Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Lets talk about Maormer Fish Skin.

zombniac
zombniac
✭✭✭
Hi there,
I have always played Maormer characters because they're my favorite ES race. Many of us were super excited about the Maormer Fish Skin that was releasing, and then.. weren't. The skin obviously doesn't make your character look like a normal Maormer like some of us were hoping. Even if that wasn't even the point of the skin, a normal Maormer looks more interesting than some scales that mostly get covered up by armor. Normal Maormer don't have scales but leviathans (cross-breed between Maormer and a sea serpent) do, but even then their skin is the same pale blue as a normal Maormer. The skin only adds scales, not the bluish eyes and skin, and fish ears. I feel like I'm being trolled now, that a random event in Blackwood temporarily changes your character into a Maormer! I sincerely hope that ZoS adds the Maormer as a playable race, edits the current Maormer Fish Skin or makes a completely new skin that gives your character the appearance of a Maormer. Here are some comparison screenshots.

Maormer leviathan:
600px-ON-npc-Snakeskin_Brute.jpg

Two normal Maormer:
800px-ON-npc-Breyane_and_Tunnaniel.jpg

The currently released Maormer Fish Skin(The white eyes are not derived from the skin, it might be Oracle Eyes):
ON-skin-Maormer_Fish_%28male%29.jpg

• Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, ZOS should definitely not edit the existing skin, that was bought by players as it is.

Personally I use current maormer skin as body and face cosmetics (not real skin, but jewelry-scales makeup that was put on normal skin).
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • meekmiko
    meekmiko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they could instead just make some sort of Maormer pale body/face paint markings you could then just layer the current skin over it and just continue using the oracle eyes.
    That way you get a better looking Maormer than you do now and those of us who like the current skin get to keep what we like.
    🌟PC/NA CP2025+ [Been playing since 2016]
    JUSTICE FOR APEX CAMELS 🐪✨ Bring 'em back!
    vMA / vVH / vDSA / vBRP / vAA HM / vSO HM / vHRC HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS+1 & +1 / vCR+2 / vSS / vKA/ vRG
    • 🌩️ 🏹 EP - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer / Bosmer StamSorc (DPS) -Main DPS-
    • ☀️ 🛡️ EP - Mihi'Mai-Ra, Plague of Peryite / Khajiit StamPlar (Tank) -Main Tank-
    • ☀️ ✨ EP - Lady Lapa'au, The Magnanimous / Khajiit MagPlar (Healer) -Main Healer-
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Ra'venk, Style Master / Khajiit MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ EP - Bird gra-Shuzgub, Forge Breaker / Orc StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ✨ EP - Blades-at-the-Ready, Witch / Argonian MagBlade (Healer)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Lady Fortuna the Blessed, Grand Champion / Imperial StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🔥 🛡️ EP - Plays-in Volcanoes, Mystic / Argonian StamDK (Tank)
    • 💀 ☄️ EP - Ko'shamari the Doomweaver, Dovahkriid / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 🌱 ✨ EP - Sorvete, Countess / Khajiit StamDen (Healer)
    • 🔥 🏹 EP - Falora Veloth, The Merciless / Dunmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 🌩️ 🛡️ AD - Shimmers-with-Static, Spark of Vengeance / Argonian StamSorc (Tank)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Amarri-do the Magnificent, Clan Mother / Khajiit StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Z'majii-dar the Quick, Battlegrounds Butcher / Khajiit StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ EP - Habasi the Glamorous, Seeker of Artifacts / Khajiit StamDK (DPS)
    • 🗡️ 🛡️ EP - Yana-la the Iron Lotus, Silver Knight / Khajiit StamBlade (Tank)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Mog gra-Ushug the Scholar, Master Historian / Orc MagCanist (DPS)
    • 👁️ 🛡️ EP - Mamaea the Sledgehammer, Alpha Predator / Khajiit StamCanist (Tank)
    • 👁️ 🏹 EP - Elsyiir Lichenhollow, Lady / Bosmer StamCanist (DPS)
    • 💀 🛡️ EP - Vashpurri-do the Corrupt, Alpha Predator / Khajiit StamNecro (Tank)
    • & I only dabble on the PC/EU server sometimes:
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun / Bosmer StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Sings-a-Song-of-Storms / Argonian StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ☄️ DC - Helainie the Shadebringer / Breton MagBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Steals-Many-Hearts / Argonian MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Pashet the Nimble / Khajiit StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🔥 🏹☄️ EP - Furoni the Ember / Dunmer HybridDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Am-Kesh / Argonian MagCanist (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ AD - Eldrinthr the Flame-Heart / Bosmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ AD - Bajaa the Blackened Beast / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 💀 ⚔️ AD - Vashpurri-do the Corrupt / Khajiit StamNecro (DPS)
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, a Maormer Skin would be great, and has been requested a lot.
    Agree with Olauron that the existing skin should absolutely not be changed.

I'm pretty sure the 'Maormer Fish Skin' was supposed to be 'Fish scales like some Maormer have that you can put on other races too' not 'Skin that will make you look like a Maormer'. The pink-blue-green hue is really niche and generally un-Maormer-like, only appearing on their leviathans as you also noted.

For a current fake Maormer Skin, use the 'Arctic Rime Skin' or simple Vampirism. It's pretty close. :smile: Oh and use Dunmer instead of Altmer for Maormer-fakes, since the warm skin tones just don't work for Maormer.
    maormer.png
    maormer2.png
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I encountered a NPC on the road in Blackwood that offers me three choices of things to "show" me for a small fee. I chose to see through another, or something like that. It turned me into a Maormer. So the skin and hair color exists in their database for playable characters.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • BulletMagnetX
    BulletMagnetX
    ✭✭✭
    The only change I would ask for the Maomer Fish Skin is to add the scale effect to the tails of beast races. Tails cannot otherwise be covered, so often they are the only skin of your character that shows. And they are not affected? That's garbage! I would use it all the time otherwise.
    Molag's balls!
  • Bosco916
    Bosco916
    ✭✭✭
    I’ve been playing Maormers for quite some time and I think the fish scale skin and the Pyandonea motif were gifts from Satakaal! However, yes I am waiting for further cosmetics such as the fin-ears, body/face paint to layer onto the maormer scales skin, etc.
    Edited by Bosco916 on March 29, 2022 5:52PM
    "How DARE you betray me, Tharn!
    Your suffering shall be LEGENDRY!"
    --The King of Worms
  • wheresbes
    wheresbes
    ✭✭✭✭
    A polymorph would be the best choice if many aspects of the character need to be customised (and all the existing races could use it).
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like this skin because it does not override your scale/fur/tattoo slot. Because Argonians & Khajiits use tattoo slot for different skin pattern one can choose when creating a character. It is amazing even for non-beast races as you can still chose tattoo + skin. There is only a handful of skins in ESO that are coded like that... and it is kinda shame tbh.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on March 30, 2022 11:15AM
  • BloodyStigmata
    BloodyStigmata
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use the lightest skin tone on a dunmer with the fish skin, along with the oracle eyes and white hair, and it seems to work well enough. I would like the sea elf ears to go with it though.
    Owner and proprietor of the Northern Elsweyr Guar Reserve and The Hunting Grounds Guar Reserve, Tamriel's home to all things guar.
    See the embedded brochures for all information regarding our reserves, as well as our collection status!