Maintenance for the week of August 12:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – August 12

losing half your tel var

CoronHR
CoronHR
✭✭✭✭✭
it's a bit much, isn't it? why can't it be 10%? rather punishing and because it kills me to lose it, i port out at 1,000 tel var or so, which is tedious. we can't call a banker either.

my 3 solutions are 1) don't care 2) don't play ic 3) don't die ever. i can only accomplish 2)
PC - EU - Steam client
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4) Ignore your Tel Var stones. Just enjoy the Madness.
    Options
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's meant to be a risk, not a carefree farming area.
    Options
  • CoronHR
    CoronHR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    but half just makes me not want to play it. anyway, yeah, forget the stones, play the madness xD
    PC - EU - Steam client
    Options
  • Malthorne
    Malthorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back in the good ole days of IC it was an 80% loss for pvp deaths
    Options
  • amm7sb14_ESO
    amm7sb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I choose option #2.
    Options
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think you are going to get any helpful responses on the forums TBH. If it were me, I would probably tune it down to 25-30%, but it aint up to me. I like the idea of having a skin in the game, but I do agree the 50% is perhaps a bit too much. I also wouldnt be opposed to some flat values based on your telvar mutiple. That way you wouldnt need to constantly bank. I could also get behind different values based on who or what killed you. If you get ganked 2 seconds after soloing a boss, not sure that dude should get half your stones. Haha.

I will also say, you should play with more skin in the game than 1000 stones. I always bank all but 1k to keep my multiplier up. Yes you risk more, but you also gain more. If alchohol is involved, I usually play with 10k and run Imperial Physique, although admittedly, that doesnt always prove to be the most efficient means of farming, but it is thrilling.

I typically recommend you use 1k as a minimum and bank somewhere between 7-10k.
    Options
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Options
  • Veita
    Veita
    ✭✭✭
    It's totally fine as it is. It's supposed to be a risk. I suggest to learn when you should stop continue farming with your TVS. Turn them in when it's about time. Right now it's a pvp event and more skilled or trained players will feast on PvE players that are roaming in IC.

Don't make it easier, rather learn how to play the situation.
    Options
  • Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

It is meant to be zero risk care free ganking area

Some ganker with 0 telvar should not get half of your telvar period.
    Options
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was 10% to mobs. They changed it to the current 50% when they brought down the 80% loss to other players to 50% as well.

Personally, I’d rather 50-50 all the time than trying to figure out if I was going to lose 10 or 80 in PvPvE.
    Options
  • six2fall
    six2fall
    ✭✭✭✭
    GenjiraX wrote: »

There is abso-f'ing-lutely nothing to enjoy about this event. It's just a bunch of pissant toxic pvpers hiding at quest locations to grief pve players trying to do bare minimum in the event. It would be 1 thing if they didnt hide & we got to choose to fight but no they choose to attack when you cant even defend yourself. Damn event is just over 4 hours old & it's already made me want to quit this game.
    Options
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    six2fall wrote: »

There is abso-f'ing-lutely nothing to enjoy about this event. It's just a bunch of pissant toxic pvpers hiding at quest locations to grief pve players trying to do bare minimum in the event. It would be 1 thing if they didnt hide & we got to choose to fight but no they choose to attack when you cant even defend yourself. Damn event is just over 4 hours old & it's already made me want to quit this game.

Pvping players in PVP areas is not griefing.
    Options
  • hands0medevil
    hands0medevil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CoronHR wrote: »
    but half just makes me not want to play it. anyway, yeah, forget the stones, play the madness xD

it's endgame content, it's not for everyone
    Options
  • amm7sb14_ESO
    amm7sb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There is nothing competitive about lurking at quest turn in spots and attacking defenseless people as they are talking to NPC's.

There is nothing competitive about lurking at PVE bosses and attacking people while they are fighting other mobs.

Especially when 98% of the people who do that turn and run when you turn and face them for a fair fight.
    Options
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There is nothing competitive about lurking at quest turn in spots and attacking defenseless people as they are talking to NPC's.

There is nothing competitive about lurking at PVE bosses and attacking people while they are fighting other mobs.

Especially when 98% of the people who do that turn and run when you turn and face them for a fair fight.

Who said PVP had to be competitive? The risk that you take PVEing in a PVP zone is that you can be attacked at anytime. Put on better gear, be more aware of your surroundings, and get better at PVP. Options are there to do better in the zone and it isn't the fault of players using the zone as intended that PVE only players refuse to even try.
    Options
  • Kharner
    Kharner
    ✭✭

As a NB snipe ganker, this post makes me so happy
    Options
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In the IC the tel var loss should only be 10% per death, and all mobs should give small amounts of AP as we risk getting into PvP's. So even when you are bad at PvP, you have something to gain. PvP'ers would still gain more, as they would also get AP from players and objectives much more often than PvE'ers would.

This zone is currrently an entire waste of time.
    Options
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well they could make it so you get an ear for killing someone.
    Options
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If they changed it to a scenario where another player would get the lesser of 50% of your telvar or the current amount they are carrying, I think they would solve a lot of problems.

If I have 500 stones on me, and I kill someone with 10,000, I would get an additional 500. If I have 7,500 stones (anything over 5k) on me and I kill someone with 10,000. I would get 5,000.

I think that is one of the biggest issues in IC is that you can effectively gank with 0 skin in the game.

This happened to me the other day when Farming the DDF lead. I killed a WB solo, got ganked, lost half the stones I was carrying (like 2500, so not a huge amount). Dude tried the exact same thing like 15 minutes later. That time, I was able to avoid the gank and kill him. I got like 14 stones LOL. He clearly was ganking, porting to base, ganking, and repeating.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on June 24, 2021 8:24PM
    Options
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarannah wrote: »
    In the IC the tel var loss should only be 10% per death, and all mobs should give small amounts of AP as we risk getting into PvP's. So even when you are bad at PvP, you have something to gain. PvP'ers would still gain more, as they would also get AP from players and objectives much more often than PvE'ers would.

This zone is currrently an entire waste of time.

So, ruin the purpose of the zone so people can just farm in piece. That's a terrible idea and defeats the point of the zone. And it's a waste of time to you, not to everyone else.
    Edited by jaws343 on June 24, 2021 8:22PM
    Options
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If they changed it to a scenario where another player would get the lesser of 50% of your telvar or the current amount they are carrying, I think they would solve a lot of problems.

If I have 500 stones on me, and I kill someone with 10,000, I would get an additional 500. If I have 7,500 stones on me and I kill someone with 10,000. I would get 5,000.

I think that is one of the biggest issues in IC is that you can effectively gank with 0 skin in the game.

I'd be down with a change like this, but it needs a minimum while at 0 and if I am running with 10K stones and the player I kill has 10K stones, I should get all of their stones.
    Options
  • Kharner
    Kharner
    ✭✭

If I have 500 stones on me, and I kill someone with 10,000, I would get an additional 500. If I have 7,500 stones on me and I kill someone with 10,000. I would get 5,000.

Going into IC with a build that makes it so you can be ganked is on the player being ganked for not preparing themselves. Just as gankers have to create a specilized build, you can create a build that makes you hard/impossible to be ganked as well.

The amount of people that run around IC with 20k or less health is insane, I can kill them in 2 snipes. They didn't even do the bare minimum to survive. Today I see groups of people in Siroria/Relequen with 18k health just getting annihilated.
    Edited by Kharner on June 24, 2021 8:29PM
    Options
  • six2fall
    six2fall
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kharner wrote: »

You most have a full & fun life for something so pathetic to make you happy
    Options
  • Kharner
    Kharner
    ✭✭
    Kharner wrote: »

You most have a full & fun life for something so pathetic to make you happy

I'm happily marred with a child on the way living in a home I bought. I have a very happy life, thank you!
    Options
  • LokiAndBlack
    LokiAndBlack
    ✭✭✭

A little bit lengthy but super safe method. Take quest in arena district stay at top of you starting location. For every alliance there are 2-3 slaves/citizens/whatever that keep respawn in the range of you ranged attacks, kill the mob close to them and you get them counted repeat 6 times and go back down to turn the quest. Stay in sneak or even better retreat to the blue safe area between spawns. Watch tv/netflix/disney plus/ whatever, drink beer/tea/coffee/whatever or read book/news/some funny posts of happy gankers that will never hit you there :D . You get your quest done, you get your ticket and no one can kill you ever as long as you don't jump down and don't stay out of blue area without sneak :). Sure it takes around 10 minutes but it guarantees you that no one will kill you if it is important for you. There are dozens of pve ppl who do that. You can also repeat it on weekend like on all your chars and only turn 1 quest daily for 3-4-5-6-7-number of your chars -1 days :)
    Edited by LokiAndBlack on June 24, 2021 8:30PM
    Options
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is zero issue with the current system if you're scared of losing your tel var stones then improve your skill.
    Options
  • clearly
    clearly
    ✭✭✭

mad cuz bad

Options
  • amm7sb14_ESO
    amm7sb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Who said PVP had to be competitive? The risk that you take PVEing in a PVP zone is that you can be attacked at anytime. Put on better gear, be more aware of your surroundings, and get better at PVP. Options are there to do better in the zone and it isn't the fault of players using the zone as intended that PVE only players refuse to even try.

Competition is literally the entire point of PVP.

"Get better at PVP" means nothing when you're being ganked while in a dialogue screen with an NPC.

Stop justifying trash behavior because you don't have any skills to face someone head on.
    Options
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Competition is literally the entire point of PVP.

"Get better at PVP" means nothing when you're being ganked while in a dialogue screen with an NPC.

Stop justifying trash behavior because you don't have any skills to face someone head on.

Be more prepared and more aware of your surroundings before interacting with an NPC. You know that gankers will be in the zone. Don't do actions that open you up to them without better preparation. I have literally never been ganked doing quests in Imperial City while interacting with NPCs because I clear the area before doing so. And there are plenty of quest options in Imperial City that do not require interacting with NPCs in the zone, so do those if the other ones are too hard for you.

And I actually don't gank in Imperial City. I do attack any players I see, openly. I just don't think ganking is a problem and that being better at PVP will almost always make you better at defending against gankers.
    Edited by jaws343 on June 24, 2021 8:43PM
    Options
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The only places in IC where you can get an Npc with dialog boxes are in safe zones where you can't be ganked. There's some quest objectives that have a brief interact button animation, but no dialog.
    Options
This discussion has been closed.