The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

So nobody is a fake dd cause we all deal damage. /s

zvavi
zvavi
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
And then i met a bow dk that spams hail on trash packs.
  • OlumoGarbag
    OlumoGarbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    everything below 20k dps in vet is a fake dd
    class representative for the working class, non-cp, bwb and Trolling
  • L_Nici
    L_Nici
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can only be a bad DD, but no fake DD.
    A very special girl

PC|EU
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    everything below 20k dps in vet is a fake dd

well, u see, since hail deals only damage 2 seconds after cast, spamming it literally makes you deal no damage at all
    L_Nici wrote: »

there can be no fake tanks, only bad tanks, because everyone takes some agro by existing and take damage :) /s
    Edited by zvavi on June 27, 2021 1:15PM
  • L_Nici
    L_Nici
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. Same for healers, I don't need that roles anyway. I do it all on my own if needed. Never got why PvE players even complain about that. If they would be better players, they wouldn't need Healers or Tanks.
    Edited by L_Nici on June 27, 2021 11:20AM
    A very special girl

PC|EU
  • Xebov
    Xebov
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can easily be a fake DD by not caring about your role. Its every players job to gear and skill for the role tehy want to take on. If they dont they are fake.

If you want to be a DD its evry easy to get a fun halfway working build together that deals at least 15k DPS. If you only deal 5K or 10K you clearly didnt gear and skill for the role so you are a fake DD. Simple as that.

Fake DDs are a pain. Even in vet pledges you can encounter tehse 5K DPS wonders that expect everyone to stay for an hour in a dungeon with them.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. Same for healers, I don't need that roles anyway. I do it all on my own if needed. Never got why PvE players even complain about that. If they would be better players, they wouldn't need Healers or Tanks.

because we are built with specific role in mind, i dont mind building my tank to deal damage and self heal, but debuffing etc etc will bring more group dmg in mediocre and above groups. also some dungeons require roles, stone garden hard mode comes to mind. but hey, u can do it on your own i guess everyone else are not good enough.
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Endless hail is endless......
  • xv1_me
    xv1_me
    ✭✭✭
    Xebov wrote: »

You can easily be a fake DD by not caring about your role. Its every players job to gear and skill for the role tehy want to take on. If they dont they are fake.

If you want to be a DD its evry easy to get a fun halfway working build together that deals at least 15k DPS. If you only deal 5K or 10K you clearly didnt gear and skill for the role so you are a fake DD. Simple as that.

Fake DDs are a pain. Even in vet pledges you can encounter tehse 5K DPS wonders that expect everyone to stay for an hour in a dungeon with them.

If the first trash mob takes five minutes to kill I’m leaving group and saying “sry, I’m rank role doing 54% of dps”

^which happens 95% of the time.

The other 5% of the time I get kicked because I’m moving too fast for the rpers.

Oh well, no incentive in pve :)
  • L_Nici
    L_Nici
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh I don't think you want that discussion with a PvP player. You know very well that a 4 player PvP group will easily deal with anything PvE throws at us without the need of roles.
    A very special girl

PC|EU
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh I don't think you want that discussion with a PvP player. You know very well that a 4 player PvP group will easily deal with anything PvE throws at us without the need of roles.

send vids of vSG hm <3
  • Xebov
    Xebov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xv1_me wrote: »

If the first trash mob takes five minutes to kill I’m leaving group and saying “sry, I’m rank role doing 54% of dps”

^which happens 95% of the time.

The other 5% of the time I get kicked because I’m moving too fast for the rpers.

Oh well, no incentive in pve :)

If the DPS is to low i simply leave. I dont even talk to those players because there is never coming anything good out of it. I spend a good amount of time to build up my tank and if players dont want to spend a minimum amount of time to get their characters ready i simply drop them, its not my duty to carry them.

The performance of PvP players i freqently see in daily dungeons and pledges tells me that what you say can never be true.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe we should redefine the roles? Dheals, Dtank, DD lol. If damages isn't first, you failed your role.

Membah when we could que as all 3 roles?

This will continue until vet gives vet rewards and normal gives rewards appropriate for the content. The mixing of skill levels is causing friction that wasn't as bad before rewards were equalized. Separating won't solve fake roles, but help keep them from content they shouldn't do.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is fundamentally untrue, I once accidentally queued as DPS on one of my tanks. I couldn't do a reasonable amount of damage, but I was the superior tank.
  • zelaminator
    zelaminator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as you deal damage in some way, you're a DD.. You can be a bad DD though
  • WildLight
    WildLight
    ✭✭✭
    The more I play a tank role to which I primarily switched in the past couple of months the more I shift to the 'there are in fact fake DDs out there' side of things...
    Like, a magNB with 40k health and Crushing shock + lightning staff HA kind of DDs.
    Or people who think Inner Fire is a damage skill for whatever ungodly reason. Actually had quite a few of those recently. On top of that they don't even react to my requests to take it off and then act surprised when big mobs or bosses start chasing them.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as you deal damage in some way, you're a DD.. You can be a bad DD though

No. I can deal damage while afk with my armor doing it automatically. That actually would be explicitly deceitful and clearly a fake dd by any measurement. And yet this definition would include such outrageous behavior as a bad dd and not fake.

The word "fake" does not require deceit (it usually involves deceit but not always) and a defintion that is so broad it is meaningless is not a proper definition. This argument is constantly being used to shutdown discussion about low dps with a semantic discussion about the word fake; which in addition to be terrible behavior for a discussion forum, isn't even pedantically correct. It's flat wrong on every level.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on June 27, 2021 12:42PM
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This. You don't need to know advance tactics like weaving or animation canceling either to hit that kind of number. I'd actually say 20k but 15k is reasonable target too. Most of the playerbase is capable of hitting these numbers. And the ones that aren't, simply don't care to (or don't know how to) build for their role and shouldn't be in the vet queue until they fix it. You can do a lot of stuff alone, especially with the new addition of companions. So there's really no excuses for queueing for vet when you know you haven't built for it.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on June 27, 2021 12:41PM
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WHAT IF you are fighting Dark Mage at the Dragonstar Arena. You know, the one that is healing themselves. If you attacking him and he/she? has still 100% hp, are you Damage Dealer or not? ^^
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »
    well, u see, since hail deals only damage 2 seconds after cast, spamming it literally makes you deal no damage at all

Absolutely beautiful! Finally, we found a true fake DD!!!! :D

Well, true fake DD according to these people who take the word "damage dealer" literally and think 1 damage per second still classifies as fulfilling the DD role.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • amm7sb14_ESO
    amm7sb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it that time of the week already?
  • alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ZOS, take a good look at what you have done! >:(

This is just so sad. Tanks and healers are now obsolete except for raids, and so few are needed there that the roles are all but disappearing. I have felt, for a long time, that the devs seem to hate heals and tanks. I don't think that they actually do, but how the game is built, it is hard to not get that feeling. :'(
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ZOS, take a good look at what you have done! >:(

This is just so sad. Tanks and healers are now obsolete except for raids, and so few are needed there that the roles are all but disappearing. I have felt, for a long time, that the devs seem to hate heals and tanks. I don't think that they actually do, but how the game is built, it is hard to not get that feeling. :'(

A good healer is amazing. They enhance you like crazy. A bad healer is replaceable by a self heal skill or the Ring of the Pale Order. I love good healers and I can solo a lot of content.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on June 27, 2021 5:04PM
  • alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As for the OP - "fake" means playing a role you are not actually built for. My tank is often a fake DD, for example. If there are fake tanks and heals, there are fake dps-ers as well.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As for the OP - "fake" means playing a role you are not actually built for. My tank is often a fake DD, for example. If there are fake tanks and heals, there are fake dps-ers as well.

Holding every class to the same standard is toxic elitism against bad dps. /s
    Edited by spartaxoxo on June 27, 2021 5:11PM
  • alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

Not sure I understand what you mean?
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was making a sarcastic joke, but that's something I have unironically been told. I was told it was okay to expect that healers and tanks try to fulfil their roles, but not dps because as long as they have done at least 1 damage they have done their role. Thus having a standard for dps outside of a single point of damage was toxic and elitism.

They had no problem though saying tanks are fake if they don't have a taunt.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on June 27, 2021 5:25PM
  • alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was making a sarcastic joke, but that's something I have unironically been told. I was told it was okay to expect that healers and tanks try to fulfil their roles, but not dps because as long as they have done at least 1 damage they have done their role. Thus having a standard for dps outside of a single point of damage was toxic and elitism.

Holy alessia's beard... *autofacepalms*
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What's even worse is I had someone say even that isn't required and that fake dps cannot exist. Someone being afk is a troll and I'm not allowed to say they are faking. And someone trying but failing to do a single point of damage the entire run is a bad dps, not a fake. So the example in the OP wouldn't be a fake dps either, even though what they were doing wouldn't actually result in any damage. They claimed dps is the default role and it's impossible not fulfill it.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on June 27, 2021 5:41PM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What's even worse is I had someone say even that isn't required and that fake dps cannot exist. Someone being afk is a troll and I'm not allowed to say they are faking. And someone trying but failing to do a single point of damage the entire run is a bad dps, not a fake. So the example in the OP wouldn't be a fake dps either, even though what they were doing wouldn't actually result in any damage. They claimed dps is the default role and it's impossible not fulfill it.

Yeah, if you're in a dungeon and someone's AFK (without the consent of the group), just kick them. There's no excuse for getting in the queue, confirming the queue position, and then getting up and wandering off. I wouldn't automatically assume they're a troll, they could just be lazy, but, yeah, immediate vote to kick.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, if you're in a dungeon and someone's AFK (without the consent of the group), just kick them. There's no excuse for getting in the queue, confirming the queue position, and then getting up and wandering off. I wouldn't automatically assume they're a troll, they could just be lazy, but, yeah, immediate vote to kick.

They are quite literally faking by even the most stringent usage of the term but they aren't fake dps either because those don't exist. LOL

And yes, I vote to kick immediately. If the group won't then I leave.

Honestly the lengths this community goes to protect bad dps from feeling like their builds need improvement is really something else.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on June 27, 2021 6:00PM