Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[COMPANIONS] Since second quest for Bastian, I see quest markers over others' companions

cyclonus11
cyclonus11
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I have both unlocked, but I have yet to summon Mirri. Still I see quest markers over others' Mirris. I cannot interact with them.

This occurred both during the step where I traveled to Grahtwood and well after the quests are completed.

Ticket: 210606-007008

7luq191.png

vJ36IEK.png

DkSSfNk.png

zhRrXuD.png
  • essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same thing happens with Mirri, you even get quest markers over other peoples Bastians
    "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***
  • Ufretin
    Ufretin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/576232/bastian-would-have-a-word-with-me#latest

Once Bastian was ready to give me his first quest, all other players' companions started to have quest markers.
    AFTER I completed the quest, other Bastians went back to normal but Mirris still have quest markers.
  • khyrkat
    khyrkat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep, same here only when Bastian gave me his first quest. Quest marks all over the place on other players' companions. Not funny.

@ZOS_GinaBruno can ZOS please break this silence and start communicating with its customers? What is the plan on dealing with bugs we report since Blackwood launch?
  • Ufretin
    Ufretin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    khyrkat wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno can ZOS please break this silence and start communicating with its customers? What is the plan on dealing with bugs we report since Blackwood launch?

I guess they can barely keep up with all the bugs Blackwood introduced.
    I'd rather have have them fix the game-breaking ones (block cost) first.

• NoxiousBlight
    NoxiousBlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same problem. Since getting Mirri’s second quest, all the Bastians have quest markers over them.
  • stefj68
    stefj68
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have tons of quest markers over all mirri's companion
    its really annoying

since de 2nd quest from bastion
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could someone tell me what exactly triggers the 2 personal quests (in general)? Is it the level your companion reaches? If so, which levels?
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cireous wrote: »
    Could someone tell me what exactly triggers the 2 personal quests (in general)? Is it the level your companion reaches? If so, which levels?

Second personal quest is acquired by gaining a certain amount of rapport. Not sure how much - it didn't look like the cursor was moving at all, then BAM! got the quest after reading a book on a bookshelf (and increasing Bastian's rapport just enough).

Edited by cyclonus11 on June 7, 2021 11:44PM
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cyclonus11 wrote: »
    Cireous wrote: »

Second personal quest is acquired by gaining a certain amount of rapport. Not sure how much - it didn't look like the cursor was moving at all, then BAM! got the quest after reading a book on a bookshelf (and increasing Bastian's rapport just enough).
    Hmm, interesting.

• cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I noticed something weird just now.

I arrived at a dolmen, and there were 3 Mirris. None had quest markers. I harvested a nearby enchanting node, and the quest markers suddenly appeared over the 3 Mirris.

More people arrived with Mirri. They did not have the quest marker. When the enchanting node respawned and I harvested it again, the newly-arrived Mirris acquired quest markers.

Also, jfc does anyone else use Bastian? :D:D

zpsoTAo.png

Seriously, though. This will make me miss actual quest markers.
  • BoloBoffin
    BoloBoffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mirri and Bastian both when doing their quests. All the Bastios and Mirrios ("Stibbo follow!") get quest markers as you are in the various places for quest interactions.
    I ride in a zerg ball of one.
  • Ufretin
    Ufretin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cyclonus11 wrote: »
    I noticed something weird just now.

I arrived at a dolmen, and there were 3 Mirris. None had quest markers. I harvested a nearby enchanting node, and the quest markers suddenly appeared over the 3 Mirris.

More people arrived with Mirri. They did not have the quest marker. When the enchanting node respawned and I harvested it again, the newly-arrived Mirris acquired quest markers.

It seems that quest markers will only appear after a certain trigger (looting / interacting with an object / talking to an npc / ? ).
    After that, all Mirris within range will get a quest marker that sticks. Mirris that you meet after that won't have a marker until you do a trigger action again.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one has also seen quest markers over every other travellers Bastian for some time.

Makes it very difficult to find actual quest markers you are after yes.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the reports, everyone. We're aware of this and working on getting it fixed for a future patch.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Reiynn
    Reiynn
    ✭✭
    Jumping on, as I have this bug too.
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, it wasn’t fixed in this patch.
  • Ufretin
    Ufretin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some more info:

Completing all family quests for both companions fixed this for me (for my main, that is, see below).

Also, this bug seems to be "character based", not "account based". As in: the bug didn't carry over to my alt (who had companions unlocked, too) until that char earned enough rapport to start a companion quest himself.
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    20210618120153-1.jpg

It's like a mini puzzle where you have to find the right Mirri to talk to.