The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Streamer rewards - so let me understand...

• stefj68
    stefj68
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pretty sure more of the streamers give them to their top $$$ donators!
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    I don't see the issue.

It's a pet so not a big deal, and it helps ZOS by getting ESO higher up on twitch, and helps streamers as it helps build an audience that might stick around afterwards which helps their channel grow.

New players when they start the game have no free quests or anything to even reward pets outside izak.
    but ignoring the new players.

All my pets SUCK , that reward pet is legit perfect for me. In a ROLEPLAYING GAME , a perfect pet means a LOT to people.

Teasing people with limited time rng content they can't have even with rl money is just uncool.

Maybe we will get the Pink Torchbug Pet in a year from now - in the daily rewards. The Coldharbour Bantam Guar that is in this months rewards reminds me of the Purple Bantam Guar that was the last stream team exclusive. I really want the Pink Torchbug too! I'm a little sad that the likelihood of getting - even if I watch every stream and entered every draw they all do - is really next to nil.

zos has been doing limited time edition stuff for a while now, like the white guar and lots of monthly rewards, i doubt you will ever see the torchbug pink again. maybe you get the blue one?
    doesn't help this game lacks pink energy pets mounts etc.

if the pink torchbug comes back it will be in like 4-5 years maybe.
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    Why does ZOS want us to watch someone else play the game, instead of just playing ESO ourselves?

I'm going to be playing Blackwood. Maybe I'll put a streamer on while I wander off to have dinner or something. I'd like to have a torchbug, but not enough to waste that much of my time.

you need to enter chat contests in time to get it. so you can't really be afk for the torchbug
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Narvuntien wrote: »
    I watch streamers because I actually like the streamers if you don't enjoy doing that then don't the rewards aren't particularly great.

The streamers I watch have regular raffles to give out things like torch bug codes and straight-up in-game gold.

what other pink energy based pet or mount are there in this Role playing game?, since the reward isn't great in Your opinion.
    Edited by francesinhalover on June 1, 2021 2:09PM
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hydra9268 wrote: »
    I don't like Twitch but I've been a faithful player of ESO for many years. I've spent about +$200 on the Crown store in the past three months. Could I get the reward?

Nah , tbh that would just hurt everyone that can't afford to waste 200 on a crown store.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care about streamers, influencers and so on. No way to earn it in game? It doesn't exist for me :)
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    I don't care about streamers, influencers and so on. No way to earn it in game? It doesn't exist for me :)

And that's the correct mentality, folks.
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So are Drops enabled yet? Everyone's advertising drops but no one's actually got the "Drops Enabled" tag on their stream.
  • bridgetrose
    bridgetrose
    ✭✭✭
    PizzaCat82 wrote: »
    So are Drops enabled yet? Everyone's advertising drops but no one's actually got the "Drops Enabled" tag on their stream.

If you got to the drops page it shows 8 streams today who will do drops. None of which are online yet. Make of it what you will.

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/streamers
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yes I'm currently at 46% progress for a drop
    Soupy twist
  • bridgetrose
    bridgetrose
    ✭✭✭
    OOPs One is online at this time.
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    fizl101 wrote: »

Yes I'm currently at 46% progress for a drop

Which streamer are you watching? I don't get a calendar when I click on that link just a list of streamers and NONE that I've selected have drops enabled.

Like, what the hell, why list them at all if they don't have drops?
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    KayPowXD
    Soupy twist
  • ralphylauren
    ralphylauren
    ✭✭✭
    stefj68 wrote: »
    pretty sure more of the streamers give them to their top $$$ donators!

This

And this is what I expect with such a broken reward system
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ah there we go

1. You have to click on the right arrow on "Twitch drops schedule" to get more info on it.
    2. It doesn't look like a drop down.
    3. Why are there 30 streamers listed above them but none have drops this week
    4. is currently streaming with drops.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the deal with game drops and streamer giveaways is that they're primarily intended to encourage people to watch Twitch, not to encourage them to play a particular game or watch a particular streamer. Yes, those are additional benefits, and it's a mutually profitable activity for everyone involved-- Twitch, the game companies, the streamers, and the viewers. If you think that this is all ZOS's doing, you looking at it in the wrong direction.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • bridgetrose
    bridgetrose
    ✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    I think the deal with game drops and streamer giveaways is that they're primarily intended to encourage people to watch Twitch, not to encourage them to play a particular game or watch a particular streamer. Yes, those are additional benefits, and it's a mutually profitable activity for everyone involved-- Twitch, the game companies, the streamers, and the viewers. If you think that this is all ZOS's doing, you looking at it in the wrong direction.

Except in this case aren't all those things owned by Microsoft?

• SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Except in this case aren't all those things owned by Microsoft?

All what things?

All of the different games that streamers play? No. Some of the games, maybe, but definitely not all of them.

All of the computer operating systems or gaming consoles that streamers are playing on while they stream? No.

The streaming software that streamers use to stream the games they're playing? No.

All of the drops and other rewards that viewers can earn by watching streamers? No.

The Twitch platform itself? No.

What exactly are you saying is owned by Microsoft?
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭

True... but i'm sad... i tried but couldn't get the pink pet..

so many streamers just give stuff to subscrivers, you can't even talk in chat
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I generally don't understand what is supposed to be interesting about watching a streamer when I can have fun playing the game myself instead.

Well, maybe I'm just too old to understand.