The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

NB Pure Stam Bow/Bow...

Ken_Koerperich
Ken_Koerperich
✭✭✭
Would this work once I get everything open & earned?

Predominately SOLO, but I did include stuff for Dungeons that I am required to run if need be....

Snipe -> Lethal
Poison -> Injection
ASpray -> Acid
Blur -> Mirage
Grim -> Relentless
DawnBreaker -> Flawless

Back:

Expert Hunter -> Camo
Imbue -> Crushing
Shade -> Dark Shade
Rapid -> Charging
Vigor -> Echoing Vigor
DeathStroke -> Soul Harvest

IF this works, which Armor Set(s)/combination do you recommend?

I generally run:

Light Helm
Heavy Shoulder
Medium Everything Else

Bow Crafted -> Set or Dungeon I can do?

Jewelry Set -> Crafted or Dungeon?
  • oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭
    First off, you're probably going to get more replies for something like this in the "Combat and Character Mechanics" section of the forums, people post builds there fairly often. You can either make similar one or ask a forum mod for this one to be moved, if you want. Then again, you'll get a lot of endgamers nitpicking and debating each other, so perhaps putting your question here was for the best.

I'll take a stab at helping, though I am wondering what kind of content you're talking about when you say "solo". Are you interested in working toward a build for overland questing, soloing world bosses, soloing 4-man dungeons, and/or the solo arenas?

One big consideration for any solo build is that enemies are going to run up and attack you in melee range most of the time, so double barring a bow isn't really necessary. If you're committed to a bow/bow setup, though, it is possible to make one work. I'd highly recommend you read through this thread, which is a fairly recent discussion of a NB bow/bow build, although it was in the context of endgame group PvE content.

For skills, I would suggest adding caltrops (specifically razor caltrops) and volley (morphed into endless hail) on your backbar. Endless hail is a staple of most stamina builds in the game because of a very powerful bow (called Thunderous Volley) that drops in Maelstrom Arena (people often just refer to it as MA/vMA bow). That arena won't be something you have to worry about for a while, but it is a good idea to get used to playing with that skill early on. Additionally, you'll only want to slot rapids when you expect to be running around a lot, so in dungeons it can be replaced with one of the two aforementioned skills.

I would also probably remove Crushing Weapon (though I can't say 100%, and it could work for you), as I haven't seen it used in a while and even when it was used, it was as a spammable that people would weave light attacks with while all their damage over time abilities ticked. Even if you use it, it doesn't make much sense on your back bar and, as it stands, you're fine for spammables between snipe (single target >50%), poison injection (single target <50%), and acid spray (aoe). In a similar vein, you'd want to move camo hunter to your front bar so that all these skills are getting its benefit.

That's not an exhaustive rundown but enough to get you started, and even still I would recommend taking it slow and enjoying where you're at without stressing too much about optimizing just yet. That being said, for right now look into getting the crafted Hunding's Rage set. It is good while you are leveling and then a fresh set will help you once you hit gear cap and are farming other gear. You can mix this with another crafted set, such as the new Heartland Conqueror set, or try to add a dropped set. Leviathan is a set that drops in Crypt of Hearts which provides straight up crit chance on all it's pieces, and is a solid enough set if you get some pieces to drop for you. Briarheart is an overland set that drops in Wrothgar (a DLC zone), and is one of the best for solo stamina builds. I'd caution you against farming these heavily while you are leveling, though, as it's hard to complete a set before you level out of the gear by quite a bit.
    PC NA
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I generally run:

Light Helm
    Heavy Shoulder
    Medium Everything Else
    I am not expert, but you could potentially get slightly more armour if you would swap shoulder & Helm armour weights. I think that heavy helmet & light shoulder provides slightly more armour vs light helmet & heavy shoulder.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The problem with Snipe as a bow-bow spammable when playing solo is that you get interrupted a lot. I've come to prefer Silver Shards. Oh wait -- you have Crushing Weapon. That works too.

What's the point of Charging Maneuver?

As I already noted, you'll be in melee a lot whether your want to be or not. So the execute is worth considering. That said, I never use it, because my stamblade is a thief and hence has the Concealed Weapon morph instead.

You seem to have left out both Merciless Resolve and Leeching Strikes??!!??!!?? (Sorry if I picked the wrong morph names; I didn't check.)

Poison Injection has been nerfed so much it is a candidate for being left out. Besides, there might be situations where you wish you had the Venom Arrow morph for interrupts.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Get rid of rapids from back bar, put mirage there.

Drop crushing weapon and put arrow barrage there.

Drop cammo hunter from back bar, put caltrops for solo, cammo for group content.

Where you've dropped mirage from front bar, put cammo hunter.

As far as sets go, pale order for solo.

For group stuff like dungeons, the usual meta sets. If it's dungeons rather than trials, wouldn't bother with rele. Like kinras and tzogvin would be decent for 4 man content.
    Edited by Brrrofski on June 18, 2021 2:47PM