The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Dear ZOS: Isn't time for a "Negate Stamina" ability?

• Suna_Ye_Sunnabe
    Suna_Ye_Sunnabe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Negate stamina would remove any ability for a melee player to attack with any abilities. Awesome. Bring on the bow spamming!

I mean its not like magicka players are ranged or anything and can just move out of the negate field...

Mag dks, magplars, and all mages using daggers and melee abilities would like a word with you.
    Angua Anyammis Ae Sunna
  • HumbleThaumaturge
    HumbleThaumaturge
    ✭✭✭✭
    I mean its not like magicka players are ranged or anything and can just move out of the negate field...

Ah, but the Templar's joy of Jabbing! One must be up close and personal to jab. Therefore, a Negate Magicka takes away the Templar's primary attack.

Theres the problem: You forget Templars have other abilities other than spamming jab.

And which of those abilities does not require Magicka?
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We could call it "Disarm".
  • Pauwer
    Pauwer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jrgray93 wrote: »
    As a magicka user, I absolutely do not want this. Negate is already obnoxious and not fun. I do not wish this on more people.

Also, it would probably negate your roll, block, and break free. If that becomes a thing, I quit the game on the spot.

Yes, this. You can't really silence stamina, it would be just stupid. For all kinds of classes and builds.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pauwer wrote: »
    jrgray93 wrote: »
    As a magicka user, I absolutely do not want this. Negate is already obnoxious and not fun. I do not wish this on more people.

Also, it would probably negate your roll, block, and break free. If that becomes a thing, I quit the game on the spot.

Yes, this. You can't really silence stamina, it would be just stupid. For all kinds of classes and builds.

Just the skills, not the "core skills" as we are calling them now.
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »

You've never heard of Magicka DKs and Magblades who use concealed weapon?

m.. magdk? But thats a myth! *shiftly looks at own magdk character* .......myth.
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • six2fall
    six2fall
    ✭✭✭✭
    Think there is already too much cc in this game
  • Urusovite
    Urusovite
    ✭✭✭
    So today MIrri and I were all by ourselves fighting the Toad-Tongue War Camp worldboss (Zathmoz) in Blackwood. The boss kept dropping Negate Magicka . . . which really annoyed my magicka Templar. But it made me wonder: Why is there no Negate Stamina ability? Well, sure, I know: Magicka-users are hated; but besides that. Try soloing a worldboss while he's standing in a Negate Stamina circle. I'm sure the stamina-based players would love the extra challenge.

Magicka is best without contest in pve and stamina can compete in pvp. If anything, zos has something against stam. Less stam class skills, less class identity, more need for procs, lowest penetration, etc etc. fyi, stam too jumps out of negates because they have to use mag skills too and nobody is supposed to stand in stupid. Move.
    PS4 NA
    Medium Stam Dk since launch
    Technologically incompetent I'm told

Solo play is the only way
  • HumbleThaumaturge
    HumbleThaumaturge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lots of folks have suggested that a magicka-user should just get out of the Negate Magicka. Well, of course! I always do. I wasn't asking to eliminate the Negate Magicka, nor was I asking for suggestions on how to deal with a Negate Magicka. I simply would like the Stamina players to feel the same "challenge" by having a Negate Stamina for them. Perhaps, something that negated Abilities only, without impacting dodge-roll and block and movement. Why is it okay to Negate a magicka templar? But not a stamina player?
    Edited by HumbleThaumaturge on June 18, 2021 7:58PM
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If they added that, Cyrodill would be reduced to which zerg can cast both their negates first. Light Attacks Online, lol.
  • Czeri
    Czeri
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are boss attacks that suck out the stamina pool, eg in Stone Garden, and they're a massive pain. I would hate anything else like that.
  • Milli_Rabbit
    Milli_Rabbit
    ✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    I think the implementation would have to be different or else it would also cut off core combat skills (block, dodge, break free).

Just clarify it doesn't affect core combat skills
  • amm7sb14_ESO
    amm7sb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finedaible wrote: »
    If they added that, Cyrodill would be reduced to which zerg can cast both their negates first. Light Attacks Online, lol.

As opposed to the CC-fest that it is now?
  • Bucky_13
    Bucky_13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure as soon as the number of Heals which scale off Weapon Damage are equivalent to the number which scale off Spell Damage, as in, whole lines of Healing Skills

As a stam player 99% of the time. We have Vigor. If I do play a mag char, I miss Vigor since it's better for self healing than all the skills in Resto staff skill line.

As far as topic goes, I agree that a morph of Negate that affects Stam makes sense and should be added, the fact that it isn't has always seemed weird and unfair to me.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bucky_13 wrote: »
    Sure as soon as the number of Heals which scale off Weapon Damage are equivalent to the number which scale off Spell Damage, as in, whole lines of Healing Skills

As a stam player 99% of the time. We have Vigor. If I do play a mag char, I miss Vigor since it's better for self healing than all the skills in Resto staff skill line.

As far as topic goes, I agree that a morph of Negate that affects Stam makes sense and should be added, the fact that it isn't has always seemed weird and unfair to me.

I'm accustomed to using Negate to shut down a group's Healers above anything else. Echoing Vigor is the only group heal most Stam has access to, Mag can layer a bunch of different HoTs on others.

That's the balance to this matter in my view. I don't want Stam group healing, or Stam negate. In fact I'm quite fine with Stam having no heals and relying entirely on Potions and HP Regen, to me it's more thematic. Thematically Vigor and Rally as "battle-shout" and "focus / stance" skills should provide a buff other than HPS, in my opinion.

Edited by Urzigurumash on June 18, 2021 9:44PM
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast