The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Dragon Leap Not firing

woosinator2008
Every once in a while, Dragon Leap (in my experience, Take Flight) will not fire during pvp. I was told if you remove it from your bar and put back it would start working but that doesn't seem to do the trick for me. The ability never lights up with a target in range and thus no leap.
  • notachik
    notachik
    ✭✭✭
    PS4 NA similar issue but not just pvp..was working great when elder dragon was broken but now it’s fixed and the leap takes 3-4 or more try’s to get it to go off.
  • ectoplasmicninja
    ectoplasmicninja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just had this experience in a BG. Chains wouldn't fire either. Sometimes Obsidian Shard either.
    PC NA, CP2000+Character creation is the true endgame.
  • Matthros
    Matthros
    ✭✭✭
    I had the same issue with the Ferocious Leap morph in IC last night. I was pointing right at an enemy player close range and the skill was grayed out and not firing off. I was able to use the backbar resto ultimate though.
  • d3ccy
    d3ccy
    Soul Shriven
    yep mentioned it in another thread but leap is bugged in ic and occasionally in bgs too.

swapping districts in ic usually fixes it until you die again, but it’s really annoying losing a lot of telvar because you thought you had an ult to use and couldn’t.

it’s the same as the last gapclose bug a couple patches ago. i don’t know if it’s effecting all gap closers or just leap in this occasion though.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abilities not firing off in Cyrodiil? I don't believe it!
  • ClawOfTheTwoMoons
    ClawOfTheTwoMoons
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »

Happens in bg's too! Who'd have thunk?!
  • cool6654
    cool6654
    ✭✭
    Dragon leap and shield charge are broken in ic more me too
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having the same problem with Ferocious Leap while in the Imperial City. It's range goes down to 0 meters for some reason.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »
    Having the same problem with Ferocious Leap while in the Imperial City. It's range goes down to 0 meters for some reason.
    Same here. 0m from target and warning of "out of range target" keeps popping. Frustrating.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Works fine in Cyro but on IC is not working.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • xv1_me
    xv1_me
    ✭✭✭
    Every once in a while, Dragon Leap (in my experience, Take Flight) will not fire during pvp. I was told if you remove it from your bar and put back it would start working but that doesn't seem to do the trick for me. The ability never lights up with a target in range and thus no leap.

Are you referring to pvp? Yeah leap has been broken forever but then again so are all skills in pvp.

Leap actually freezes me when it goes off ten seconds later, then I crash out of a hundred queue.
  • Korten
    Korten
    Soul Shriven
    Besides having the same issue in IC, I've been experiencing similar issues with my StamDK lunge attacks (Slam, Stampede, Ferocious Leap, etc) not working when I'm Grouped and then join a BG however they work just fine when I join a BG solo. I have tried mapping the lunge abilities to different keys and no luck, but when I map a different ability to the key my lunge was assigned to the ability works fine.

• silver1surfer69
    silver1surfer69
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same here and other abilities too, like 2h gap closer. It seems more skills of the whole bar, which is in my case the 2 that is the backbar. It seems like skills that need a target and maybe that are ranged. Observed in IC and i think in cyro too. Reload ui doesnt fix it but after dying it sometimes works again.
    PC/EU
    Loveknight - HybridDK (4*), Stahlstrahlenreiter - StamDen, Azgul Grahl Bashrugk - HybridSorc (5*), Tínúvíél - StamCro, Thógard - StamPlar
  • silver1surfer69
    silver1surfer69
    ✭✭✭✭
    Korten wrote: »
    Besides having the same issue in IC, I've been experiencing similar issues with my StamDK lunge attacks (Slam, Stampede, Ferocious Leap, etc) not working when I'm Grouped and then join a BG however they work just fine when I join a BG solo. I have tried mapping the lunge abilities to different keys and no luck, but when I map a different ability to the key my lunge was assigned to the ability works fine.

i always have the described bugs when im solo. Have it in IC and i think in cyro too.
    PC/EU
    Loveknight - HybridDK (4*), Stahlstrahlenreiter - StamDen, Azgul Grahl Bashrugk - HybridSorc (5*), Tínúvíél - StamCro, Thógard - StamPlar
  • silver1surfer69
    silver1surfer69
    ✭✭✭✭
    xv1_me wrote: »

Are you referring to pvp? Yeah leap has been broken forever but then again so are all skills in pvp.

Leap actually freezes me when it goes off ten seconds later, then I crash out of a hundred queue.

its not a freeze, you cant use the entire skill and others too. They are just greyed out.
    PC/EU
  • silver1surfer69
    silver1surfer69
    ✭✭✭✭
    d3ccy wrote: »
    yep mentioned it in another thread but leap is bugged in ic and occasionally in bgs too.

swapping districts in ic usually fixes it until you die again, but it’s really annoying losing a lot of telvar because you thought you had an ult to use and couldn’t.

it’s the same as the last gapclose bug a couple patches ago. i don’t know if it’s effecting all gap closers or just leap in this occasion though.

As already mentioned other ranged abilities that need a target too and i think you are right, it happens when you change district, eg when you die and respawn in another district. The described is only since 1 or 2 weeks now.
    Edited by silver1surfer69 on June 27, 2021 12:15AM
    PC/EU
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s a feature.
  • silver1surfer69
    silver1surfer69
    ✭✭✭✭
    It’s a feature.

Sad but true. And you can get it for only 10 bucks a month.
    PC/EU
  • Elo106
    Elo106
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leap has always been unresponsive but now its even worse. Can smash it 5 times while not doing anything else and it doesnt go off.
  • Noldornir
    Noldornir
    ✭✭✭
    I confirm this bug on PS4 Client too (I play in EU but should be no difference) actually it's not the bug that it "used to be" but rather a new variation even worse:

Old bug= Sometimes you could read "target is not in range" when trying to shot out leap, despite the real distance being far lower than the limit (it happens even in meelee sometimes) this leads to the necessity to use ulti more than once sometimes, needless to say that this is an issue when your ultimate is giving you both burst damage (on a DoT build) and a big damage shield (DK suffering will leap -> full his resources -> get the shield -> try to finish enemy while shield is up)

New Bug= On very rare occasions (happened twice in maybe 20-30 hr of PvP play) once in a BG once in Cyro, after the first "target not in range" the skill itself get "stuck" in that condition and you can NEVER use it again EVEN if you change target, even if meelee, even if you die; in ANY condition you'll just have the issue.

So far only way to fix was a relogin but hadn't try to remove-reequip ultimate (been reading ubove it might help)

This new bug looks, once more, a desync issue like if my client is not updating the conditions that make the ultimate usable and then keeps believing they are not met.
  • silver1surfer69
    silver1surfer69
    ✭✭✭✭
    Noldornir wrote: »
    I confirm this bug on PS4 Client too (I play in EU but should be no difference) actually it's not the bug that it "used to be" but rather a new variation even worse:

Old bug= Sometimes you could read "target is not in range" when trying to shot out leap, despite the real distance being far lower than the limit (it happens even in meelee sometimes) this leads to the necessity to use ulti more than once sometimes, needless to say that this is an issue when your ultimate is giving you both burst damage (on a DoT build) and a big damage shield (DK suffering will leap -> full his resources -> get the shield -> try to finish enemy while shield is up)

New Bug= On very rare occasions (happened twice in maybe 20-30 hr of PvP play) once in a BG once in Cyro, after the first "target not in range" the skill itself get "stuck" in that condition and you can NEVER use it again EVEN if you change target, even if meelee, even if you die; in ANY condition you'll just have the issue.

So far only way to fix was a relogin but hadn't try to remove-reequip ultimate (been reading ubove it might help)

This new bug looks, once more, a desync issue like if my client is not updating the conditions that make the ultimate usable and then keeps believing they are not met.

Just for workaround untill a fix will hopefully be made:

- If you change zone it works again, works in IC.
    - Reload ui doesnt help.
    - Changing zone in cyro with loooong queue cannot be the solution. In my cases it worked again after death. So try to die, if necessesarry more then once eg by jumping a keep wall 2-3 times in a row. If all doesnt help while in cyro only a hard shutdown with ctrl+alt+del may help, becuase this way u dont need to queue again and end up in cyro again when u login again within 10 min or so.
    PC/EU
  • Sju
    Sju
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only class more enjoyable than the others to me, again, has their ult disabled during MM...Thanks zos.
  • MrMazurski
    MrMazurski
    ✭✭✭
    At my DK any charge/jump skill dont working for mostly 90% time, i just cant use it at pvp zone and bg. Actually my main hero are just unplayable. And nothing help
    - Where "Update on Cyrodiil Performance & Upcoming AOE Tests"? I wish ZOS would stop kicking players' balls, especially those on Cyro
    - - PC-EU / Ravenwatch
  • ClawOfTheTwoMoons
    ClawOfTheTwoMoons
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno not sure if you've been tagged in any bug threads yet. Just wanted to bring it to your attention. Is this being looked into?
  • ectoplasmicninja
    ectoplasmicninja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also been having this problem in BGs. In some it will work fine for the whole match, but in others it just won't fire at all and dying/unequipping doesn't change anything. It will last until I log out and back in. Hovering over the tooltip shows no range. Not "range: 0m" but range just not included at all in the tooltip. I very rarely do BGs other than during Midyear Mayhem, and I can't say this is encouraging me to PvP more often.
    PC NA, CP2000+Character creation is the true endgame.
  • MrMazurski
    MrMazurski
    ✭✭✭
    This problem has been around for a few weeks. And no improvement. my characters based on these skills are currently unplayable, because you don't know when you will get a bug with it.

Congratulations to the devs team.
    - Where "Update on Cyrodiil Performance & Upcoming AOE Tests"? I wish ZOS would stop kicking players' balls, especially those on Cyro
    - - PC-EU / Ravenwatch
  • Plasma_Elf
    Plasma_Elf
    ✭✭✭
    Can't use leap in IC at all. Tried dying, taking it off my bar then back on, /reload, relogging, disabling addons. None of that works, keeps saying skill is out of range.
  • xPoisin
    xPoisin
    ✭✭✭
    Tested today on few BGs and skills like leap / crit rush / shielded assault just do not work on DK… Tested switching skills, reloading the game, reinstalling the shole game…. nothing works…
    Buuuut, when I switched to my warden there were no issues with gapclosers…
    Assumption fot this is that ZOS hates DKs ….
  • Elo106
    Elo106
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xPoisin wrote: »
    Tested today on few BGs and skills like leap / crit rush / shielded assault just do not work on DK… Tested switching skills, reloading the game, reinstalling the shole game…. nothing works…

Interesting maybe it has something to do with the melee range increase passive? we should test specing out of that one and testing again.
  • xPoisin
    xPoisin
    ✭✭✭
    Elo106 wrote: »
    xPoisin wrote: »

Interesting maybe it has something to do with the melee range increase passive? we should test specing out of that one and testing again.

Tested 5 mins ago, co plete char reset, no skill point asigned. Asigned one skill point to Leap and it shows no range. Same with two handed, one skillpoint to crit charge and no range.. My teammates hate me for this testing 😂😂😂