Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO Console Enhanced FAQ

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hashsnob wrote: »
    Ok... So, we know fidelity mode is 4k on the x and ps5, 1440p on the s. We also know performance mode is 1080 on the s.... But what was sacrificed for performance mode on the x and ps5? Like what resolution is it? Etc etc. Kinda crazy that we have to ask. I'm assuming 1440p? Or is it 4k with all the other graphical enhancements dropped? it would be nice to know....

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/60247
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    >>I would expect this to be a Sony thing, like the problem with downloading yesterday. It's their store, and they are the ones storing the achievements on their platform. Have you brought this up with them?

>>The reason to mention it to Sony is to just register dissatisfaction with how the transition to the PS5 was handled. Since the Trophies are a known and stated thing, it is obviously something that came up between ZOS and Sony, and is already decided. Decided things have a tendency to stay that way.

Can you tell us all about the discussions since you seem to claim to definitively know it's not possible and definitely Sony's fault, despite the fact that you know, there are other PS4 games that exist with a PS5 version where the trophies are synced between the two versions?

Hitman 3 and AC Valhalla come easily to mind. With both games the PS5 version starts with a blank trophy list that is then populated by the trophies received while playing the PS4 version. So it's entirely possible.
  • hashsnob
    hashsnob
    ✭✭✭
    hashsnob wrote: »
    Ok... So, we know fidelity mode is 4k on the x and ps5, 1440p on the s. We also know performance mode is 1080 on the s.... But what was sacrificed for performance mode on the x and ps5? Like what resolution is it? Etc etc. Kinda crazy that we have to ask. I'm assuming 1440p? Or is it 4k with all the other graphical enhancements dropped? it would be nice to know....

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/60247

Thank you. They should have just copy pasta'd that into this forum 'faq".
  • NinchiTV
    NinchiTV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alright, I gave prime time cyrodiil a chance, absolutely no difference when it comes to skill delay and lag. Cant wait for BF and halo, im so done with ESO. Even with getting next gen tech it STILL runs horrible in cyrodiil prime.
  • Andyhunter21
    Andyhunter21
    ✭✭✭
    Is anyone else getting horrible framerate drops and slowing during trials on PS5 performance mode? Zos hasnt said anything about it and seems to be ignoring anyone who talks about it.
  • beer781993
    beer781993
    ✭✭✭✭
    NinchiTV wrote: »
    Alright, I gave prime time cyrodiil a chance, absolutely no difference when it comes to skill delay and lag. Cant wait for BF and halo, im so done with ESO. Even with getting next gen tech it STILL runs horrible in cyrodiil prime.

It's not even running above 60 fps on a 3000€ beast PC if you get into cyro or a trial....

As somebody who also plays on pc I knew that from the beginning. They would have to recode the whole thing to let it run smoothly on modern hardware.

Better wait for their next game.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    beer781993 wrote: »
    NinchiTV wrote: »

It's not even running above 60 fps on a 3000€ beast PC if you get into cyro or a trial....

As somebody who also plays on pc I knew that from the beginning. They would have to recode the whole thing to let it run smoothly on modern hardware.

Better wait for their next game.

ZOS even qualifies performance by stating that it can drop under certain in-game circumstances. You will not get a constant 60 FPS out of this game when playing this game with graphics turned up high, and possibly even with them turned down to low.

I think it is common knowledge that the game is not bound by the GPU, but by the CPU and communications from the server. You can have a top of the line overclocked water cooled GPU, but if your processor falls down on the job, you are not going to get the FPS that you think you will get, and if the server is lagging, the game response is not going to be top of the line.

ESO used to be bound by single thread CPU performance, so even if you had a beast multi-core processor, it was still limited to the best the CPU could give a single core. Since then, ZOS has improved the multi-core performance of the game, but my feeling is that it is still bound by some single core limitations. Just not as badly as before.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • BearCubInSky
    BearCubInSky
    ✭✭
    Still no news on HDR? Whatever happened to addressing fan feedback? Is there another place to make issues known?
  • tigerdrsk
    tigerdrsk
    After installing the ps5 version not once but twice. The first time was due to the glitch of having to have a disc in order to play it eventhough not only did i buy the physical versions but the digital ones except for blackwood. After uninstalling that and then reinstalling it after a purchase of the 79.99 by a relative that came with the digital ps 5 version i tried again. Noticed the change in the trophies and then the comments here about them not transferring ps4 progress over. That made me uninstall the game and bring back the ps4 version.

In a nutshell, the reason why current ps4 players cannot even get the 'free' digital ps5 version falls into two categories mainly due to the fact that in the decision to not transfer the trophies, it impacted the game to split it into two different entries, especially with selling the ps5 version of tamriel unlimited now the console advanced version for 19.99 and the 79.99 version that comes with a lot of dlc and both ps4 and ps 5 versions.

Due to this, only disc based versions can get it for free. Even if you purchased blackwood for ps4, BECAUSE it doesn't fall into either category and ps5 console advanced has its own price tag and achievements, current ps4 players won't be able to get their free upgrade unless they use a disc. So hindsight is completely on ZOS that digital players are unless they patch the trophies to be counted between both games, players will have to either as a current player pay an additional 20 dollars to get the ps5 version without a disc, say goodbye to earning a continuation of those ps4 achievements and start from scratch, or newer players purchasing the 79.99 version for about the same.

In its current state and since playing beta and be on the ps4 version since 2015, I don't see the point for the quicker load times if I have to sacrifice my constant work for the past six years just to enjoy more graphics on my ps5 and make all my point to that almost moot if i might not get a platinum trophy after spending so much resources of time and money on ESO.

I suggest ZOS look into ways to get the trophies to sync at the very least, as the ps5 version is a hard pass until then for those of us that don't wish to repeat the same things over again after spending years on the game.
  • tigerdrsk
    tigerdrsk
    As another note, the fix for the blackwood ps4 purchases would have to have ZOS change either retroactively or going forward make sure that the ps5 console enhanced version was included for said purchase. Last I checked, neither ps 4 option included the ps 5 console enhanced edition. So that may fix that problem digitally atleast for those if they haven't been able to download it digitally for free. Before anyone asks, yes I am in the US.
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tigerdrsk wrote: »
    As another note, the fix for the blackwood ps4 purchases would have to have ZOS change either retroactively or going forward make sure that the ps5 console enhanced version was included for said purchase. Last I checked, neither ps 4 option included the ps 5 console enhanced edition. So that may fix that problem digitally atleast for those if they haven't been able to download it digitally for free. Before anyone asks, yes I am in the US.

I'm not sure why you were having problems but the fix for digital versions came about 12h later. I'm running it and definitely didn't pay for it again. Maybe a ticket would sort it out?

As for the trophies, it's got me considering going back to the PS4 version or, more likely, just giving up entirely. I only had emperor and 2 or 3 dlc ones to go and being permanently locked out from getting loads of them again (even if I was inclined) is just too much.
    PS4 EU
  • tigerdrsk
    tigerdrsk
    lillybit wrote: »

I'm not sure why you were having problems but the fix for digital versions came about 12h later. I'm running it and definitely didn't pay for it again. Maybe a ticket would sort it out?

As for the trophies, it's got me considering going back to the PS4 version or, more likely, just giving up entirely. I only had emperor and 2 or 3 dlc ones to go and being permanently locked out from getting loads of them again (even if I was inclined) is just too much.

i'll have to relook at the fixes if they're there because it wasn't there earlier when i checked as the only version i could download without a newer purchase was the disc version. i'd suggest wrapping up the ps4 version first and get your trophies then just migrate to the ps5 version if thats all you got left to do. personally im staying with the ps 4 version myself as i'd love to have the emperor achievement and the others. some of the dark brotherhood achievements weren't easy and take a month to complete so i have no reason to revisit those or would wish to.
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lillybit wrote: »

i'll have to relook at the fixes if they're there because it wasn't there earlier when i checked as the only version i could download without a newer purchase was the disc version. i'd suggest wrapping up the ps4 version first and get your trophies then just migrate to the ps5 version if thats all you got left to do. personally im staying with the ps 4 version myself as i'd love to have the emperor achievement and the others. some of the dark brotherhood achievements weren't easy and take a month to complete so i have no reason to revisit those or would wish to.

I'd reluctantly start again with PS5 trophies except there are many I can never get, having 18 fully levelled characters with the main quest done, etc. All have had too much time and/or money spent on them to just delete one.
    I've done Skyrim on both PS3 and 4 so it's not just about being unwilling to start again but unable to.

This was from another thread, hope it helps sort out your problem
    Hey all, if any of you used a disc to upgrade but had previously purchased a digital version of ESO and want to continue playing it without a disc please log in to the Sony website and purchase the upgrade there. It should then allow you to launch from your console. Direct link for US players and UK players

If that doesn't work for some reason please let us know and include a screenshot + your PSN name. Thank you!

PS4 EU
  • hashsnob
    hashsnob
    ✭✭✭
    I think it is common knowledge that the game is not bound by the GPU, but by the CPU and communications from the server. You can have a top of the line overclocked water cooled GPU, but if your processor falls down on the job, you are not going to get the FPS that you think you will get, and if the server is lagging, the game response is not going to be top of the line.

Facts. Even with newer hardware, MMOs in general are massively tied to cpu. I have an amd 3700x with an rtx3070 and it gets smoked by my amd 5800x with the lesser rtx3060ti, it's all about the CPU.
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And this:
    Hey all! Glad to see some of you found the download. Here are the exact steps if anyone needs them:

On the PlayStation 5, navigate to the PS5 version on the PlayStation™Store by either using the overflow menu “(…)” on the ESO game hub or by opening the PlayStation Store and searching for “The Elder Scrolls Online: PS5 Upgrade”. You can then begin the download from the PS5 product page. Note that you may have to go through the normal purchase and install process as if you have purchased a new game (it will be free).

PS4 EU