The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Diamond's Victory is already changed in PTS and nothing on patch notes

Azorean
Azorean
✭✭✭
In the first patch notes:
5 – Dealing direct melee damage grants you Range Supremacy for 5 seconds, adding 437 Weapon and Spell damage to your damage over time and ranged attacks.
Dealing direct ranged damage grants you Melee Supremacy for 5 seconds, adding 437 Weapon and Spell Damage to your melee attacks.

Current on PTS:
5 – While in combat, using an ability with a range of 7 meters or less grants you Range Supremacy for 5 seconds, adding 437 Weapon and Spell Damage to your damage over time and ranged attacks.
While in combat, using an ability with a range of over 7 meters grants you Melee Supremacy for 5 seconds, adding 437 Weapon and Spell Damage to your melee attacks.

It was stated this on the first patch notes:
Note: This set is currently going through some design tweaks that will be implemented in a future PTS patch.
But we never saw the changes described in the new patch notes.

I think the old bonus wasn't OP, but balanced and worked pretty well to all classes.
Now we have again a niche set that will only work with certain classes or builds.

I'm a bit sick of playing the same magicka all passives sets (equip and forget)
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn’t the new version easier to use? They just removed the “direct” damage requirement, and better defined what was meant by melee vs ranged.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on May 31, 2021 8:04PM
  • Azorean
    Azorean
    ✭✭✭
    Isn’t the new version easier to use? They just removed the “direct” damage requirement, and better defined what was meant by melee vs ranged.

Direct damage also means LA with weapons and pet damage skills too.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if this works with healing abilities like vigor
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will it procc off pets that deals ranged or melee dmg??

PC EU
    PvP only
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azorean wrote: »

Light Attacks count as "abilities" and still work with DV. It's pretty much the same scenario as using Inferno Light Attacks to proc BSW.

Pets I'm not sure about. I think it depends what is sourced from the player or the pet. Sorc pet light attacks do not count as coming from the player, but the familiar's pulse does. It would be interesting to see if the pulse counts as melee or ranged for DV, because it has a radius < 7m, but not centered on the caster. Blastbones and Arcanist are also not sourced from the player, and this is why Blastbones doesn't proc BSW on live (not a problem in that case because Light Attacks do)

Let me know if you do any specific testing. Interested in seeing the answers to some of these.
  • Azorean
    Azorean
    ✭✭✭

Light Attacks count as "abilities" and still work with DV. It's pretty much the same scenario as using Inferno Light Attacks to proc BSW.

Pets I'm not sure about. I think it depends what is sourced from the player or the pet. Sorc pet light attacks do not count as coming from the player, but the familiar's pulse does. It would be interesting to see if the pulse counts as melee or ranged for DV, because it has a radius < 7m, but not centered on the caster. Blastbones and Arcanist are also not sourced from the player, and this is why Blastbones doesn't proc BSW on live (not a problem in that case because Light Attacks do)

Let me know if you do any specific testing. Interested in seeing the answers to some of these.

You are correct LA does count as an ability for some reason.

Sorcerer
    Sorc pets LA doesn't count.
    Scamp activates Range Supremacy.
    Matriach (heal) and Tormentor (Dmg) activates Range Supremacy.
    Dark deal activates Range Supremacy.

Necromancer
    Blast Bones actives BOTH Range and Melee Supremacy
    Arcanist activates Range Supermacy (LA doesn't count)
    Mender activates Range Supremacy
    Graveyard activates Melee Supermacy
    Colossus activates Melee Supermacy

Others
    Wall of element activates Range Supremacy.
    Orb activates Range Supremacy.
    Light Armor Shield activates Range Supremacy
    Vigor activates Range Supremacy.

Don't know if the set is working as intended though.
    Don't forget it only activates when using an ability.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So abilities that are a Slam count as melee even though they cover a wide area? Nice, I was wondering what on Warden I could use to activate Range Supremacy, I'm guessing Scorch would be an option.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was testing this yesterday and it is infinitely superior to the original version of the set.

ALL abilities count for fulfilling the conditions, this includes things like Dodge-Roll, Light/Heavy Attack, self-cast abilities like Vigor, Proxy Detonation, Sorcerer Pet special abilities, etc.

Pet attacks by themselves do not count since YOU are not the one using the ability but it is trivially easy to maintain both of the stacks basically by playing the game normally. For example, you will have perma-uptime on the Melee stack simply by Light Attack weaving.

Also, the stacks DO BUFF their respective proc sets.

However, you will need to experiment between all abilities that you want to use because what triggers each stack as well as what is buffed by each stack is NOT at all straight-forward. Specifically, radius != range and some skills that have a range are actually buffed by the Melee stack (e.g. Inevitable Detonation).

Overall, the re-work is fantastic and presents this set as a broadly useful damage set. In my eyes it instantly supercedes other Crafted sets such as New Moon and even Clever Alchemist depending on what sort of front/back-bar setup you're using.
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So on a classic PvE sorc 2 pet build only the scamp activation will proc range?
    With a 10 second dot that means you're either massively over casting or looking at a 50% uptime?
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tannus15 wrote: »
    With a 10 second dot that means you're either massively over casting or looking at a 50% uptime?

Depends on what's on your bars. Otherwise, you can Bash-cancel anytime and that will proc the Ranged stack.
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Depends on what's on your bars. Otherwise, you can Bash-cancel anytime and that will proc the Ranged stack.

Yeah, that's what i'm asking. What can a mag sorc put on their bars?
  • Azorean
    Azorean
    ✭✭✭

If you scroll up I posted some test.

So from what I understand anything that comes from you will activate the Range Supremacy.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

For Sorcerer skills (and not knowing what you typically use), there's Lightning Form, Sorcerer Shield, Critical Surge, both pet active abilities, and Dark Exchange. Other common skills are Wall of Elements, Undaunted Orbs, Channeled Acceleration, and Elemental Weapon (this would give you 100% uptime if you used it as your spammable).

Activating a synergy will also proc the Ranged stack so you will be getting free (if unpredictable) activations whenever playing in a group.

And as I mentioned above, you can also Bash on-demand between abilities and that will proc the Ranged stack and allow for 100% uptime agnostic of what is on your bars.

Some combination of those skills should be able to provide you with constant uptime without having to use Bashing. Lightning Form by itself will give you 33% uptime and using assorted synergies would probably get you to 50% and above. Then you still have both of the pet active abilities, Wall of Elements (50% uptime by itself), Undaunted Orbs (50% uptime by itself), and Channeled Acceleration available to pad you out to 100%. I think that's pretty doable and doesn't require any particular skill or rotation compromises.
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

If you scroll up I posted some test.

So from what I understand anything that comes from you will activate the Range Supremacy.

Yeah, I almost tagged you for your great work looking into it, and I started thinking "oh cool, i can make this work" (i main mag sorc) and then i remembered the 5 second cool down which means you really want either 2 10 second skills that you can shift your rotation around to keep a high uptime, or better yet, a melee range skill you hit every <5 seconds.
    So the scamp is great, but tormentor is never used in combat, dark conversion you want to use as little as possible, boundless has an even longer cool down.
    I couldn't really think of a 2nd skill to alternate with scamp, never mind anything you cast more often.
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @YandereGirlfriend Cool, so ele weapon is the key to this set?

Boundless is 23 seconds so it's less than 25%. 23%? I dunno, somewhere there.
    Edited by Tannus15 on May 31, 2021 10:59PM
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @YandereGirlfriend Cool, so ele weapon is the key to this set?

I think that it's a flexible enough set such that you could solve the problem in a few different ways; but, yes, I think that if you want to use Elemental Weapon as your spammable that that is definitely the easiest method to ensure constant uptime on the set.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very interesting list @Azorean. Thanks for testing. I was definitely not expecting the Twilight heal or Dark Deal to do anything, lol. Blastbones sounds nice.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Very interesting list @Azorean. Thanks for testing. I was definitely not expecting the Twilight heal or Dark Deal to do anything, lol. Blastbones sounds nice.

The interesting feature is that everything in the game (that I've so far tested) counts toward either of the two categories so long as the action is undertaken by you, the player.

I was quite surprised that actions such as Dodge-Roll, Bash, and synergy activation counted toward the Ranged stack as well as basically any buff skill and spammables like Crystal or Elemental Weapon.

And then the Melee stack can be maintained simply by Light Attack weaving.
  • Harrdarrzarr
    Harrdarrzarr
    ✭✭✭
    Can both range and melee supremacy be up at the same time?
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can both range and melee supremacy be up at the same time?

Yes, and the quite frequently are.
  • Azorean
    Azorean
    ✭✭✭
    And they forgot to update in the live patch notes...
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone confirmed which bonus is proc'd by sub assault/deep fissure?