The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Cannot get in, stuck on loading screen

jle30303
jle30303
✭✭✭✭✭
...I was expecting a longer load time, but THIS is ridiculous. I have now timed-out three times without getting as far as the character select screen!
Edited by ZOS_Adrikoth on June 1, 2021 2:35PM
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Greetings @jle30303

The troubleshooting in this article, such as disabling any Add-Ons, might be able resolve this issue.

If the issue persists after trying these steps then please go ahead and submit a ticket here.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do I disable addons if I cannot get INTO THE GAME to disable them?
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also. This is not a black screen crash. It is a perpetual loading screen with a picture, and a revolving circle of dragons in the bottom right corner, which never actually resolves to the character select screen.

It is not my Windows or my drivers, both of which are up to date.

The Blackwood patch appeared to download properly - it reached 100%.

• cheeseaddict
    cheeseaddict
    ✭✭✭
    similar problem, system crashes every time I try to load a character. have restarted 18 times now, twice for every character I have, and they all crash after I choose the character. ???????????/
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @jle30303

We have two help articles linked below that go over how to uninstall or remove add-ons that you're currently using.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Staff Post
  • AleDavid
    AleDavid
    Soul Shriven
    I'm having the same problem and I don't use add-ons
    A perpetual loading screen that never reaches the character selection screen
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I got in eventually. I assume it was just a matter of server traffic. Get better servers that can handle more people playing and logging in at once :-)
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @AleDavid

There may be a permission issue preventing the game from loading in. First, check your anti-virus settings and make sure the correct exceptions are setup.

The application files that may require exceptions are:
    • Bethesda.net_launcher: C:\Program Files (x86)\ZenimaxOnline\Launcher
    • ESO.exe: C:\Program Files (x86)\ZenimaxOnline\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client\eso.exe
    • Steam.exe: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe

Some antivirus programs require entire folders to be selected instead of a single file.When this is the case, the file paths below are what you should use. If required by the anti-virus program, include all subfolders since every file is critical to run the game.
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\

Second, locate the ESO64.exe and Bethesda.net_launcher.exe executables and set them to run as an administrator.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Staff Post