The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

When people complain about streak..

• MrMazurski
    MrMazurski
    ✭✭✭
    StaticWave wrote: »
    ThePedge wrote: »
    Vizirith wrote: »
    The problem with streak is not that it works as a spammable gap closer or as an escape tool, or that it does aoe damage, or that it works as an unblockable stun. Is that it does all that together.

Is it the only overloaded ability in the game? No, but it surely is one of them.

It should probably have a higher ramping cost maybe 100% instead of 50%. The skill in and of itself is okay, maybe if anything remove the damage.

Ok then give stamsorc more healing if you want to completely gut streak. Also make cloak have a 100% ramping cost because apparently them spamming cloak is completely ok but streaking already with a cost increase still deserves more nerfs.

Tell me how many counters Streak has, and how many Cloak has, then evaluate why you shouldn't compare the two.

Streak: Gap closers, chains/silver leash, speed

Cloak: detect pots, aoe, radiant mage light

Tell me why does it matter?

Gap Closers should be on Cloak list, as they're much more effective against NBs than sorcs.

Streak stun has zero counter. You can't block it, dodge it, anything. As long as a Streak stuns you, the sorc can use it again immediately and be out of Gap Close/Chain range.

Again, the video I demonstrated shows that I can still chase down a sorc that is already given a head start, replicating streak's stun.

Just like we stopped earlier. With escaping sorc you can deal in many ways, charge, leap, pull etc. People complain about its offensive qualities, not its runaway ability.

This video shows nothing.
    - Where "Update on Cyrodiil Performance & Upcoming AOE Tests"? I wish ZOS would stop kicking players' balls, especially those on Cyro
    - - PC-EU / Ravenwatch
  • Selminus
    Selminus
    ✭✭✭✭

A bad streak decision will get a lot of sorcs killed at high levels of cyro or BG. Thus, it's not really OP. It has to be managed properly or a lot of these guys die to either lack of heals being in range or outright picking a bad direction.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A Sorcs used to aggro players, then streak away to the rest of the sorc's group who are hiding behind a big rock. It was the ole "trick the enemies into an ambush". Fun stuff like that happened in Cyro years ago.

edited to clarify that one sorc would lure the enemies into the trap
    Edited by Dojohoda on July 11, 2021 10:08PM
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • rbfrgsp
    rbfrgsp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Souterain wrote: »
    Vevvev wrote: »
    Sorcerer: Streaks

Speed Build: Laughs

This.

Earlier watched as stam nb killed a retreating sorc with speedy build. Shortly after was gunned down by 3 other sorcs while he tried to run; he was very fast but multi-stuns while the sorcs kept pace...nah.

Lol, you need 1 nightblade to kill 1 sorc, but you need 3 sorcs to kill 1 nightblade and you still think sorc/streak is OP? Fyi, nightblades would have highest uptime on stuns due to their surprise attack and being able to be as fast as sorcs while in cloak. No other spammable in the game has a consisted stun attached to it other than surprise attack and stone fist.

This is not true. Nightblades in cloak are sloooooow.

You are thinking of Vampires in cloak. This is a common issue and I think the vast majority of people who honestly believe NB stealth is overpowered actually mean that Vampire stealth is overpowered.

Vampirism synergises very well with NB, and this means many NBs run vampirism too.
    Edited by rbfrgsp on July 11, 2021 10:20PM
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MrMazurski wrote: »
    The problem with streak is not that it works as a spammable gap closer or as an escape tool, or that it does aoe damage, or that it works as an unblockable stun. Is that it does all that together.

Is it the only overloaded ability in the game? No, but it surely is one of them.

It should probably have a higher ramping cost maybe 100% instead of 50%. The skill in and of itself is okay, maybe if anything remove the damage.

Ok then give stamsorc more healing if you want to completely gut streak. Also make cloak have a 100% ramping cost because apparently them spamming cloak is completely ok but streaking already with a cost increase still deserves more nerfs.

Tell me how many counters Streak has, and how many Cloak has, then evaluate why you shouldn't compare the two.

Gap Closers should be on Cloak list, as they're much more effective against NBs than sorcs.

Streak stun has zero counter. You can't block it, dodge it, anything. As long as a Streak stuns you, the sorc can use it again immediately and be out of Gap Close/Chain range.

Again, the video I demonstrated shows that I can still chase down a sorc that is already given a head start, replicating streak's stun.

Just like we stopped earlier. With escaping sorc you can deal in many ways, charge, leap, pull etc. People complain about its offensive qualities, not its runaway ability.

There are people complaining about the escape ability of streak. Then there's people like you who think the offensive capability is too strong. The video shows how it isn't difficult to catch a streaking sorc, so it proves something to the people who complain about the escape aspect of streak.

As for the stun, it isn't really that spectacular. There are multiple unblockable stuns that are also AoE. Due to the stun needing you to aim, the easiest way to make it harder for your opponent to streak stun you is by moving at maximum speed, forcing your opponent to correctly guess your path. Other methods also work such as immobilization and snares.
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

• JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Off topic, but how are all your skills working in cyrodiil? Unless this isn’t Gray Host.
  • MrMazurski
    MrMazurski
    ✭✭✭

There are people complaining about the escape ability of streak. Then there's people like you who think the offensive capability is too strong. The video shows how it isn't difficult to catch a streaking sorc, so it proves something to the people who complain about the escape aspect of streak.

As for the stun, it isn't really that spectacular. There are multiple unblockable stuns that are also AoE. Due to the stun needing you to aim, the easiest way to make it harder for your opponent to streak stun you is by moving at maximum speed, forcing your opponent to correctly guess your path. Other methods also work such as immobilization and snares.

Here we go again.

1. As already mentioned above. Escaping sorc can be caught in many ways. Not only for speed build or jewelry with Shifting. You just need any charge / jump skill for this as Streak has a 15m range, and if (I guess dont have might or check it now) most jumping skills are 22-28m max range.

2. People mainly complain about offensive properties. In the open terrain on Cyro Streak it's not so OP, you have a lot of space to avoid, better position, or heh lower ground.

The problem starts in closed zones like BG, IC or the walls of forts, where you don't have the place to pay for such things.

3. Even AOE stuns are not that strong, only in theory they are able to stun 12 people, in practice it will never happen. Streak does it without a problem, and everyone knew, saw it.

4. High damage. Streak will achieve 200-250% of any other similar skill.

5. No repair of buggies by ZOS. It can't be blocked, okay. But why doesn't even the Rolldodge help (as long as you can still notice it because it's very fast on other similar skills). If you're on Cyro, you see hundreds of people just stopped dealing with Streak because it doesn't make sense.

6. A 4-second increase in costs by 33%? Pls everyone is waiting 6 to apply the stun. This additional cost does not change anything.

7. Spamable CC that not only imposes CC but gives many many more benefits. Which, when combined with the rest of Sorcs abilities, make it one of the deadliest classes

Is the streak OP? For me, yes, it is definitely one of the OP's current skills.
    Currently, Sorc is one of the more annoying opponents you can meet. This class has no disadvantages, and if any, they are not comparable with the problems of other classes.
    - Where "Update on Cyrodiil Performance & Upcoming AOE Tests"? I wish ZOS would stop kicking players' balls, especially those on Cyro
    - - PC-EU / Ravenwatch
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well, that's the first time I've seen streak accused of having high damage.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Here we go again.

1. As already mentioned above. Escaping sorc can be caught in many ways. Not only for speed build or jewelry with Shifting. You just need any charge / jump skill for this as Streak has a 15m range, and if (I guess dont have might or check it now) most jumping skills are 22-28m max range.

2. People mainly complain about offensive properties. In the open terrain on Cyro Streak it's not so OP, you have a lot of space to avoid, better position, or heh lower ground.

The problem starts in closed zones like BG, IC or the walls of forts, where you don't have the place to pay for such things.

3. Even AOE stuns are not that strong, only in theory they are able to stun 12 people, in practice it will never happen. Streak does it without a problem, and everyone knew, saw it.

5. No repair of buggies by ZOS. It can't be blocked, okay. But why doesn't even the Rolldodge help (as long as you can still notice it because it's very fast on other similar skills). If you're on Cyro, you see hundreds of people just stopped dealing with Streak because it doesn't make sense.

6. A 4-second increase in costs by 33%? Pls everyone is waiting 6 to apply the stun. This additional cost does not change anything.

7. Spamable CC that not only imposes CC but gives many many more benefits. Which, when combined with the rest of Sorcs abilities, make it one of the deadliest classes

Currently, Sorc is one of the more annoying opponents you can meet. This class has no disadvantages, and if any, they are not comparable with the problems of other classes.

2) In BG, space is so compact and fights happen so frequent and clumped up that any AoE stun will have a high chance of landing. I know because I've tried other AoE stuns when dropping Streak for Ball of Lightning.

3) Turn Evil, Bone Totem, and Mesmerize do not have a target cap for the stun. Although Streak's stun is better than those 3 because it has a longer range (15m), it also puts you out of position and straight into the other team. That's the draw back of Streak. If you don't want to be out of position, then you have to position yourself so that you only stun targets on the front line, at which point any AoE stuns can achieve the same effect.

4) Streak does not have high damage lmao. The highest I've managed to hit was 3k in a full crit dmg build. That's less than a light attack.

5) Any AoE stun will go through roll dodge, that isn't exclusive to streak.

6) You clearly do not play stamsorc. My current 15k magicka pool only allows for 3 consecutive Streaks with a 33% ramping cost. When streak was at 50% ramping cost, I could only streak twice before running out of juice. Your statement only applies to a magsorc, and since you specifically mentioned BG, no magsorc is going to streak 5 times in a row and leave their team to 3v4. In cyrodiil, they are easy to catch.

7) A CC that has a ramping cost is NOT a spammable CC, please understand that.

It sounds like you just have a grudge with Streak and sorcs in general. Cloak is much more annoying to deal with, and Necros and Wardens are still mega tanks that can do damage. As of right now, there are more NBs in cyrodiil on PC NA than stamsorcs and magsorcs. The only place where you actually see more stamsorcs and magsorcs is BG, but at that point just play the better dlc classes like warden and necros.
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

• Cyrdemaceb17_ESO
    Cyrdemaceb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Just imagine Sorcs wth Streaks vs (big or small) groups and wearing the new set from PTS

Hrothgar’s Chill - Heavy
    2 – Adds 1206 Maximum Health
    3 – Adds 1487 Armor
    4 – Adds 1487 Offensive Penetration
    5 – Stunning or Immobilizing your enemy causes them to burst with frost magic, applying the Chilled status effect and dealing 26% of their total Physical and Spell Resistance as Frost Damage to themselves and enemies within 8 meters of them. This effect can occur once every 7 seconds.
    Edited by Cyrdemaceb17_ESO on July 12, 2021 7:18PM
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just imagine Sorcs wth Streaks vs (big or small) groups and wearing the new set from PTS

Hrothgar’s Chill - Heavy
    2 – Adds 1206 Maximum Health
    3 – Adds 1487 Armor
    4 – Adds 1487 Offensive Penetration
    5 – Stunning or Immobilizing your enemy causes them to burst with frost magic, applying the Chilled status effect and dealing 26% of their total Physical and Spell Resistance as Frost Damage to themselves and enemies within 8 meters of them. This effect can occur once every 7 seconds.

Nightblades and stam classes are going to be able to just as effectively use this as well. It's just a really strong looking set in general, not necessarily tied to streak only.
  • MrMazurski
    MrMazurski
    ✭✭✭

Here we go again.

2) In BG, space is so compact and fights happen so frequent and clumped up that any AoE stun will have a high chance of landing. I know because I've tried other AoE stuns when dropping Streak for Ball of Lightning.

3) Turn Evil, Bone Totem, and Mesmerize do not have a target cap for the stun. Although Streak's stun is better than those 3 because it has a longer range (15m), it also puts you out of position and straight into the other team. That's the draw back of Streak. If you don't want to be out of position, then you have to position yourself so that you only stun targets on the front line, at which point any AoE stuns can achieve the same effect.

4) Streak does not have high damage lmao. The highest I've managed to hit was 3k in a full crit dmg build. That's less than a light attack.

6) You clearly do not play stamsorc. My current 15k magicka pool only allows for 3 consecutive Streaks with a 33% ramping cost. When streak was at 50% ramping cost, I could only streak twice before running out of juice. Your statement only applies to a magsorc, and since you specifically mentioned BG, no magsorc is going to streak 5 times in a row and leave their team to 3v4. In cyrodiil, they are easy to catch.

It sounds like you just have a grudge with Streak and sorcs in general. Cloak is much more annoying to deal with, and Necros and Wardens are still mega tanks that can do damage. As of right now, there are more NBs in cyrodiil on PC NA than stamsorcs and magsorcs. The only place where you actually see more stamsorcs and magsorcs is BG, but at that point just play the better dlc classes like warden and necros.

4.) is, as I wrote. He is able to achieve a high dmg for similar skills, being a tank myself, I can get hit for 4k dmg. No other skill is able to achieve such a high damage.

5.) Many times, what ppl say even o this topic its dont working.

6.) Im have stam and magsorc. I dont play with them to offten, its not my cup of tea.

7.) that what i wrote before. You don't spamming it at a higher cost, bro you need wait only additional 2s to applying stun again, otherwise you lose all the useful thing of this skill. And sorc has very poor arsenal for CC.

if Sorc escapes, I personally do not need to kill an opponent who is fleeing the battlefield to recognize that I have won a fight.

Some hate Streak, others hate invisibility. I can deal with Cloak without any major problems. maybe it's a WoW experience where you didn't have so many tools to fight with invisibility enemies. It is in the EU that you have a totally different class ratio.

The only thing I can call an OP is NB with a vampire. But here the problem lies with the vampire whose buffs/skills are another devs thoughtless thing.
    - - PC-EU / Ravenwatch
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Here we go again.

4.) is, as I wrote. He is able to achieve a high dmg for similar skills, being a tank myself, I can get hit for 4k dmg. No other skill is able to achieve such a high damage.

5.) Many times, what ppl say even o this topic its dont working.

6.) Im have stam and magsorc. I dont play with them to offten, its not my cup of tea.

7.) that what i wrote before. You don't spamming it at a higher cost, bro you need wait only additional 2s to applying stun again, otherwise you lose all the useful thing of this skill. And sorc has very poor arsenal for CC.

if Sorc escapes, I personally do not need to kill an opponent who is fleeing the battlefield to recognize that I have won a fight.

Some hate Streak, others hate invisibility. I can deal with Cloak without any major problems. maybe it's a WoW experience where you didn't have so many tools to fight with invisibility enemies. It is in the EU that you have a totally different class ratio.

The only thing I can call an OP is NB with a vampire. But here the problem lies with the vampire whose buffs/skills are another devs thoughtless thing.

There is no way you are being hit for 4K with Streak on a tank unless your armor and damage mitigation is at 0. For streak to hit 4K damage on a player, it would need spammable tooltip levels of damage. It doesn't have that.

At best, using a fairly meta mag sorc build in build editor, the tooltip for Streak is 7K. That is with no regen at all in the build (which the meta build has plenty of). 7K streak is not hitting a tank for 4K damage. It's not even hitting a light armor or med armor player for 4K damage.
    Edited by jaws343 on July 12, 2021 9:58PM
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭
    How do people even use streak for PvP?

I was in CP imperial city and my streak was never able to stun any other player unless they just stand there, including enemy players who were busy engaging others - they're constantly on the move but it'd have worked for the same radius if it's PvE.

And I can't use it for escape either, since 2-3 ranged shots would kill me despite 20+k resistance and all impenetrable gears.
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol in my trolly mag sorc I streak people in zergs right down. Its all how you aim.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • Andre_Noir
    Andre_Noir
    ✭✭✭✭

Cloak already has ramping cost since if it break in 3 s you should recast it anyway
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    moo_2021 wrote: »
    How do people even use streak for PvP?

Predict trajectory. Practice. It is intuitive thing.
  • E-Zekiel
    E-Zekiel
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with you in that the streak complaining is silly (IMO, anyway), but I feel like your point is undermined when you're making it by countering a sorcerer skill with a sorcerer.
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone can make the same video of someone spamming the cloak revealing mark and detect potions and saying cloak isn’t over tuned or some DK stamk dualwield pure DOT stacking build with oblivion damage and saying ‘see there’s no issue with tanks’. Using a stamsorc sprinting stacking major and minor expedition probably in medium and on an orc to chase down a magsorc using BOL isn’t proving anything.