Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

What do you think is the best looking Dark Elf Armor style?

SIERRA720
SIERRA720
Soul Shriven
I'm a big fan of Morrowind and love how Vvardenfell was portrayed in the game as well as the various factions and their armor styles. I'm personally wearing the Buoyant Armiger style but now with a follower in need of a costume I'm curious as to see what everyone else's favourite Dunmer styles are
Edited by SIERRA720 on June 9, 2021 12:40AM

What do you think is the best looking Dark Elf Armor style? 79 votes

Dark Elf
2%
DestaiEccentric_Vampire 2 votes
Telvanni
5%
thomas1970b16_ESOsix2fallB0SSzombieHoneyBunBadgers 4 votes
Hlaalu
3%
Soldier224LoneStar2911Grandchamp1989 3 votes
Redoran
1%
Arahallris 1 vote
Militant Ordinator
27%
Kikazaruorion_1981usub17_ESOSheezabeastj3crowTannus15EknaevePink_ViolinzAliyavanaIncognitiusVeloth_RedothrilTheImperfectessi2AztriassedicolossalvoidsbmnobleCirantilleNevidyraNWahKredo 22 votes
Buoyant Armiger
10%
Kadoozycyclonus11RaddlemanNumber7SilverIce58SidraWillowskytomofhyruleINe_SaninusSIERRA720 8 votes
Ashlander
6%
opajKhenarthiAstironEnerGSammyKhajit 5 votes
Clockwork Apostle
18%
Oakmontowls_ESOdelta_mysticLadyNalcaryaAlpharos7JierdanitHroltharspartaxoxoNareya726SassinatorAthan1Nowa133Lady_GaladhielTyrvarionLeverasaar 15 votes
Morag Tong
5%
MayraelWildRaptorXjoseayalacTaggund 4 votes
Other
18%
ThorntongueSotha_SilRecktrithiusOediphitrypaulsimonpsGERMANO-THE-IMPERIALCelephantsylvius_BornasfinmoRatzkifalTelvanniWizardGreenHereSylvermynxjoergingercynicalbutterflynukk3rOrion_89JuicySteak 15 votes
  • Xaramasa
    Xaramasa
    ✭✭✭
    Clockwork Apostle for me. It's probably the most unique out of the "Dunmer"-style armors. All of my Dunmer characters are Clockwork Apostles. :)

I do wish there was a variant though that was more asymmetrical.

Also, it's not outright spelled out as strictly Dark Elf clothing but the Ebony Style is also good and very dunmer-ish. The Sixth House Cultists in the Forgotten Wastes Public Dungeon all wear this style, as well as that one Cammona Tong boss in one of the delves.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    I really love the doctrine ordinator. And even though i am hlaalu i really like to use the costume you get that is basically just redoran armor. Telvanni has best helmet though.
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Militant Ordinator
    I will say that nothing beats light Dark Elf pants with prophet sandals :D One of the few legs that have a full bell at the bottom and don't get tucked into the boot/shoe.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • SIERRA720
    SIERRA720
    Soul Shriven
    Buoyant Armiger
    Xaramasa wrote: »
    Clockwork Apostle for me. It's probably the most unique out of the "Dunmer"-style armors. All of my Dunmer characters are Clockwork Apostles. :)

I do wish there was a variant though that was more asymmetrical.

Also, it's not outright spelled out as strictly Dark Elf clothing but the Ebony Style is also good and very dunmer-ish. The Sixth House Cultists in the Forgotten Wastes Public Dungeon all wear this style, as well as that one Cammona Tong boss in one of the delves.

That's true, forgot about the ebony style

Looks very dunmer when it's dyed grey and I love the wavey patterns on the metal parts
  • orion_1981usub17_ESO
    orion_1981usub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Militant Ordinator
    Golden medium militant ordinator chest, heavy telvanni legs, doctrine ordinator shoulders, light militant head, dark elf heavy or demora feet, order of the hour mace and shield... now your rocking morrowind ordinator style.

Oh and akiviri potentate guar for the set completion!
    Edited by orion_1981usub17_ESO on June 9, 2021 4:46AM
  • Aztrias
    Aztrias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Militant Ordinator
    1. Militant Ordinator
    2. Buoyant Armiger
    3. Clockwork Apostle
    4. Ebony
    5. Doctrine Ordinator
    6. Hlaalu
    7. Redoran
    8. Telvanni
    9. Morag Tong
    10. Ashlander
    11. Dark Elf
    Welcome Moon-and-Star to this place where destiny is made

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/498360/r-i-p-pc-eu/p1
    Nerevar forget!
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Militant Ordinator
    Buoyant would be way nicer pick if more parts were dyeable. Also ashlanders style suffers in my eyes due to lack of colouring options, most look too washed out or too glossy, a shame.

On the bright side most of the styles have at least some really good parts that could work in many outfits, but to me militant had an edge and was my go to for main's outfit for years now.

And still I wish we had more, eh.
    Edited by colossalvoids on June 9, 2021 5:59AM
  • SIERRA720
    SIERRA720
    Soul Shriven
    Buoyant Armiger
    Golden medium militant ordinator chest, heavy telvanni legs, doctrine ordinator shoulders, light militant head, dark elf heavy or demora feet, order of the hour mace and shield... now your rocking morrowind ordinator style.

Oh and akiviri potentate guar for the set completion!

That sounds cool, I'll have to look into it

Shame the oridinator chest will cost an arm and a leg though
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ashlander
    Ashlander light armour is very nice for that silk embroidered, luxurious look. Khajit approves.
  • NWah
    NWah
    ✭✭
    Militant Ordinator
    Militant Ordinator, Doctrine Ordinator or Ebony.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Doctrine Ordinator, mixed with Telvanni.

Speaking of Ordinator, there is still one more Ordinator style missing. There are the Ordinators of War (aka Militant), the Ordinators of Doctrine and Ordination (aka Doctrine), the Ordinators of Inquisition and the Ordinators of the Watch (aka the guards in Mournhold wearing the Medium Dunmer style).

We are also missing a Dres style, since the Ordinators are all kind of Indoril style.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • UGotBenched91
    UGotBenched91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly most of those came out years ago and have the quality and texture of a ps2 game. They don’t stand a chance to the newer styles like the ordination.

This game needs a texture/quality update for old styles.
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Doctrine Ordinator Style was a really nicely done clothing set.
    800px-ON-item-armor-Doctrine_Ordinator.jpg
  • nukk3r
    nukk3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    While I really like both Ordinator styles, I'd say that Stormlords is my favorite. The team was originally meant to be from Narsis, so in my mind it's a dunmeri style.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I don't ever use any of them personally, but the only one that's even marginally "attractive" is Doctrine Ordinator - without the helmet and with something else for shoulders.
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Buoyant Armiger
    The one issue with BA (and it can be a huge one) is the non-dyeable green on the armor. WHY is that necessary?
  • nukk3r
    nukk3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    The one issue with BA (and it can be a huge one) is the non-dyeable green on the armor. WHY is that necessary?

Because it's a signature material for the style. It replicates glass armor from TES3, which is made from volcanic glass that can sometimes be green. It wouldn't be so iconic if it was made from regular black obsidian.
  • StrafeSinnlos
    StrafeSinnlos
    ✭✭✭
    BA has non-dyeable green elements since it's supposed to be glass armor from Morrowind. If you don't mind the green color palette, it works pretty well for that original Buoyant Armiger look. I used the dark green dye you get from Sanctum Ophidia, a lighter shade of green, and a light grey.

For Mirri i'd use Doctrine Ordinator or Ebony, depending on the role. Ebony fits better for a heavy build imo.
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Buoyant Armiger
    nukk3r wrote: »

Because it's a signature material for the style. It replicates glass armor from TES3, which is made from volcanic glass that can sometimes be green. It wouldn't be so iconic if it was made from regular black obsidian.

Yeah, I understand that, but it would still be nice to be able to change the color of all of it! My question/complaint was more rhetorical and I didn't make that clear. I just hate how it limits things even though it makes total sense given how it looks in TES III.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    My Warden Tank with a mixture of Militant and Doctrine Ordinator styles.

J5lMHIt.jpg
  • NWah
    NWah
    ✭✭
    Militant Ordinator

J5lMHIt.jpg

I like using a mix of Militant and Doctrine. Hard to get the dyes to match closely, though.

What one are you using?
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    NWah wrote: »

J5lMHIt.jpg

I like using a mix of Militant and Doctrine. Hard to get the dyes to match closely, though.

What one are you using?

@NWah

Colossal Brass, Superior Blue and Celestial Violet for the silver trim on the legs, and my weapons but you can't see that.
  • EnerG
    EnerG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashlander
    Ashlander for me, because I'm a filthy RPer and bow to no false gods.
  • opaj
    opaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashlander
    I have to vote Ashlander for the helmet and the helmet alone. Otherwise, I think the Dunmer have some of the most interesting armor in the game/franchise, so this was a hard call.
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dark Elf
    So I have a Dark Elf magDk and stamblade, both of whom have several slots of dark elf sets. I get the most use out of the original style, so that's my vote. They're pretty awesome when dyed tastefully. Morag Tong has some great pieces, probably my second most used.