Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

UNBELIEVABLE LAG

DragonJedi
Since this latest update on june 8th the game is soooo beyond unbelievably laggy
Edited by ZOS_Bill on June 17, 2021 8:41PM
  • Hypnotica713
    Hypnotica713
    ✭✭
    For real! It is so bad I get timed out saying I have no internet connection, when as I am moving around on my screen and nothing else is, I do a speed test and am running at least 50mbps down and 4mbps up. Seems to me there was so server upgrade, and I know we all pay more than enough for there to be BRAND SPANKING NEW SERVERS up in that place. This is unreal.
    Edited by Hypnotica713 on June 15, 2021 9:36AM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Our help article linked below offers different troubleshooting you can try for latency issues while playing ESO.

Latency / Lag - Technical Support - The Elder Scrolls Online
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Thunda
    Thunda
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE , I have tried these troubleshooting steps but the lag in Cyrodiil (PC/NA) Greyhost is still ridiculous when the population gets near the cap. My internet is at over 400 mbps DL and over 20 mbps upload and I'm not connected on wifi. I'm playing on low video settings so the game looks like poop. My FPS are usually over 100 but I can't activate an ability without mashing the key 10 times. Even resurrecting someone take 3-4 times as long as it should. Animations stop halfway without anything happening. I often just drop dead because my UI doesn't even register that I'm taking damage until it all hits at once.

Should I just accept that this is the best ESO is going to get in Cyrodiil and stop hoping it will get better on my end? I want to play this game but I usually end up logging off to play something else when the lag sets in.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Thunda

You can seek further troubleshooting help with the lag by opening a ticket with customer support for further assistance.
    Staff Post
  • Thunda
    Thunda
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE I submitted a ticket with customer support and they sent me an email with the exact same troubleshooting "tips" that are found in the Latency/Lag Troubleshooting link you provided above. I sent a response back to the email but also wanted to follow up with you so you are aware of the type of responses received.
    Thank you.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Thunda

What is your current ticket number with support?

We can check on the ticket to ensure it is being looked into correctly.
    Staff Post
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No offense BillE, but this isn't a customer problem - it's a ZOS problem. I was trying to think of a nice word to describe the performance during prime time in Cyrodiil, but all that comes to mind is 'garbage'.
    I'm sure you guys have heard this a thousand times before, though.
  • Thunda
    Thunda
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE my ticket # is 210620-006667
    Anything that can be done for this game to become playable in Cyrodiil during times other than low population would be great.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Thunda

Thank you for the ticket number. We've sent you a forum PM to provide an update on the ticket.
    Staff Post