The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

LOTRO Legendarium The MMO Added a Difficulty Slider, Maybe one day we can also have that.

• Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    coop500 wrote: »
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    I would just do the quests on easy and just change it to the harder difficulty before turning them in. Free upgrade!

I rest my case.

People are already wanting to exploit a feature that doesn't even exist yet.

I don't think anyone who wants a slider wants improved rewards. Why would they?

If I'm farming an overland set, I'd set it to easy to speed it up. If I'm playing a brand new character through the main quests, I'd put it on hard.
    Now why would I want better level 5 rewards? On one hand, I'd level out of them really quick. On the other hand, they would make my dude stronger, reducing the difficulty I'd just increased!

I just want the option to have the quests feel like a challenge. To be immersed in the story, I want it to be believable, and for me, that means that dangerous enemies should be, well, dangerous.

That's all. No better rewards, no destroying the experience of anyone who doesn't want a slider, just giving ME an option to play main questioned with more challenge.

I don't understand why people are so against an optional setting that is detrimental to nobody.
    Edited by Biro123 on June 26, 2021 6:21PM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ergele wrote: »
    every elder scrolls game had companions so we received companions.

every elder scroll game has difficulty slider, now give us the slider.

Every Elder Scroll game has been single players. *taps nose*
  • GodsGrief
    GodsGrief
    ✭✭✭
    DukeCybran wrote: »
    Those who crave more difficulty without scaling rewards are free to strip their gear off.

Why bother to ruin every casual player's experience?

[snip] I beat blackwood main boss with 0 gear and 1 weapon in a matter of minutes without dropping below 60% health. I was level 15. I hate statements like this as if Casual players are the only group of players that should be allowed to enjoy the game. [Edited for Rude Comments]
    Edited by Psiion on June 27, 2021 1:01AM