The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Dragon Leap Not firing

• Elo106
    Elo106
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xPoisin wrote: »
    Elo106 wrote: »
    xPoisin wrote: »
    Tested today on few BGs and skills like leap / crit rush / shielded assault just do not work on DK… Tested switching skills, reloading the game, reinstalling the shole game…. nothing works…
    Buuuut, when I switched to my warden there were no issues with gapclosers…
    Assumption fot this is that ZOS hates DKs ….

Interesting maybe it has something to do with the melee range increase passive? we should test specing out of that one and testing again.

Tested 5 mins ago, co plete char reset, no skill point asigned. Asigned one skill point to Leap and it shows no range. Same with two handed, one skillpoint to crit charge and no range.. My teammates hate me for this testing 😂😂😂

Aww that sucks, thanks for testing! Really appreciate it :)
  • xPoisin
    xPoisin
    ✭✭✭
    Tested again with magDK, same results… Moved the gear to my stamden and everything works…
    Same with stamina necro and stamblade, also stamsorc works well…
    I did not test stamplar because he uses other skill setup…

So from my point of view it seems that my stam DK will be retired for some time…
  • MrMazurski
    MrMazurski
    ✭✭✭
    The problem appeared even before the event. Reported multiple times for several weeks. In the forum you will find a good 5-6 topics about it.

If you get a bug, your DK is unplayable in the PvP zone and in most cases you have to reset the game.

What will beloved Dev Team do with this news?

they dont care.
    - Where "Update on Cyrodiil Performance & Upcoming AOE Tests"? I wish ZOS would stop kicking players' balls, especially those on Cyro
    - - PC-EU / Ravenwatch
  • silver1surfer69
    silver1surfer69
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bug and the realted problems is still there. As ive noticed often times now it sometimes happens too when you die and respawn IN THE SAME DISTRICT, so it is not neccesary bound to a zone change in IC. I can confirm that changing the district mostly fixes it but not always, but changing district again then fixes it - so just change district until fixed. PLS FIX - this is seroiously smalling the game experience! Observed in IC (mostly no cp but also in CP IC if i remember correct).

Just to give an estimation on how seroius this is: this happens every 10-15 min in gameplay in IC!

Just to be clear, sometimes the bug starts when you change district in IC - then you have to change again until it works again.
    Edited by silver1surfer69 on July 12, 2021 2:16PM
    PC/EU
    Loveknight - HybridDK (4*), Stahlstrahlenreiter - StamDen, Azgul Grahl Bashrugk - HybridSorc (5*), Tínúvíél - StamCro, Thógard - StamPlar
  • ClawOfTheTwoMoons
    ClawOfTheTwoMoons
    ✭✭✭✭
    Quality control in this game is a joke. Bugs sit there in game for months or years not addressed. When you tag someone for clarification that it's being looked into. Nothing. No problems releasing new content though for more money.
  • woosinator2008
    Yeah i don't recall seeing anything about this being fixed in the patch but maybe i overlooked it?
  • silver1surfer69
    silver1surfer69
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just to give an idea of how bad this is - it happnes like 50% of the time you respawn in or enter an IC district!
    PC/EU
    Loveknight - HybridDK (4*), Stahlstrahlenreiter - StamDen, Azgul Grahl Bashrugk - HybridSorc (5*), Tínúvíél - StamCro, Thógard - StamPlar
  • Ashica
    Ashica
    ✭✭
    *Sighs* Just adding my two cents it's def an issue for me for my magdk in IC, that's where I feel it the most, changing districts sometimes works, but not all the time. BG's and Cyro, it just depends on what's going on, but I have less issues there than IC.

This is super frustrating ZOS.. oh and I want compensation, give us a execute! Although you'll probably just break the whole class #sadface

PC NA
    Naetastic - Magdk
  • MrMazurski
    MrMazurski
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS really have a problem with fix a bug that drastically affects DK players, but as you can see, they still fail. How long I have to wait? Another DLC will come out sooner
    - Where "Update on Cyrodiil Performance & Upcoming AOE Tests"? I wish ZOS would stop kicking players' balls, especially those on Cyro
    - - PC-EU / Ravenwatch
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    d3ccy wrote: »
    yep mentioned it in another thread but leap is bugged in ic and occasionally in bgs too.

swapping districts in ic usually fixes it until you die again, but it’s really annoying losing a lot of telvar because you thought you had an ult to use and couldn’t.

it’s the same as the last gapclose bug a couple patches ago. i don’t know if it’s effecting all gap closers or just leap in this occasion though.

I''m having a bad time with my NB gap closer, just like the last time.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • Ashica
    Ashica
    ✭✭
    Ashica wrote: »
    *Sighs* Just adding my two cents it's def an issue for me for my magdk in IC, that's where I feel it the most, changing districts sometimes works, but not all the time. BG's and Cyro, it just depends on what's going on, but I have less issues there than IC.

This is super frustrating ZOS.. oh and I want compensation, give us a execute! Although you'll probably just break the whole class #sadface

Just wanna add to this, ran solo BG's over the weekend, during one match I discovered that the other DK in my group also had the leap bug, and I can only assume that any other DK that round was also experiencing the same problem. I'm guessing this is an instance bug and not a individual player issue as after I went and leapt on an Alit near Vivec City Wayshrine and it worked fine.

I written a bug report to Zos but feel like it wont be looked at just like the other reports. I feel like we just gotta keep posting on this thread and hopefully it will gain some traction to getting this fixed.
    PC NA
    Naetastic - Magdk
  • Callosum
    Callosum
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't been able to play PVP (im playing stamDK) since Midyear Mayhem. Leap, stampede, shield bash etc just wont fire - ever. It is so frustrating. Ofc everyone is running around ganking when gap closer aint working. Please just let us know if this is something that is being looked into.
  • Noumentor
    Noumentor
    ✭✭
    This applies to all gap closers at least for DK's. Shield charge doesnt work either.

For a year now most of the time we respawn, we cant use abilities, how awesome is that?
  • Canperial35
    Canperial35
    ✭✭✭
    This has been a problem for a long time now, PLEASE fix this
  • Bluquartz
    Bluquartz
    Soul Shriven
    Dear developers, This gap closing problem persists and has been a problem for a long time. Can you let us know that you acknowledge the problem and are taking some measures to address it.
    It is intermittent but very repeatable so I do not know why this has not been addressed before releasing a new gown or skin marking in the crown store.
  • silver1surfer69
    silver1surfer69
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kind of a shame that this bug is in the game for a very long time now and is kinda accepted like that. I dont know how problematic this can be to solve this, since it is only in IC and nowhere else - that shows it is possible that make this work correctly.

Anyway, reason for my post is that i feel this is even getting worse. It is now like 90% of the time you respawn somewhere (in a district). You have to then enter another district to fix this and make all your gap closers working.

No need to say that this totally robs the joy when a fight is going on and you have to leave and reenter district before you can join the fight!
    Edited by silver1surfer69 on September 6, 2021 8:05PM
    PC/EU
  • SalamanNZ
    SalamanNZ
    ✭✭✭
    This is a huge bug, as it affects some players and not others. Today I was in 4 BGs and every other DK was happily hopping around, splashing everyone. Waiting for everyone to come to me, running out of Magicka because Fossilize is so damn expensive. And I was there, spamming my flame whip and light attacking with my staff:(

It says I'm out of range, while I'm standing next to the enemy. He laughs and dances around me, knows I have no leap and am a sad DK

I only got it to work after restarting ESO completely, logging onto another character did not work, changing my Ultimate's during the match, did not work. Having Leap on both bars, did not work

This better be fixed in the next patch, its Russian roulette whether I have my leap or I'm just there for someone's bragging rights
    Edited by SalamanNZ on September 12, 2021 9:56AM
  • silver1surfer69
    silver1surfer69
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still not working!
    PC/EU
  • SimonThesis
    SimonThesis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been having this problem in pvp too!
  • Mapekz
    Mapekz
    ✭✭
    A workaround for Dragon Leap not working in IC:

When you leave the Sewers, or enter a District for the first time, make sure you are on the bar that does _not_ contain Dragon Leap. So, if you have Dragon Leap on your front bar, swap to your back bar, then leave the Sewers / change to a different District. You will then be able to swap to your front bar and Dragon Leap will work.

I don't know why this happens, but this workaround has consistently worked for me. Hope it gets fixed in the next patch!
  • Skullderic
    Skullderic
    ✭✭✭
    Mapekz wrote: »
    A workaround for Dragon Leap not working in IC:

When you leave the Sewers, or enter a District for the first time, make sure you are on the bar that does _not_ contain Dragon Leap. So, if you have Dragon Leap on your front bar, swap to your back bar, then leave the Sewers / change to a different District. You will then be able to swap to your front bar and Dragon Leap will work.

I don't know why this happens, but this workaround has consistently worked for me. Hope it gets fixed in the next patch!

Don't work, you have to go through a Door in the iC to get your skills working again. even after death don't fix it. you have to go through a door in the ic>
    Gert Soem!!
  • Fettkeewl
    Fettkeewl
    ✭✭✭
    Can't believe this is still a thing....
  • Alutora
    Alutora
    ✭✭✭
    [snip]

Thought this might have gotten a fix, but just got butchered by a small group of players I could have defeated if I could just fire my dragon leap…

My entire build is made around firing ulti as fast as possible, instead I’m just sitting at 500 ultimate points, not being able to fire the ulti I NEED.

Tried to bar swap bar before entering new district (the one that doesn’t contain leap), reloggibg, dying.

Coul you look into this ZOS please? It’s extremely annoying, making some builds unplayable!

[edited for thread bumping]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on November 28, 2021 6:33PM
  • Alutora
    Alutora
    ✭✭✭
    The same in a battleground last week. Ultimate was greyed out the entire battleground and I couldn’t use it.
  • GetAgrippa
    GetAgrippa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They refuse to acknowledge this is still happening. Heads buried in the sand. I've posted multiple threads myself. Tagged mods. No reply whatsoever.
  • TumlinTheJolly
    TumlinTheJolly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not just Dragon Leap. Critical Rush is greyed out most BGs on my DK too. DKs can't gap close at all in most BGs :'( At least I think it's DK specific??
    Edited by TumlinTheJolly on December 5, 2021 11:15PM
  • Gurthug
    Gurthug
    ✭✭
    STILL NOT FIXED!!!!
    Gurthug (PS5) - Imperial StamDK
  • Gurthug
    Gurthug
    ✭✭
    This still occurs for Take Flight. Seems to occur when respawning into IC combat zones. Sometimes you can re-slot the skill as a temporary workaround but it VERY quickly returns (e.g. on the next respawn). The skill is basically unusable (greyed out) unless sat literally on top of the target (pointless).
    Gurthug (PS5) - Imperial StamDK
  • Prodigy_UA
    Prodigy_UA
    ✭✭
    still not fixed
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this ever going to be fixed? I mean… it’s beyond ridiculous that an ultimate ability won’t fire at all in pvp…. This is about the most obvious sign that Zenimax aren’t committed to fixing bugs you’ll actually find. It’s no wonder older players are dropping the game now. Especially with all the alternatives that actually do work.