The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Companions Annoyances

Zama666
Zama666
✭✭✭✭
Ugh....Why does MIrri always get in my way. About to pick something up, she is my way. Press the button to pick, I end up talking to her...
Why can't she stay away from me!
Is it my Axe body spray?

Annoyance two

I slotted Nuzhimeh the merchant in my quick slot to sell stuff when I get full. When she is summoned Mirri disappears. And I have to resummon her.
As soon as I end my transaction with Nuzzie, why can't she disapper...why do I have to chose 'Dismiss'. The Mirri needs to be summoned....ugh...

Beginning to like my pet better.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Companions seem to want to stand in front of my reticle. So far Mirri makes a habit of standing ever so slightly between me and the quest NPC, such that her hitbox overlaps the interact prompt to talk to them instead.

2. My Companions have started flashing me. When I summon them or we zone into a delve, I get a split second flash of them in their underwear before their gear reappears. Awkward, much? I'm not one to handwring over immersion very often, but it's definitely one of those eyebrow-raising bugs for me.

3. This one may be pure personal preference, but I'm really annoyed that we get zero rapport for doing story quests with Companions. Like, I could literally save Tamriel from Daedric Princes with Bastian and Mirri and they'll be like "Whatever, who cares." But close three dolmens or recover a badly tuned fiddle from a public dungeon and they're singing my praises in a week or two. It's a stupidly grind-centric approach to Companions as combat pets that completely ignores about their roleplaying potential beyond their three personal quests.
    Options
  • Aektann
    Aektann
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Companions seem to want to stand in front of my reticle. So far Mirri makes a habit of standing ever so slightly between me and the quest NPC, such that her hitbox overlaps the interact prompt to talk to them
    I won't use Mirri anymore because of this. Try to jump?(with game pad on console) Oh no, you don't need this! Better speak with Mirri!!
    This need to change @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by Aektann on June 19, 2021 7:37PM
    Options
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    So all Companions do not behave in this way - getting in the way?
    Options
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wish she stood in front of me. My Mirri loves to wait until I drop an AOE or ultimate like the Colossus then sprint backwards, pulling the boss out of the damage area. Every. Single. Time.
    Options
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm happily using the addon 'No Interact' to keep from chatting with Mirri while trying to loot things or open doors etc. I wish that the devs would really take a look at some of the wonderful work that addon makers do to help mitigate irritants.

I don't think you have to take steps to dismiss Nuz. After you're done with her, I think you can just select summon Mirri and Nuz will disappear.

I do wish ranged companions would not always dodge roll back. Dodging to the side sometimes or even forward can still work and not lead to resetting the boss. Honestly, I wish when Mirri dodge rolled, she would do so toward me. When I play a squishy dps, even I know it works best to lead a troublesome foe to a tankier character - not away from them.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
    Options
  • hundergrn
    hundergrn
    ✭✭✭
    Mirri is from a big family... probably a middle child largely ignored between the oldest and youngest siblings. She is starved for attention and positions herself just so to get it.
    2. My Companions have started flashing me. When I summon them or we zone into a delve, I get a split second flash of them in their underwear before their gear reappears. Awkward, much? I'm not one to handwring over immersion very often, but it's definitely one of those eyebrow-raising bugs for me.

I've noticed this too... it didn't start until after they fixed the Companion Gear bug. Most likely a quirk in how they rearranged the loading of companions to avoid gear loss. Curiously... does Mirri still flash when loading in with a Costume selected?
    3. This one may be pure personal preference, but I'm really annoyed that we get zero rapport for doing story quests with Companions. Like, I could literally save Tamriel from Daedric Princes with Bastian and Mirri and they'll be like "Whatever, who cares." But close three dolmens or recover a badly tuned fiddle from a public dungeon and they're singing my praises in a week or two. It's a stupidly grind-centric approach to Companions as combat pets that completely ignores about their roleplaying potential beyond their three personal quests.

It would be difficult to include quest completion into the rapport system... that's like a massive middle finger to those that have spent years playing the game and completed a majority of the quests in the game. Plus I doubt they would include this without some absurd timer to prevent people from trying to power rapport companions by stacking easy repeatables.

Options
  • Truupe
    Truupe
    ✭✭
    Mirri always seems to stand behind me while Bastian rushes in front of me. I wonder if this is just coincidence or part of some AI applying ranged vs melee positioning (I have Mirri armed with a bow, while Bastian is S&B) . So, my complaints are similar except that they're for Bastian and not Mirri.
    Options
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Truupe wrote: »
    Mirri always seems to stand behind me while Bastian rushes in front of me. I wonder if this is just coincidence or part of some AI applying ranged vs melee positioning (I have Mirri armed with a bow, while Bastian is S&B) . So, my complaints are similar except that they're for Bastian and not Mirri.

Interesting. Mirri has a resto staff.

It is not only in battle, it is can be like trying to pick a lock - she's in the way, trying to jump, she's in the way, and I am talking to her instead of leaping.

Harvesting ingredients...I have never wanted to kill an ally so badly!!!
    Options
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's posts like this that make me happy I haven't touched companions.
    Options
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    "I'd like to think I am agreeable."

THEN STAY OUT OF MY WAY MIRRI!!!!!

Why must you get in my way when I am trying to jump, open a lock, pick my nose!!!!!

PERSONAL SPACE!!!! Heard of it..?

*agreeable* <facepalm>
    Options
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hundergrn wrote: »
    Mirri is from a big family... probably a middle child largely ignored between the oldest and youngest siblings. She is starved for attention and positions herself just so to get it.

I've noticed this too... it didn't start until after they fixed the Companion Gear bug. Most likely a quirk in how they rearranged the loading of companions to avoid gear loss. Curiously... does Mirri still flash when loading in with a Costume selected?

It would be difficult to include quest completion into the rapport system... that's like a massive middle finger to those that have spent years playing the game and completed a majority of the quests in the game. Plus I doubt they would include this without some absurd timer to prevent people from trying to power rapport companions by stacking easy repeatables.

this could be solved pretty easy...5 Rapportpoints for each Daily Quest completed.
    keeping the major 125 for doin mages or fightersguild ofc ;)

this would bring some inceantive to to daily pledges or other daily quests like the ones in Northern Skyrim or back in Vvardenfell, and repopulate those maps a bit more.

Mainstory Quests are a bit thougher dough, since new characters dont spawn in their alliances respective starterzone anymore but always spawn in the newest released chapterzone.
    I dont think, that players who completed all storys would mind this a lot, since those quests are (compared to dailies for example) very time consuming.

Back to topic...

"No Interract" for PC gamers is kinda a ,must atm, when using the companion to gain rapport or LvL

However, the consoleplayers cannot use this and are quite screwed.

The issue starts with the interaction Hitboxsize, which is way to big...when walking into one direction and the stop, the Hitbox will come infornt of my character, which then ends up in the described issue when picking up a node or wanting to talk to a npc.

There are atleast two easy solutions ZOS could make.

1. Decrease the interact Hitboxsize by approx 50% -> If I want to talk to my Companion I'll walk to him and talk with him
    2. Increase the distance the Companion will have to the player, just let him stop further away then he does atm.
    Edited by SaintSubwayy on July 10, 2021 5:34PM
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

Options
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    NO MIRRI I DON'T WANT TO TALK TO YOU WHEN I AM TRYING TO PICK UP TREASURE....

I REALLY DON'T......

WHERE IS MY REPUTATION WITH YOU???????????????

iT IS -999!!!!!
    Options
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bastian, while fighting a dragon in Elsweyr — the dragon, still at about half health, flies up to firebomb us from the skies (it *is* a dragon, after all): “Sheathe your weapons! The battle is won.”

Me, shaking my head sadly, “Dude. Run!”
    Options
  • DP99
    DP99
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've never had either of them stand in my way when opening a chest or harvesting, I've always been able to move them to a spot nearby and not in front of me.

I have seen the costume change underwear flash thing with Mirri though, never on Bastian.

They do say their quotes at some odd and inappropriate times.
    Options
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings!

Recently, we've had to remove a few posts for Spamming, content that is against the Community Rules.
    • Spamming: Please do not post spam on the official The Elder Scrolls Online forums. Below are a few examples of what we define as spamming:
      - Posting the same message more than once
      - Posting messages that are nonsensical or have no real content
      - Posting messages or images large enough to disrupt the normal flow of conversation
      - Reposting material that has been removed by a member of the ESO Team
      - Also, please refrain from posting the same topic in multiple areas of the forum, or cross-posting in an attempt to gain further views or replies. This is considered spamming, and the duplicate threads will be removed.
    For further posts be sure to stay constructive and respectful to avoid thread derailment.

Thank you for understanding.
    Options
    Staff Post
  • MagmaFerret
    MagmaFerret
    ✭✭
    I haven't been massively annoyed at Bastion (S&B), but there are a few times.

He likes to run past in front of me after fights, like Lyris did in Coldharbor tutorial.

He once ran forward to pull aggro on a World Boss that I was outside of detection on. Guess he was in detection.

When other players pull mobs in delves and run by, he'll attack them when they're near me. I've had several fights turn bigger this way.
    Options
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mirri's bug fetish is annoying. But I think Bastion with his getting upset when that rat leaps in front of your shot that was aimed for the mobs, "Oh, such a waste of life." I could see it if I was killing farm animals, but spiders and rats.

It would be nice to get a companion who doesn't get upset when I'm engaged in more questionable activities. (A Khajiit or Bosmer maybe)
    Edited by starlizard70ub17_ESO on August 2, 2021 1:50PM
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
    Options
  • DP99
    DP99
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mirri's bug fetish is annoying. But I think Bastion with his getting upset when that rat leaps in front of your shot that was aimed for the mobs, "Oh, such a waste of life." I could see it if I was killing farm animals, but spiders and rats.

It would be nice to get a companion who doesn't get upset when I'm engaged in more questionable activities. (A Khajiit or Bosmer maybe)

Well, Mirri doesn’t care if you steal stuff, so at least she’s got that going for her.

Options
  • gamma71
    gamma71
    ✭✭✭✭
    We're ever I wanna click there he is in the way. Keep all companion s 6ft away at all times they don't need to be up in your grill every second.
    Options
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am a PC player but use a Logitech controller.

When Mirra gets close - the 'A' button get toggled to interact with her. So ANNOYING.

Of course this is also the 'Jump' button (A button). So I will want to jump, and of course Mirri get too close and I end up talking to her.

Thankfully in Combat, that does not happen. God, imagine if it was...how many Mirri related deaths there would be?

On the key board when she gets to close the E button is talk to and the space bar is jump.

did anyone toggle the A key for Mirri to something else? If so, how did that turn out?

Tanks!
    Options
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aektann wrote: »
    1. Companions seem to want to stand in front of my reticle. So far Mirri makes a habit of standing ever so slightly between me and the quest NPC, such that her hitbox overlaps the interact prompt to talk to them
    I won't use Mirri anymore because of this. Try to jump?(with game pad on console) Oh no, you don't need this! Better speak with Mirri!!
    This need to change @ZOS_GinaBruno

@Aektann 100%
    Options
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I quite love the companion system. My elf fired Bastion for yelling at her when she accidently grabbed a potion or something while trying to interract with a merchant. She gets along ever so much better with Mirri. So we have Mirri set up to change from ranged dps to tank to healer. Hence, my primary wish for companions is to give them a dozen or slot inventory slots so they can carry their own gear to help me change their role. With only five skill slots, that part is easy but managing their gear if you change roles frequently on them could really use some love.

The next most important feature I'd like to see is to bring companions into my homes - just like I can do with a summoned bear. A copy houseguest standing in one spot or walking some static path is a far cry from just bringing the actual companion into the home - just like when we visit a tavern. Other advantages of bringing a companion into my home are that it would ease changing gear/roles for them since I have a banker in the home. Also (just like my bear) I could tell Mirri to attack my Precursor dummy and actually get a dps check on her pretty easily.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
    Options
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Companions seem to want to stand in front of my reticle. So far Mirri makes a habit of standing ever so slightly between me and the quest NPC, such that her hitbox overlaps the interact prompt to talk to them instead.

I haven’t experienced the second item but number three is starting to frustrate me. More quests, including repeatable quests, should increase rapport! Why would I want to do Fighters’ Guild quests on my character who is max rank, has the dolmen achievement, etc.??? I don’t mind doing those with Mirri on another character where I’m still working on leveling the guild skill lines too (and at least leveling is accountwide) but is rapport with my main only to be drop by drop when I read a book or excavate an antiquity??? It would be really great if a wider range of quests, repeatable and not, gave you rapport, with a cooldown period, naturally. Other ways too on occasion would be nice, as through a slightly longer conversation, the occasional gift. Although not applicable to quests where we don’t have choices, I liked how in Dragon Age and SWTOR you gained and lost rapport with characters based on things you said both to them and others and how you resolved quests. I think that’s one of the few things I really miss in ESO, being able to shape how my character interacts with others, how they are viewed, etc.

And it would be nice if with Mirri say there was no impact on rapport until you harvested a second insect withon a timeframe and even became more severe if you started to harvest a lot. Gamewise it makes sense because you might be trying to avoid grabbing insects but then accidentally click one while looting for instance. And characterwise that would feel better because it’s one thing to overlook something done in the chaos of battle or on accident, as versus the player deliberately ignoring how the feel about it and going torchbug collecting.

Just some thoughts, that hopefully make sense — stayed up too late and going to sleep now! :sleeping:
    Edited by Araneae6537 on October 8, 2021 12:34AM
    Options
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zama666 wrote: »
    "I'd like to think I am agreeable."

THEN STAY OUT OF MY WAY MIRRI!!!!!

Why must you get in my way when I am trying to jump, open a lock, pick my nose!!!!!

PERSONAL SPACE!!!! Heard of it..?

*agreeable* <facepalm>

Dont ever get a Jack Russel as a pet. :)
    I have 4 and have resigned myself to being followed into the toilet.
    Options
  • Elendir2am
    Elendir2am
    ✭✭✭✭
    I only have Mirri for a short time, so I always like to talk to her ... for now. It doesn't even happen to me that often.
    But what her presence alerts me to is how much insects fly around interactive objects.
    I want to read a book, pull a lever, or search a backpack on the floor, and I have one point down at that moment.
    Options
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elendir2am wrote: »
    I only have Mirri for a short time, so I always like to talk to her ... for now. It doesn't even happen to me that often.
    But what her presence alerts me to is how much insects fly around interactive objects.
    I want to read a book, pull a lever, or search a backpack on the floor, and I have one point down at that moment.

To bad she was not around in PvP to tell me when to roll dodge...I am always a bit too late....
    Options
  • joaotextor
    joaotextor
    ✭✭
    I love to climb stuff with my character (buildings, tends, high places), but with Mirri I can't jump anymore. Instead, I speak to her. LOL

Mirri is not climber-friendly!
    Options
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was switching MIrri's gear...halfway through, she runs off to fight something!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And it was not even close by.

So much for the restoration staff getting equipped....

Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    joaotextor wrote: »
    I love to climb stuff with my character (buildings, tends, high places), but with Mirri I can't jump anymore. Instead, I speak to her. LOL

Mirri is not climber-friendly!

On XBox, I picked the preset with the Jump and Interact With Mirri on different buttons. It is harder to jump, but now I don't need Mirri's permission, first. :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • WraithShadow13
    WraithShadow13
    ✭✭✭✭
    1) They get in the way

I fully agree on this one. Way too many times, i'm trying to jump or loot or do something but the companion is in just the right spot between character and camera, so i end up talking to them, instead of doing the thing i'm trying to do. I have the same issue when bankers and merchants are out in dungeons. More so, with the cats and crows, since they're so much harder to spot, trying to loot bigger bosses.

2) Dialog repetition

I get that they only have so much dialog but it would be nice to get more variety when they use it. If i am farming nodes for materials, Bastion doesn't need to comment EVERY TIME, let alone say "What are you going to make with that?" EVERY TIME. Mirri isn't nearly as annoying to me as Bastion but it DOES get annoying pretty quickly.

3) Not enough story

I went through their missions and i'm only at level 10 with them? is that it? it seems like these guys should have had way more depth to them, given how much companions will likely cost, going forward. Houseguests are WAAAAAY too expensive, so i can only see companions being a hundred times worse, if they get put into the crown store.

4) they hate me

Granted, a lot of people DO but i play as a nightblade thief, so i do a lot of stealing and a lot of stabbing. Needless to say, using the blade of woe or just taking things, has lost a lot of rep points for my main character.

5) Could use more customization

This one isn't as much a grip but it would be nice if we had more customization options for them. It's already most options, so, uh... why didn't they just let us go the full amount? I would have liked being able to better differentiate them on each character, or from the hundreds of other bastians and mirris i see in the towns. Not a problem but just a want.
    Options