The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New cinematic made this one crash

SantieClaws
SantieClaws
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone else?

Was at the scene with the dolmen.

Yours with paws
Santie Claws
Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Part way into the video it froze, then the audio quickly chopped its way forward before the video resumed a few seconds later. Buggy for sure but it thankfully didn't crash me.
  • Yuffie91
    Yuffie91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    10% downloaded here D:
  • Dovahkiin02191973
    Dovahkiin02191973
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't crash out but the cinematic is very choppy. As bad as it was I was afraid it was going to crash at any moment.
  • aipex8_ESO
    aipex8_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Super choppy, so I skipped as well.
  • dinokstrunz
    dinokstrunz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no crash but did look pretty choppy in some sections of the trailer
  • Jem_Kindheart
    Jem_Kindheart
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same, I had very low FPS in the intro video then a game crash. Then very low FPS again leading to a Blue Screen of Death and system reboot. Then very low FPS again video which I skipped this time out of caution. *shrug*
    Longtimer since beta, the usual. 26 CP toons. ~1700cp on main account, 1000cp on 2nd account. Endgame-ish lol. Most Vets / some HM's cleared.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The crash this one has was a hard freeze then a grey screen and required a reboot.

Khajiit then skipped the intro next time round.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

• Mythreindeer
    Mythreindeer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope all this gets fixed by the time I get home today.

Started the download early before going to work. Assuming a subsequent patch download will be necessary prior to playing.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can skip the cinematic so hopefully you should be able to get in without bother.

At least this one thinks you can skip it first time round ...

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

• cheriella
    cheriella
    ✭✭✭
    Adjusting my volume makes the cinematic stop lol. That’s so weird. So I just let it play without touching the keyboard and it worked just fine 🤓
    < 3 • ESO: Cherry-xo • Steam: cheriella • My Screenshots below < 3
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anyone else?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

But it's a nice cinematic. Adds context to the game for those who'd otherwise be confused. V nicely put together. These guys do good trailers!
  • L_Nici
    L_Nici
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uh that new cinematic is such a call back to the original one. The old music, the old voiceover very nice. Of course with the newer regions, I like it and even PvP is shown for a few seconds.
    Edited by L_Nici on June 1, 2021 1:16PM
    A very special girl

PC|EU
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    agegarton wrote: »
    Anyone else?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

But it's a nice cinematic. Adds context to the game for those who'd otherwise be confused. V nicely put together. These guys do good trailers!
    L_Nici wrote: »
    Uh that new cinematic is such a call back to the original one. The old music, the old voiceover very nice. Of course with the newer regions, I like it and even PvP is shown for a few seconds.

Yes, the new/old cinematic was the main reason I came to the forums this morning, to see if everyone was raving about how great it was because of its similarity to the original tutorial's opening-- which I've never seen except when people post videos of the original tutorial.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Jacozilla
    Jacozilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wouldn't know, can't play as steam says still not launched yet, unlocks in approx 3 hours - which would be ~9am PST
  • CoronHR
    CoronHR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for me it was 5 fps for half of it, then it levelled out. wanted to be impressed, was difficult
    PC - EU - Steam client
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really liked the cinematic :)
  • GodsGrief
    GodsGrief
    ✭✭✭
    Was choppy is most parts considering my CPU went from 50ish degrees to 78ish at times bc of the cinematic i would have thought it would ran smoother. Seemed like a client thing tho. Actuall gameplay still feels smooth tho
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah but the thing is most of us on EU are at work at the moment. Wait until prime time begins!
    I hope this streak of no problems continues throughout the evening :)
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS is secretly stress testing your rigs and most of you failed. Just watch, ESOCinematic is the new Cinebench.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep it's extremely chopping which is sad because really would of loved it
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hi all, we want you to know that we have seen this thread and are investigating.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • NovaDrakkon
    NovaDrakkon
    ✭✭
    Did you guys have a Blackwood cinematic? My husband and I just saw what seemed to be an OG ESO cinematic - lots of Dark Anchors, all base zones, and none of the relevant characters for Blackwood. It also didn't say Blackwood at the end - Just The Elder Scrolls Online.

That being said, it played perfectly fine without any choppyness, etc.
    PC-NA | Housing Enthusiast & Collector
    GM of Aether Realm (PC-NA Housing Guild)
  • NovaDrakkon
    NovaDrakkon
    ✭✭
    Did you guys have a Blackwood cinematic? My husband and I just saw what seemed to be an OG ESO cinematic - lots of Dark Anchors, all base zones, and none of the relevant characters for Blackwood. It also didn't say Blackwood at the end - Just The Elder Scrolls Online.

Or rather an Original ESO cinematic lol.

PC-NA | Housing Enthusiast & Collector
    GM of Aether Realm (PC-NA Housing Guild)
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On PC/NA, I didn't freeze or crash, but it was really choppy & I generally do not have frame rate issues. It was the worst right at the beginning when the prophet was walking with his back turned.
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Or rather an Original ESO cinematic lol.

😂 That's must be why I liked it so much. I just thought they were paying homeage to past
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mine looked like the original cinematic...the Prophet’s voice and all. Dolmens. Made me nostalgic, but was that the right cinematic??
  • Pendrillion
    Pendrillion
    ✭✭✭✭
    I also saw this when I went in. Also frame drops when the prophet appears...
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't crash but the cinematic was very choppy.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't crash but the cinematic was very choppy.

Same.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi all, we want you to know that we have seen this thread and are investigating.

Can you also please let us know if cinematics now respect in-game volume settings?

I have my game master volume turned down to 10% because that’s plenty loud with my headphones at 100% of their own volume. Recently I’ve had it lower still.

Last year’s cinematic was absolutely ear-splitting because it failed to respect the master game volume. Having audio going at full blast with no warning is not a pleasant experience, and it seriously takes away from the enjoyment of the artists’ work.