Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Companions Annoyances

• Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    joaotextor wrote: »
    I love to climb stuff with my character (buildings, tends, high places), but with Mirri I can't jump anymore. Instead, I speak to her. LOL

Mirri is not climber-friendly!

On XBox, I picked the preset with the Jump and Interact With Mirri on different buttons. It is harder to jump, but now I don't need Mirri's permission, first. :smile:

Nice!

But definitely do not want to change the jump button...
    Where did you change the keep mapping for Companions interaction?

Tanks!

Z
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    1) They get in the way

I fully agree on this one. Way too many times, i'm trying to jump or loot or do something but the companion is in just the right spot between character and camera, so i end up talking to them, instead of doing the thing i'm trying to do. I have the same issue when bankers and merchants are out in dungeons. More so, with the cats and crows, since they're so much harder to spot, trying to loot bigger bosses.

2) Dialog repetition

I get that they only have so much dialog but it would be nice to get more variety when they use it. If i am farming nodes for materials, Bastion doesn't need to comment EVERY TIME, let alone say "What are you going to make with that?" EVERY TIME. Mirri isn't nearly as annoying to me as Bastion but it DOES get annoying pretty quickly.

3) Not enough story

I went through their missions and i'm only at level 10 with them? is that it? it seems like these guys should have had way more depth to them, given how much companions will likely cost, going forward. Houseguests are WAAAAAY too expensive, so i can only see companions being a hundred times worse, if they get put into the crown store.

4) they hate me

Granted, a lot of people DO but i play as a nightblade thief, so i do a lot of stealing and a lot of stabbing. Needless to say, using the blade of woe or just taking things, has lost a lot of rep points for my main character.

5) Could use more customization

This one isn't as much a grip but it would be nice if we had more customization options for them. It's already most options, so, uh... why didn't they just let us go the full amount? I would have liked being able to better differentiate them on each character, or from the hundreds of other bastians and mirris i see in the towns. Not a problem but just a want.

"They hate me" - I laughed so hard! Because you are a NB. The need an evil companion!!!

"Hey, dare you to stab that guy!!!" - dialogue like that!
  • LostGamer
    LostGamer
    ✭✭✭
    I definitely want to change the interact key for companions to something unique - NOT the primary or secondary!!
    This way, I can ignore that they are trying to get in the way and still get the work done (like looting). :)

I also think they should be able to carry Companion gear. OK, so I loot it, but if it is good, then let me give it to them to hold.