The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Redeemed on wrong account

BOERjos
BOERjos
Soul Shriven
Hey

I'm making a post of the forums because trying to get help through the ticket system has been taking quite a while (about a week now) and my last update hasn't been looked at for over 24 hours.

My problem is the following : I was gifted a spare code for Blackwood by a friend because he sometimes has extra codes for games. He knew I owned most of the other expansions of TESO so he asked me if I wanted it. Considering I was looking for a new mmorpg to play, I said yes and decided to give TESO another go. I started by looking up what account was linked to my steam but I kept looking and couldn't find which one it was. So I went looking through my e-mails for login details or any other sort of information regarding the creation of the account when I first made it. I ended up on the wrong account (I thought I only had one account but apparently I had two) and redeemed the code on there. When I then logged into the game through steam it told me that Blackwood wasn't added on there, only the other expansions (apart from Greymoor).

So I made a ticket asking if the code could be detached from the wrong account and attached to the right one but they are asking for proof of purchase and obviously I don't have that because my friend sent this over messenger. Is this a hopeless endeavor to try and get this fixed or can someone do this for me so I can enjoy playing some TESO ?

Thanks in advance for some clarity on the issue. If it's not possible then so be it but I'd rather hear that then an endless "I'm escalating your issue to a specialized team" and then not hearing anything for days on end.

Kind Regards
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hey @BOERjos it sounds like you're in the right place with our Customer Support team. What's your ticket number?
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • BOERjos
    BOERjos
    Soul Shriven
    Hey @ZOS_JessicaFolsom,

My ticket number is 210602-004781.
    Thanks for taking the time to have a look at it, if it can't be done then so be it but atleast I'll know then.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    BOERjos wrote: »
    Thanks for taking the time to have a look at it, if it can't be done then so be it but atleast I'll know then.

Thanks! Checking with our Support Escalations team. In the meantime, are you able to get any proof of purchase from the friend who gave you the code?

Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • BOERjos
    BOERjos
    Soul Shriven
    BOERjos wrote: »

Thanks! Checking with our Support Escalations team. In the meantime, are you able to get any proof of purchase from the friend who gave you the code?

Like I said, there's no proof of purchase. I don't know how he gets the codes, could be through his job since he does work in the industry but yeah no proof of purchase, I have already asked him.

That's why I said that if it's not possible to transfer it to the other account then that's understandable but I'm just looking for a confirmation so I can move on.

Thanks
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @BOERjos

As an update, your ticket is still open and has been escalated. Another follow-up response will be coming soon from our support team.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • BOERjos
    BOERjos
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks

Sadly it's been two days since it last got looked at by the specialized team which is the reason I posted here.
    I wanted to see if it's possible for it to be changed to the other account without me having the proof of purchase they asked for.

If not then so be it, I'd understand but atleast I'd know.

In any case thanks for taking a look at it.

• BOERjos
    BOERjos
    Soul Shriven
    One day further and nothing changed.

Can you tell me whether or not this can be done or not ?
  • BOERjos
    BOERjos
    Soul Shriven
    This has been resolved, thanks for all your help.
    I hope all of you have a great weekend coming up.