? As this is a multi player game, if you wanna solo things pick a one player game
  • AyaDark
    AyaDark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am 3in 1 but only can vite as 1 role !

Give me 2 others back to select !
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »

Maybe do the overland in a group?? As this is a multi player game, if you wanna solo things pick a one player game

In the same vein as the "this is a multiplayer game" argument, if you're tired of fake healers and fake tanks, maybe join a guild and start doing group dungeons through that. No one is forcing you to use the group finder.
    Edited by Sephyr on July 12, 2021 2:34PM
  • Purple_Sam81
    Purple_Sam81
    ✭✭
    Morgha_Kul wrote: »
    Ok... so my character is a hybrid Templar. I can soak up damage pretty well, I can heal a fair bit and I can do (what I call) decent damage... So what do I queue as? What if I pick one you don't agree with?

Well in my opinion it would be better if all builds were hybrids, as tanks can’t do any damage & DDs are too squishy, and like glass canons, so if everyone could take a few hits, heal themselves and pump out a fair bit of damage it would be better than having to rely on others in the group
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    depends on the dungeon.

I usually just run normal now and then to farm sets like Medusa or Rattlecage, or for events/endeavours.

To avoid long waiting queues, I have set up a tank and a healer 2 weeks ago.
    Turns out it takes longer with them instead of running as DD. At least my healer can switch to DD by barswapping, and I did that when I realized the group members were strong enough so that they needed no healer.

Based on the experience from the last 2 weeks I'd say, fake tanks and healers are perfectly fine for normal dungeons, they just should have 1 strong heal skill like a magplar has to carry through a very low level player if required.

Vet dungeons are another issue though.
    Edited by markulrich1966 on July 12, 2021 2:41PM