The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

ESO Console Enhanced FAQ

• phoenix18776rwb17_ESO
    RobDaCool wrote: »
    It says Disk required, but I've never had the disk version.

FYI: We're looking into this now and should have an answer soon.

Same...
  • lynx20036a
    I wouldn’t expect a PlayStation fix anytime soon as the Xbox issues get fixed first now that they own the game PlayStation players are 2nd class citizens these day
  • msetten
    msetten
    ✭✭✭✭
    Warning: if you used to have the disc version and switched to the digital version, there is a way to get the PS5 upgrade now by inserting the disc. DO NOT DO THIS. This will install a PS5 version that will require you to always have the disc in the drive when playing the PS5 version. Best to wait for a solution.
  • kmcaj
    kmcaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's rough now after the UI bug that was something like a 6 week fix and that one affected a pay service. Don't know what kind of fix to expect anymore.
  • EpicHero
    EpicHero
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think this is more of a store issue, and not so much of a game issue.
    So hopefully it should be fixed rather quickly...
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    msetten wrote: »
    Warning: if you used to have the disc version and switched to the digital version, there is a way to get the PS5 upgrade now by inserting the disc. DO NOT DO THIS. This will install a PS5 version that will require you to always have the disc in the drive when playing the PS5 version. Best to wait for a solution.

Presumably when there's a fix you can delete the disc version and redownload it as a digital version upgrade? Although that will be yet another massive download. At least you'd be able to see it now tho, we've been waiting for it for a while and kinda impatient!
    PS4 EU
  • Avoranti
    Avoranti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know they are looking into the report here.

My understanding was that those who owned the PS4 disc version would be able to upgrade to the digital PS5 enhanced version. Was this the intended plan or was it always going to be disc > disc, digital > digital?
  • Jinxxy85
    Jinxxy85
    ✭✭✭
    Avoranti wrote: »
    I know they are looking into the report here.

My understanding was that those who owned the PS4 disc version would be able to upgrade to the digital PS5 enhanced version. Was this the intended plan or was it always going to be disc > disc, digital > digital?

I don't think Sony allow you to do it like that, not to my knowledge anyway. From my experience so far it upgrades the version you have. So a disc version is still a disc version, your PS4 disc just acts as the key to access your PS5 copy, in a sense.
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems pretty good on Xbox. Some things were a bit odd, like camera sensitivity needed turning down and voice channel had been reactivated. I had audio dropouts every ten seconds at first. I was gutted and immediately logged it as a bug, then thought - hang on, I haven't tried any of the standard problem fixing steps so I rebooted and audio seems fine now. I couldn't see much improvement in Video Fidelity mode but it's night in the Alik'r so I'll try again in daytime. Perfomance mode seems great, however - I'll probably stick with that ultimately.
  • ScaniX
    ScaniX
    ✭✭✭
    Well, without buying the digital version, you would practically have TESO for free. Just pass along the disc and everyone updates to the PS5 digital. :)
    PS5 - Dolchsturz - Werwolfzauberer & Vampirtempler
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MaKTaiL wrote: »
    What happened to Kraken compression? PS4 version is 85gb and PS5 version is 89gb. What gives?
    The PS5 version finally offers high-resolution textures.
    Would you really prefer the smaller PS4 textures for a smaller download?
    Some people always find something to complain... :s

Edited by BalticBlues on June 15, 2021 1:20PM
  • REiiGN15
    REiiGN15
    ✭✭✭
    My character does not cast a shadow, actually a lot of elements don't. They have shading but some have no shadows.

Lighting bleeds from random sources all over the character model or mount. Not a lot but for a blue apex horse with no orange light around you kind of wonder why it's shimmering orange.

Some pop in, not a lot on performance mode I never noticed before.

Fidelity doesn't look to have that BIG an impact on graphics it feels like from performance mode besides ripping away framerate.
  • Avoranti
    Avoranti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jinxxy85 wrote: »
    I don't think Sony allow you to do it like that, not to my knowledge anyway. From my experience so far it upgrades the version you have. So a disc version is still a disc version, your PS4 disc just acts as the key to access your PS5 copy, in a sense.

Directly from the Sony website. https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/games/upgrade-ps4-game-to-ps5-version/
  • MaKTaiL
    MaKTaiL
    ✭✭✭✭
    MaKTaiL wrote: »
    What happened to Kraken compression? PS4 version is 85gb and PS5 version is 89gb. What gives?
    The PS5 version finally offers high-resolution textures.
    Would you really prefer the smaller PS4 textures for a smaller download?
    Some people always find something to complain... :s

Control is 25gb on PS5 and 43gb on PS4 with added 4K textures.
    AC Valhalla is 41gb on PS5 and 72gb on PS4 with added 4k textures.

Should I continue listing?
  • Jinxxy85
    Jinxxy85
    ✭✭✭

Directly from the Sony website. https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/games/upgrade-ps4-game-to-ps5-version/

Yeah that's what I said, you still need the disc to access the game. It's technically upgrading it to a digital copy but your disc is still the proof that you own it, hopefully you understand what I mean.
  • lynx20036a

Yeah that's what I said, you still need the disc to access the game. It's technically upgrading it to a digital copy but your disc is still the proof that you own it, hopefully you understand what I mean.

You only need the disk when you upgrade from a physical game digital games don’t need the disk to get the ps5 update

Example I have assassin creed Valhalla in disc I need to have the disc in console to play that game on ps5 upgrade

Destiny 2 digital don’t need the disc to play there version on ps5 enhanced

Watch dogs legion digital again no disk need for ps 5 version

Do I need to go on
  • Jinxxy85
    Jinxxy85
    ✭✭✭
    lynx20036a wrote: »

You only need the disk when you upgrade from a physical game digital games don’t need the disk to get the ps5 update

Example I have assassin creed Valhalla in disc I need to have the disc in console to play that game on ps5 upgrade

Destiny 2 digital don’t need the disc to play there version on ps5 enhanced

Watch dogs legion digital again no disk need for ps 5 version

Do I need to go on

That's exactly what I'm saying? Maybe I'm saying it wrong?

To access the game upgrade if going from a PS4 disc you will need to have the disc in the console to access the PS5 upgrade version. Sony/PlayStation aren't handing out free digital copies. The disc is your proof of purchase, ownership etc.
  • Avandri
    Avandri
    ✭✭
    Do we know if the update is running smoothly for Xbox? The update didn't appear to download automatically as it was said to do (and yes, I have automatic updates turned on).
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avandri wrote: »
    Do we know if the update is running smoothly for Xbox? The update didn't appear to download automatically as it was said to do (and yes, I have automatic updates turned on).

It's running smoothly on PS5 for those lucky enough to have the disc version!
    PS4 EU
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's running smoothly and no download issues, it started when I turned the Xbox on.

It's a bit sticky in Fidelity mode. Very slight pause after e.g. hitting 'X' to loot everything, and auto-scroll seems to not want to stop when releasing the D-pad. Alchemy bottles don't reveal their contents except those that contain poison.

My shadows seem normal and my character has one, @REiiGN15 - is yours a vampire? ;)
  • REiiGN15
    REiiGN15
    ✭✭✭
    GenjiraX wrote: »

It's running smoothly and no download issues, it started when I turned the Xbox on.

It's a bit sticky in Fidelity mode. Very slight pause after e.g. hitting 'X' to loot everything, and auto-scroll seems to not want to stop when releasing the D-pad. Alchemy bottles don't reveal their contents except those that contain poison.

My shadows seem normal and my character has one, @REiiGN15 - is yours a vampire? ;)

It seems my shadow didn't work in my houses. Outside of them it seemed fine.
  • Scarlet Viper
    Scarlet Viper
    Soul Shriven
    I can't see any noticeable visual difference between Fidelity Mode and Performance Mode on Series X.
    Fidelity runs in a sluggish 30fps while Performance runs at 60fps and is a joy.
    I was expecting a big visual upgrade too though. Maybe it's just not as obvious as the announce trailer made it.
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The revelation that Trophies don't auto-pop on the PS5 version means I don't have to worry about the technical difficulties anymore, since I won't be playing that version now. No intention of repeating hundreds of hours of work.

Silver linings I suppose.

Edit: I suppose it might be possible to play on the PS5 version, hide the trophy list, then just play the PS4 version when you do something that would earn a Trophy, like beating both Dungeons in Q1/Q3 DLC on Veteran for the first time. Assuming there's no "One way transfers, of course."
    Edited by B0SSzombie on June 15, 2021 4:06PM
  • marji976
    marji976
    ✭✭
    So if I understand this thread correctly, now that I no longer have the disk because it crapped the bucket last year and so I went digital, I can't technically upgrade ESO on my PS5 until either A) ZOS figures out yet another half arsed launch or B ) I buy yet another version of the game, this time, going back to disk???

What happens to all the PS5 players who bought the Digital only version of the console? I can't be the only one scratching my head here...
    Edited by marji976 on June 15, 2021 4:27PM
    CP810+ Stamblade DPS
    CP810+ MagPlar DPS
    CP810+ MagSorc DPS
    CP810+ MagWarden DPS
    CP810+ MagBlade DPS
    CP810+ MagNecro DPS
    Baby MagDK Tank
  • Torbschka
    Torbschka
    ✭✭✭✭
    So can I Buy any digital version to just start the upgrade? I dont have any Disc.

I dont mind another 30 bucks lawl but i wanna download it through the Night,
  • kmcaj
    kmcaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    marji976 wrote: »
    So if I understand this thread correctly, now that I no longer have the disk because it crapped the bucket last year and so I went digital, I can't technically upgrade ESO on my PS5 until either A) ZOS figures out yet another half arsed launch or B ) I buy yet another version of the game, this time, going back to disk???
    You got to buy the disc again or wait until possibly forever for digital solution. No fix or time frame.
    Edited by kmcaj on June 15, 2021 4:43PM
  • Aardappelboom
    Aardappelboom
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I'm on xbox series x and in fidelity mode I'm noticing some heavy input lag when inputting commands through the controller. The 30 fps is fine but input is definetly less fluent since the update.

Other users on reddit have also noticed this.

Performance mode does not have this issue.

Are you guys aware and is this a bug or is this just a downside of fidelity mode?

Thanks for any info you might provide on this!
    Edited by Aardappelboom on June 15, 2021 4:40PM
  • Avoranti
    Avoranti
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To access the game upgrade if going from a PS4 disc you will need to have the disc in the console to access the PS5 upgrade version. Sony/PlayStation aren't handing out free digital copies. The disc is your proof of purchase, ownership etc.

What I was asking was once I put the disc in to verify I own the physical copy of the game, did I have the option to dl the full digital version including the enhancement? But seems that what I’m reading is I would still be required to use the disc. The only option would be to repurchase the digital version of the game and then dl the digital enhanced when it’s available.

Some games don’t require the disc after upgrading to an enhanced version of a game. From what I’ve read online, this is up to the devs of the game in question.

So seems the conclusion is, even if I was to upgrade to the digital enhanced version, I would still be required to use the disc every time I play. Which in my opinion, really defeats the purpose.

I’m also reading, per Sony, that versions of a game that were bundled aren’t eligible for enhanced versions of said game. Meaning that those of us who purchased physical copies of the game but had dlc bundled (like Imperial City, Dark Brotherhood and Thieves guild) are not eligible for enhanced versions. And those who purchased Blackwood, for instance, which was bundled with all previous content would also not be eligible for the enhanced version. Am I correct in this understanding?

This would explain why the elder scrolls game in the psn store now has a stand alone version.

So now my question is, if I repurchase the digital base game, would Blackwood and all previous chapter and dlc purchases still work or would I also have to repurchase those using the appropriate digital versions? If I recall, there were two versions of some chapters, one for those who own the digital copy of the game, and one for those who own the disc version.
    Edited by Avoranti on June 15, 2021 7:12PM
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What I was asking was once I put the disc in to verify I own the physical copy of the game, did I have the option to dl the full digital version including the enhancement? But seems that what I’m reading is I would still be required to use the disc. The only option would be to repurchase the digital version of the game and then dl the digital enhanced when it’s available.

Some games don’t require the disc after upgrading to an enhanced version of a game. From what I’ve read online, this is up to the devs of the game in question.

So seems the conclusion is, even if I was to upgrade to the digital enhanced version, I would still be required to use the disc every time I play. Which in my opinion, really defeats the purpose.

I’m also reading, per Sony, that versions of a game that were bundled aren’t eligible for enhanced versions of said game. Meaning that those of us who purchased physical copies of the game but had dlc bundled (like Imperial City, Dark Brotherhood and Thieves guild) are not eligible for enhanced versions. And those who purchased Blackwood, for instance, which was bundled with all previous content would also not be eligible for the enhanced version. Am I correct in this understanding?

This would explain why the elder scrolls game in the psn store now has a stand alone version.

So now my question is, if I repurchase the digital base game, would Blackwood and all previous chapter and dlc purchases still work or would I also have to repurchase those using the appropriate digital versions? If I recall, there were two versions of some chapters, one for those who own the digital copy of the game, and one for those who own the disc version.

It's not working as intended right now. Everyone who owned the game on PS4 in entitled to the upgrade and they are working on making that happen. Why worry about how to buy the game again if its only a matter of waiting a few days?

If the issue is just wanting to go digital, that's no problem if you just buy the base game. Everything on your account will still be there. I've done it myself so can say 100% I didn't lose anything or have to buy anything again :)
    PS4 EU
  • cave_troll
    cave_troll
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Will trophies auto pop for the ps5 version?

Please say they will! You can't bother people to earn emperor and master fisherman again.

This is so frustrating... Xbox users also carry their achievements over.

Totally kills everything I worked for, for the last weeks... I can't stay up for days without sleep to earn emperor again. I became sick the last time I did it.... You destroy lives with this decision...

I also can't continue playing at 20 fps on the ps4 version.. That's ridiculous... Totally lost the will to play anymore ☹
    Edited by cave_troll on June 15, 2021 8:27PM